Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

6-APB (100mg) - Novice - 24 hours of joy

bane2

Greenlighter
Drugs researched:
1 blue pill in foil packaging, stated to contain 100mg 6-ABP, taken orally. Slight salty taste, washed down with plenty of water.
400mg weak cannabis, smoked with tobacco, shared among 4 individuals

I am 21 years of age, light-to-average weight and medium to small height. At the time of experimentation, I was suffering from the notorious 'fresher's flu', and was coming towards the end of a week-long bender with students and was mildly stoned. (I'd estimate that it had been about an hour and a half since my last spliff, so definitely coming down off it)

21:00 GMT: I took an unmarked blue pill, which came free with some methoxetamine and methiopropamine, and sat down to watch the movie ‘Drive’. I was a little disappointed with the large amount of time it was taking to come up. I chatted with friends on Facebook, and browsed Erowid and Tumblr.

22:16 GMT: It's at about the 60 minute mark in the film. I feel like I'm swimming while still sat in my arm chair, and the violence on screen makes me (very unusually) nauseous. As mentioned above, I'd been ill, so naturally very bodily drained. I'd been dry heaving much earlier thanks to the aggravation I'd done my throat thanks to the spliffs and cigarettes smoked earlier that day, so I was unsurprised to feel nauseous again, but even as the nausea rose, I was surprised when I vomited in the kitchen, running the way to the toilet.

11:30 GMT: I curled up on my bed and closed my eyes; I open them to find that everything is red, except the blue Pendulum band poster, who I feel to be quite a threatening force, judging me and making me feel worthless, and the Charlie Chaplin poster which remained green. Chaplin reassures me and I settle down. I go to the bathroom, where the only mirror in the house is and can't quite believe how massive my pupils are. There is a very thin line of brown iris encircling penny-sized pupils. I feel slightly panicky that someone’s going to find out that I vomited in kitchen. But suddenly that is not a concern. Now the most wonderful vibrations are passing through my body. I lie back on my bed until a housemate comes home, when I just jump up with sudden burst of energy. All I know is that I need to clean the kitchen. I stop every few minutes to breathe quickly, have mouth wash and to blog my experiences.

00:00 GMT: When mostly finished, I ask my other housemate if she wants to share a joint with me, she says sure and that I look very freaky. As I'm rolling, I can't quite feel my fingertips and my hands are shaking wildly. We decide that it is a good idea to invite some friends over. I can't pinpoint when it started, but at this point I was chewing and gnashing my teeth a lot. Whenever I became aware of it, it would stop, which was mildly frustrating. On previous nights I had flicked my lighter at woodlice absent-mindedly when they were crawling on the wall, occasionally burning them. When my housemate jokingly brought it up, I found the concept abhorrent, as I did with all forms of violence at this point. I decided that I would keep one as a pet, a gesture I would soon renege on.

00:20-00:30 GMT: Roaching the last of the first spliff, friends arrive, looking slightly apprehensively at me, but it quickly becomes clear that it is just my eyes that are freaking them out. My very fast paced talking and hyper-ventilation aside, I'm of fairly sound mind; I understand that the thoughts and the hallucinations are nothing more than figments of my drug-fueled state.

00:49 GMT: I accidentally send my best mate a copy of the first draft of this report, which I had written while also cleaning the kitchen.

00:55 GMT: We are sitting in the living room when I remember how fun passing around imaginary balls of energy with a friend when we were on methoxetamine, so I convince one of my friends to join in. My right hand has been freezing and my left hand has been warm for an unknown period of time, so I decide that I have superpowers and use them on one of my friends who plays along, pretending to be burnt and frozen.

01:15 GMT: Whilst sharing a joint, I suddenly feel mildly uneasy and all I know is that I need to know what the time is. I relax again when told, and remark that the last hour or so has felt like a year.

