• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 600mg etizolam in 3 weeks my experience and taper plan

klauts

Greenlighter
I just did 600mg etizolam during a 3 weeks semi blackout. I snapped out of it one morning when I for some reason decided to take some aceticybin, I then cold turkeyed for 5 days, started to get really shaky and twitchy on day 6 so I took 2mg of etizolam and now I'm completely mellow and sedated not shaky. Or anxious at all...

It seems the tolerance to thienodiazepines fades rather quickly at least in my case or else 2mg shouldn't have helped I wouldn't think... I'm going to just try using 2mg at bedtime for a week then lower that to 1.5 for a week and so on until I get to zero in about 4 weeks time. Hopefully that will lessen my withdrawal symptoms, I'm just worried about how bad it was about to get because I had done such high doses in such a small amount of time I feel like with how shaky I was and the random twitches I was getting and Tripping over my tongue, I was pretty close to seizure territory so tapering is probably my best bet even though my tolerance seems to have gone back to baseline in the 6 days of cold turkeying

If you went 6 days cold turkey and then 2mg had pretty strong effects again, then I'd use even a lower dose and taper off completely quick. Maybe 1mg at night for a few days, then .5mg for a few days and then .25mg and then take a long break from benzos, because you do not want to become dependent on them. Because even if you use 2mg a night for a few weeks, it will be even harder to get off them as you chain those daily doses together and strengthen the daily physical need for them.

dear god i remember doing the exact same thing - addicted to ETZ for like 6-7 months then my gf gave me the old "its them or me" so i binged for about a week and the went CT.

4 days of pure hell, no sleep, no food, shaking, hallucinations (i saw faces everywhere). I've CT heroin and that didn't even come close to ETZ wd - didn''t even tuch the siiiides man. so yeah, then i started cramping up and began fitting; luckily i had a sitter who called the ambulance and had a fulll on seizure as the paramedic walked into the house.

CT benzos can be fatal, i cannot stress This enough. you need a medically supervised taper. honestly, that seizure horrifying but it was almost a welcome release from the four days of sheer unending torture; if you can avoid it you'd be a fool not to.

medical taper. dooooooooo it.
best of luck OP

p.s. after o woke up in the hospital and was sent home with my first dose of valium for my taper the doctor told me that if my hands started shaking and i couldn't stop them to come straight back to hospital - its a warning sign for a seizure. so watch out for that man.

Last edited:
dear god i remember doing the exact same thing - addicted to ETZ for like 6-7 months then my gf gave me the old "its them or me" so i binged for about a week and the went CT.

4 days of pure hell, no sleep, no food, shaking, hallucinations (i saw faces everywhere). I've CT heroin and that didn't even come close to ETZ wd - didn''t even tuch the siiiides man. so yeah, then i started cramping up and began fitting; luckily i had a sitter who called the ambulance and had a fulll on seizure as the paramedic walked into the house.

CT benzos can be fatal, i cannot stress This enough. you need a medically supervised taper. honestly, that seizure horrifying but it was almost a welcome release from the four days of sheer unending torture; if you can avoid it you'd be a fool not to.

medical taper. dooooooooo it.
best of luck OP

p.s. after o woke up in the hospital and was sent home with my first dose of valium for my taper the doctor told me that if my hands started shaking and i couldn't stop them to come straight back to hospital - its a warning sign for a seizure. so watch out for that man.

Thanks. My wife is giving me the "its them or me" treatment. I'll be sure to watch for shaking.

no worries man. and if you can get hold of some clonidine it'll do you a world of good; its not a narcotic and helps with the shakes, sweating, hypertension, raised BP and its a sedative so if yuo're lucky you might sleep. wish i had it when i had my rattle. take care man

Thank for the kind advice everyone :) it's not the first time I've been an idiot and got myself in this situation. I feel like I'd probably still kept going if I hadn't taken a dose of 4-aco-dmt and snapped out of my blackout and depression. I'm lucky I only went for 3 weeks cause if I had kept doing that much a day for any longer my whole life would have fallen apart :/ now hopefully I can kick it for real this time. I've been microdosing 4-aco
Whenever I get the urge to take a large dose of etizolam and it's really profound how well it works to change my frame of mind and realize what's at stake.

I wonder if when I get down to the 1mg mark the reverse tolerance they talk about in studies will take place... That would make withdrawal much less intense one would think?