• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 60mgs Of Klonopin in 10 days. Half Life Questions . Dystonia(Neurological Disorder).

yteek

Bluelighter
120mgs Of Klonopin in 10 days. Half Life Questions . Dystonia(Neurological Disorder).

120MGS, TITLE IS WRONG DESPITE EFFORTS TO EDIT.

Well, first things, first I have an incurable neurological disorder called dystonia and i'm at the end of my rope. I took the first 30 2mg pills in probably about three days, and then after that I gave it a solid 3 to four day break after. I wanted to just not even give in, flush them, save them hard times, forget about them, but my disorder was back in full effect, it was desperation.Then recently I took just about the other 30 2mg pills.

I'm doing the math with half life calculators, this shit is going to be in my system a month, maybe more, I'm not good at math. Am I going to physically dependent at the end of all this?

I just feel fucked, I don't want this shit in my system, I wish I could rewire my brain, I wish I could cure this through sheer determination, exercise, no drugs.

Please give me some advice.

Major edit, as I noted I suck at math, I initially came to the conclusion I took 60mgs over the span of a few days but it was 120mgs.

Last edited:
Everyone is different, but hopefully you won't have withdrawals from just a short binge. If you do, do some research into comfort meds, etc...

Now your main concern, the half life thing - so yes, there will be minute traces of the drug in your system for a long time. The key word there is "minute". We're talking miniscule amounts, miniscule they're pretty much non-existent. As long as you're not redosing, you won't feel any effects from that at all, whatsoever. (Unless you have any WD symptoms as mentioned above).

Don't let the half life thing freak you out. It's really not all that important unless you're worried about a drug test or something (which isn't allowed to be discussed here ; just an example)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, first things, first I have an incurable neurological disorder called dystonia and i'm at the end of my rope. I took the first 30 in probably about three days, and then after that I gave it a solid 3 to four day break after. I wanted to just not even give in, flush them, save them hard times, forget about them, but my disorder was back in full effect, it was desperation.Then recently I took just about the other 30.

I'm doing the math with half life calculators, this shit is going to be in my system a month, maybe more, I'm not good at math. Am I going to physically dependent at the end of all this?

I just feel fucked, I don't want this shit in my system, I wish I could rewire my brain, I wish I could cure this through sheer determination, exercise, no drugs.

Please give me some advice.

What type of dystonia you didnt mention? You should be treating your dystonia with a dopamine agonist ie) ropinirole, bromocriptine and if your responsive to dopamine on its own then L-dopa.
Thats a lot of clonazapam in a few days. The half life is 10-30 hours, so we'll go 20 hrs, k..Then that makes for an average of 10/day, yes ? what strength? Assuming 0.5 mgs, then after 4-5 days they'll be clear from your system; effects wise. For urinalysis , the metabolites can take an extra week or so .. Look it up. Finally NO.. you wont have any negligible withdrawals. 2 weeks is generally required for that to occur. Please mention those dopamine agonists I've suggested to your primary health care team, GP etc...

Even if you took 60mg at once and assumed a 24h half life, at 24 hours that'd be 30mg, 48h=15mg, 72h=7.5mg, 96h=3.75mg, to 1.8 to 0.9...although half life =! duration of action anyways...so it won't be having any effect much, much, much sooner than that. Taking extremely high doses can extend the duration of action past the normal 6-12 hours, but even with the extremely long half-life(I am talking hundreds of hours) benzos with active metabolites you'd be hard pressed to feel the effects longer than 48-72 hours later even with high doses multiple days in a row.

Even if you took 60mg at once and assumed a 24h half life, at 24 hours that'd be 30mg, 48h=15mg, 72h=7.5mg, 96h=3.75mg, to 1.8 to 0.9...although half life =! duration of action anyways...so it won't be having any effect much, much, much sooner than that. Taking extremely high doses can extend the duration of action past the normal 6-12 hours, but even with the extremely long half-life(I am talking hundreds of hours) benzos with active metabolites you'd be hard pressed to feel the effects longer than 48-72 hours later even with high doses multiple days in a row.

24 is a conservative estimate, especially with the high doses I took, the sheer amount, but you can also factor in my metabolism but who knows the exact science of which my body rids itself of the metabolites. I'm going off the 20 to 60 hours, and assuming the worst so 60 or even more.

Yeah, I call clonazepam the drug of false hope, because I'm not high after a few days of indulgence, but I have a medicinal effect that gives me the illusion of normality. After I got through the initial three days off, where I felt good(healthy, not high), on the fourth I felt like ripping my head off, which may also be rebound.

I wouldn't expect more than 7 days of notable effect, but who knows?

I wish there was a cure for this shit I have, I miss my old life.