>N.B. Times are rough estimates from this point on. I'm fairly certain that I plateau some time between 01:15 and 02:00 GMT<

Circa 02:00 GMT: I feel an urge to kiss everyone in the room, not in a romantic way, more of a childish show of affection. One of my friends has been asleep on the sofa almost since he arrived and in the time he's been lying there, his face has been covered in all manner of offensive graffiti and all I can think is how horrible everyone has been to him. As I bend down to kiss him on the top of the head, he jerks awake, accidentally headbutting my nose. For about 5 minutes, I feel very sober, as I fret over whether I'm bleeding or not - I can still taste salt. All too soon I'm back to the wonderful high of 6-APB.

Circa 02:30 GMT: Put on 'The Lion King' but I quickly get bored of it. Concentration on anything for more than 5 minutes is tough. It gets changed to Aladdin, but very little of it is watched as cigarettes and spliffs are shared among the group - my landlord forbids smoking inside, so there's a lot of walking in and out of the house.

Circa 03:00 GMT: The room is suddenly deep red again and I have a wave of paranoia sweep over me. I ask my housemate to tell me that I don't have to stay in my room and that I can leave at any time I want, which makes me feel much better. The room returns to it's normal colour.

Circa 04:30-5:30 GMT: My friends decide to leave at some point during this time, while I was conscious at the time, the memories have slipped through my fingers.

Circa 5:30 GMT: Try to masturbate, but have stim dick, which is not very unpleasant in itself but I found that I was concentrating too hard and not enjoying the sensations as much as if I were sober or stoned. I go and lie on my bed and try to sleep, which is impossible in more than 5-minute bursts.

Circa 9:00-12:00 GMT: Keep drifting in and out of sleep, it's the closest thing I could think of to being the ocean, washing up and down the shore. A shadow on a banner makes me think that there is a creepy old man staring through the (solid) door, a man with whom I cannot break eye contact.

12:00-16:00 GMT: Mong out in front of the laptop, only when I finally speak to housemate that I realise that I am still high. Standard afternoon doing fuck all.

16:00 GMT: First (and only) signs of coming down, very gradual, not unpleasant. I feel as though I've run a marathon and I realise that I've pulled a muscle near my solar plexus, undoubtedly caused by the hyperventilation.

22:30 GMT: The high has almost entirely dissipated, but nothing resembling any come downs I've experienced before. I decide to take some MPA, for which I will be doing a trip report in its own thread.

Effects:
Positive:
Pleasant warmth, like getting into a perfectly warm bath
Improved self confidence
Greater clarity of thought
Expanded empathy
Increased energy
High level of euphoria

Neutral:
Visual hallucinations
Widened pupils
Very rapid speech patterns

Negative:
Hyperventilation
Increased heart rate
Slight tightening of chest
Bursts of moderate paranoia
Stim dick
Decreases concentration levels
Dehydration
Nausea & vomiting

I would highly recommend this drug to anyone looking for a good time, but would suggest that one avoids clubs as it is very obvious that one is on drugs. I would also advise taking on an empty stomach. Of course I cannot say how addictive it is, if at all as I've only done the one pill, so if one does take it, exercise caution. With regards to the dehydration, keep an eye out on one's water intake - while it doesn't noticeably impair one's ability to urinate, one does run the risk of drinking far too much water.

Peace & Love

EDIT:
Thought I ought to include this. Since this trip, I've felt like a changed man. The idea of violence seems abominable to me now, to the extent that playing Team Fortress makes me slightly nauseous. I've always been quite an aggressive person and a big fan of 'ultra-violence' in films and games, making this change much more confusing.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_6apb
substancecode_empathogens
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited:
I'm fairly amazed at how long the effects lasted for you, I've tried 100mg of 6-APB also which only lasted around 4-5 hours.

I would highly recommend this drug to anyone looking for a good time

That did not read like a good time.

I also edited the brand names out of your report.

I've taken ~130mg once a week for the last 3 mths or so. As has been stated the main effects last about 4-5 hrs at this dose. I get pleasant euphoria, warmth, very heightened sensual feelings, slight trippyness, slightly increased perspiration and increased empathy.

It in no way increases clarity of thought!

Bad effects are, more often than not, a headache and general grogginess the next day.