Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rise_of_the_planet_of_the_apes_bridge_2011_a_l.jpg

yeah that sums it up

pissed off apes

^^ Ha ha! Everytime the trailer comes on tv, it brightens my day. CG Apes are hilarious. (Also see that they have thrown an Orangutan into the mix there this time) :)

Slogan

chosen because it stars jane birkin. i expected it to be bad. netflix told me i wasn't gonna like it, and knows me pretty well. and it was pretty bad. jane wore plenty of cute, ridiculously short dresses--which is a good look for her. found out that a lot of the good pictures of her that come up on tumbler are actually stills from this movie. but all that isn't enough to make up for how dull her character is.

in style, the movie reminded me of Daisies. has that pop-art feel. but rough, like the hippie movies. not soft and classy, like godard's version of pop.

story reminded me of Jules et Jim. the girl goes back and forth between guys so many times for such small reasons; in the end you don't even care who ends up with who.

Limitless.
Guy takes a pill everyday to function with more brain power :D
Was actually really good.

Starting Your Highness now......hoping it's going to be funny.

^ Keen to hear what you think of Your Highness. I'm a huge Danny McBride fan to start with, and Natalie Portmans in it ♥
I was a big fan of Limitless as well.

I've been busy with Season 1 of Game of Thrones.

Last movie I saw was Never Let me Go which was no near as good as I had expected it to be.

Your Highness was a huge letdown. I mean, I wasn't expecting an award winner, but the damn thing was nigh unwatchable.

had a mate over last night, so over a couple of bottles of red we watched
fourlions.jpg

as sidesplittingly hilarious as the first time
img-100320-four-lions-trailer_175159852311.jpg

51BYABYMT7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cool movie, pretty typical Cronenberg.

Thanks for posting this, love these types of movies.. really enjoyed it!

Watched this the other day, one of the wittiest well written dialogues i've seen in a movie.. Geoffry Rush is incredible as the eccentric poet.

Quills_poster.JPG

Last edited:
I haven't seen Quills in awhile, but I remember thinking that it was a great and unusual film. I should give it a re-watch.

I just watched Not Forgotten

NotForgottenPoster.jpg

Paz Vega automatically gives any movie a 3/5 minimum.

Basketball

was looking for a stupid comedy i could watch while working, and i guess that's what it was. reminded me of Kingpin, but not as good.

Quite enjoyed this though I watched it in a half-delerious-sick-with-a-fever state and in hindsight should have stuck to something more uplifting. Solid acting and it painted a very bleak picture of the region it's set in (with real character). 4/5 from me.

what was with the characters snorting rather than smoking/injecting meth though, is that more common over there? - sorry if no drug talk allowed in F&T

visioneers-poster.jpg

A dark comedy about a corporate drone who is experiencing the first symptoms of a strange epidemic that is making people explode (physically explode). The writing is great, the cast is great, overall great movie.

Deep Red

opening scene was my favorite.

i guess parts of the english version of the audio are missing, so they have it patched with italian and subtitles. it randomly switches, sometimes mid shot. the italian voice actors often sound very different from the english. a usually flighty-voiced girl stops the conversation to light her cigarette in a drawn-out beat, and when she speaks again it is in this deep, intense italian voice. was comical.

overall i strongly preferred Suspiria. though it was his very next film, it feels like he significantly developed and refined his style in between.

Phenomena is next.

The new Planet Of The Drapes.
Muhh.
Letdown.
I dint even get the opportunity to excorcise my fear of being boxed to death by a silverback.
Never saw a goriller punch anyone in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.