On another note, as to how the medical community came to the assumption that the longer acting benzos with a slower onset are less addictive is beyond me, because I find them much harder to gauge in comparison to drugs like Xanax. Hints klonopin being coined the methadone of benzos, and xanax being the heroin of benzos, and many consider methadone for more addictive and harder to kick. I view it as the white trash man who wakes up his day with cheap beer, and just guzzles throughout the day to keep the shakes away and his blood level of booze steady, Xanax is the banker's benzo, you can go for a day drink at the office, ok lets just say lunch, a nice scotch, one for dinner, and one the night cap.You can avoid it when need be, but the clonazepam just sticks to you like cheap beer fumes off a drunk.

Not a drug testing question, I have no drug test.And it doesn't rely on basic math, half life can vary, dependent on metabolism, weight, and amongst other genetic factors. So with all due respect, all your reasons for closing the thread, do not apply to what I had hoped to gain in response.

So truth be told I'm not good at math, that is irrelevant, and for the sake of wellbeing of members like myself in the community, I'd appreciate other's input on the subject. Serves as a matter of harm reduction.

So with all due respect I'd appreciate if you would leave my thread open.

Last edited:
I'll leave open and let some other moderators view it. What is the point to this thread? Are benzodiazepines addictive? Yes. Are the effects from the drug mostly subjective because everyone is different? Yes.

To gauge a such a large dose's potential for a sort of dependence, judging off the math and foreseen timeline, what may be expected. To gauge how long perhaps the lingering metabolites may have some impact of my physical health and complications with my neurological disorder.

Of course I know benzos are addictive. Yet you assumed, I was asking about a drug test I made no mention of, it isn't a drug testing question. I have no drug test, I didn't ask about a drug test, I'm self employed. Yet you accuse me of making a thread about drug testing, where no test was once mentioned. Did you even read the thread?

Why is that this high horse mentality has to make way in the most civil of decorum? For a forum so focused on harm reduction, and education, once again, ego still reigns rapid with those who feel a need to empower themselves through the petty indulgence of what little nugget that feeling of empowerment comes with being a moderator. No disrespect to the moderators who value, those vested in the concept of respect for the fellow humans and the code of ethics that guide a virtue of harm reduction, safety, and the wellbeing of the users they serve...none of which you obviously value.

Feel free to let the other moderators take a peek. You deleted your post, the accusation, and threat/ declaration to close the discussion as a means of personal defense, not for the good of the community, should of left it up for all to see. Integrity goes a long way, arrogance does not.

Last edited:
24 hours in not a conservative estimate for an otherwise healthy(as far as renal and liver function) young adult, in fact it could be much lower, even if you wanted to assume 48 hours, you took on average 12mg a day, so I don't see where you are getting months of active levels left in your system, it wouldn't even be two weeks, especially considering your tolerance.

But that is completely moot, half-life != DoA, not matter how bad you want to conflate the two. And I'm not even seeing a question here.

Last edited:
24 hours in not a conservative estimate for an otherwise healthy(as far as renal and liver function) young adult, in fact it could be much lower, even if you wanted to assume 48 hours, you took on average 12mg a day, so I don't see where you are getting months of active levels left in your system, it wouldn't even be two weeks, especially considering your tolerance.

But that is completely moot, half-life != DoA, not matter how bad you want to conflate the two. And I'm not even seeing a question here.

There is literature that suggest the half life cane be up to 60 hours. Based on the worst case scenario with a half life calculator I'm looking at
60 hours - 60 mg / 50%
120 hours - 30 mg / 25%
180 hours - 15 mg / 13%
240 hours - 8 mg / 6%
300 hours - 4 mg / 3%
360 hours - 2 mg / 1%
420 hours - 1 mg / 0%

About 18 days of potential metabolites being in my system. The question is there a risk of dependence on that alone? Possible complications with my health? There is the question, it isn't about a drug test.

As you noted with the possibility of spaces of doses, it may be two weeks, or it may even drag it out longer.

^I think you will be fine, probably some rebound anxiety and malaise. Have you been dependant on benzos prior to this binge, even some years ago..? Consider it an in house taper. I also think you're exaggerating the half life potential. The lower clearance rates are likely to be those of the elderly or those with metabolic organ impairments. Unless you fall into that category, I think you will.metabolise it quicker.

Rebound anxiety to be expected, rebound in my neurological issues to be expected, usually get a little more depressive and "bipolar". Will admit, I am pushing the limit of possibility, conservative with my money, but will go with liberal strides to the extreme with the chances of risk when it comes to my health just in case. Safer than sorry.

I tend to keep all my drug use in check, I'll go on a binge pretty much every 3 weeks, and remain sober after, so once a month. Was dependent on benzos years ago, but no real issues now.

