Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes story on Ecstasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do it but I think I would have a hard time keeping my job (or finding another one) if management witnessed me admitting to ocasional MDMA use on national television. I am sure lots of people I work with (engineering and mining industry) would feel the same way about admitting publically to their drug use.

Oh they gonna make mdma legal?

One thing i dont understand is why is it banned in the first place? There are other substances like tabacco and alcohol that are way more dangerous. Pls explain someone.

It's not about making mdma legal, it's about professor's and the such in the UK trying the re-classify ecstacy as a class B drug along side with pot.

Could you imagine if it was legal though, it would be far more expensive (government taxes) but it would also be abused a lot harder, just like alcohol and tobacco.

Should definately be re-classified along side with marajuana though.

the punishments will be less servere. i doubt this will happen terrible timing to try and push something like this with that poor girl recently passing away. i beleive there will be too much public opposition.

yeah infite jest i suppose my comment was pretty unrealistic. to anyone that is concidering participating please dont shoot yourself in the foot

a great example is the decriminalisation of marijuana in south australia - that has been very successful in reducing abuse..hardly anyone in SA smokes pot!

wooa wohaaa haaa bwaaa haaa haaar ;)

If cannabis were again made a class B drug, it would carry more severe penalties for possession. The maximum penalty for being found in possession of a class C drug is two years in prison plus an unlimited fine; for class B drugs it is five years in jail plus an unlimited fine.

WTF are you yapping about nobody?^^

They are moving it from Class A to Class B. Who gives a fuck, it's not Australia?!?!?!

It's not about making mdma legal, it's about professor's and the such in the UK trying the re-classify ecstacy as a class B drug along side with pot.

Could you imagine if it was legal though, it would be far more expensive (government taxes) but it would also be abused a lot harder, just like alcohol and tobacco.

Should definately be re-classified along side with marajuana though.

It would be alot cheaper, there would be competition too, making it very cheap. The government would make a bunch of cash too. There would be quality control and no people dying from it. They could make a rule saying u get an X amount for personal use every month like 4 a month or something:) 4x150mg pills that is:)

Hey i wanna become the prime minister of Australia and ill legalize mdma. Vote Sustanon:)

just playing the devils advocate - wouldn't making it widely/legally available and pharmaceutically pure increase the risk of MDMA OD/heat exhaustion/death?

Not with education. And that people who choose to do it legally accept that risk when they buy the drug, making the government/company no longer liable.

WTF are you yapping about nobody?^^

They are moving it from Class A to Class B. Who gives a fuck, it's not Australia?!?!?!

Cannabis (downgraded from class B to class C on 29 January 2004 and upgraded back to class B on 26 January 2009)

just playing the devils advocate - wouldn't making it widely/legally available and pharmaceutically pure increase the risk of MDMA OD/heat exhaustion/death?

I don't see how, if people have weak pills they don't say 'oh well I'll just take it a little easier tonight' they eat more, or double or triple drop, or start railing them.

Note that I don't advocate legalization.

Yeah you would be right with it being widely/legally available resulting in it being used alot more, but the risk/harm caused would be alot less than say tobacco,alcohol and prescription drugs.

But i can't see any further harm coming from it being more pure.

I guess if it was legally available the dosage and amount available would be pretty tightly regulated

Can we please be informed on when this report will be shown on TV so that some of us can tune in and see what they have to say about the whole topic.

I don't really think it will be anything good though, the media always seems to crew things around!

^

If it were pure you'd have much less chance of buying a street pill which contains ANY other such toxic or dangerous substance. Like PMA or Meth etc.

It would be better regulated due to the fact that maybe then at least people won't do too much. Being controlled by the dealers anyone can go out and buy as much as they want without restriction. Whereas if it were regulated they could put some sort of limit on purchase.

To those who have posted saying that they are interested, instead of saying it here contact Kirsty via her email. She answers it, I already have spoken to her through it.

And in my personal opinion, discussion of MDMA use is controversial enough without adding minors into the equation. I think it's best that only users over 18 are included in this.

I have sent Kirsty an email and she will be calling me soon so task a few questions about it.

I will let you know how it goes...

I have sent Kirsty an email and she will be calling me soon so task a few questions about it.

I will let you know how it goes...

Here is what she is referring to -->

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/ourwork/pressoffice/pressreleases/DS_response_ACMD_ecstasy.htm

Some questions...

1.Is this really going to be about the girl who died at the perth BDO & you are using this UK reclassification as a cover story here?

2.Why would you be doing a story on this as it only affects people in the U.K.

3.Are you going to pay for peoples time/travel if you request us to meet you and talk on camera or similar ?

4.Has Paul Dillon of The Alcohol and other Drugs Council been contacted and asked to be involved as well?

That's all I can think of for now ...

Last edited:
60 minutes

Hello,

Kirsty here again. I just want to stress again that I am only researching this story at this stage. Anything you tell me will be in the strictest conifdence.
I am trying to get a balanced view which is why I have contacted you guys.
If you think you can help me or offer any advice, please email me. It is purely for research purposes.
And for the person who said it...no I'm not fat but I do have a swivel chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.