The question is, dependency is very poorly understood in most lay communities. The longish half life of clonazepam won't lead to any significant dependency after taking it in binges like this. If they are regular and on-going, over the long term yes, there will probably be withdrawal/dependency. But just a couple binges, as long as they are not a reoccurring pattern, shouldn't result in dependency. They will probably result in some increased tolerance, but not withdrawal related to dependency per se. It would take regular, chronic use to become dependent to the point withdrawal is real concern (or a proper history of gabaergic dependency and withdrawal is also a useful indicator as to whether you can expect to have it again based on how you're using).

Drugs with a long half life only cause dependency, like any other drug, when used regularly and frequently. The long half life allows them to wear off more slowly, which causes less shock to the body than cessation of shorter acting drugs, which allows for a more comfortable withdrawal process.

They need to be managed well though, because when not don't properly kicking longer acting drugs is less "forgiving" than shorter acting (in the sense it will take far longer to peak and withdraw from). But not tapered properly, everything is worse about when detoxing long acting drugs. When tapered and managed properly, the withdrawal is simply far less intense than a short acting drug. The caveat is whether or not one is engaged in a proper, slow taper and had access to appropriate medication.

Long acting drugs are far more possible to taper with, and if a nasty kick is what one wants to avoid, that is very useful. Especially with benzos.

Dependency is not the result of a drug with a long half life leaving the system though, at least not without chronic/on going use. That is more akin to a taper of sorts, as the medicine more slowly leaves your body.

I'm more concerned with the amount of benzos the OP is using and the possibility there are more appropriate and helpful treatments out there (or that's what it sounds like).

Taking tens of mg of clonazepam a day indicates tolerance, so be careful how you use it. If you need to take it, using it at the lowest dose to give managible relief is preferred to just getting blasted from it.

A prior dependency on benzos will make you more vulnerable to this condition again, so unless you are prepared to manage that treat with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know if it is tolerance, I just seem to black out at one point and they "go missing".

Ah, the old "dissapearing benzo" trick, I think a lot of us have been there.

And after reading through this, I think you should try to relax a bit. It's not a particularly great idea to binge on this stuff, but you'll probably be fine if you cool it for a while at least. Addiction doesn't follow numbers and a schedule. If you were going to have significant withdrawals, you wouldn't be online, you would (hopefully) be at the closest ER or clinic.

But I do that too, I'm actually worried still and I'm on day 12 after a couple years chipping off of clonazepam. I don't even have any reason to worry, my last dose was 1/2mg, at a weeks interval. But I still worry, that's probably part of the price we pay for the warmth of the benzo blanket.

TL;DR:Relax, you'll be fine, if you wren't going to be you'd know by now. And stop binging on benzos, ideally.

I just want this shit out my system ASAP. As I noted, the physical manifestations of my disorder were back in effect within about four days after my initial binge. I wish I could find a cure for this through some virtue, but that aside, chipping with K-pins is probably worse than with Xanax I've come to conclude. I can have a weekend with Xanax, feel the medicinal remains oddly two days later, but with the long acting benzos I'll be feeling it well into the week. Just like to have my fun and be done, but realistically if you depend on them medicinally, you're really bound to dependence by default for those of us with chronic conditions.

Obviously not high during these periods of not actively indulging but I like to be clear of it as soon as possible.While I enjoy the feeling of a sense of normality, I hate the false hope of the idea that something clicked.

Not to be an ass, but I'm not sure what your question is.

So you had a benzo bender, took more than you remember taking (quite normal) and now you're done. Any after effects should be gone now, and if not now, then very shortly.

Yes there will be minute traces of the clonazepam in your system for a while. But again, those small amounts don't mean anything. You won't feel them. It's just the chemicals breaking down in your bloodstream.

Please be safe in the future with the benzos my dude. I know where you're coming from though.. I have an undiagnosed neurological disorder (well some have called it "Essential Tremor") that I first showed signs of at age 13.

At 15 the shakey hands were getting noticed by others so I went to a neurologist and he said it will progressively get worse the older I get, which has been the case.

I've never been physically dependent on benzos but have been on & off them since age 16. They tried me on eeeeverything to help with my shakey hands, which is bothersome (embarrassing, causes me anxiety when I go to a cash register and get my change, dropping/spilling things) and only benzos have worked to keep me steady. They are a miracle for me, giving me normalcy.

I'm back on Xanax 2mg's a day, and I do everything I can to not end up physically dependent. I skip days or dose less. I do 60 days on then 30 off (not dosing everyday). I love that it's short acting and leaves the body quicker. And I love that it doesn't make me foggy and just want to go to sleep like every other benzo they've had me on (Librium, Valium, Klonopin, Ativan, etc.)

Please be safe my friend!