• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] "I lost the magic!" megathread

01roadking

Bluelighter
Any and all questions about Loss of magic are to go into this thread.
DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
Post your question here and it will be answered
-NoT

;)Its been fun, huge fun...2003 moved to Florida in my mid 40's both my wife (now x)- were introduced to it by our neighbor (who was a medical professional) and his (then(wife) ..wild times, wild sex ...trips to europe rolling balls...had lotsa fun. new wife, living life, now no need, desire....predictable - ive seen this show hundreds of times maybe in different citys and across the globe. The crash gets harder and harder...been there done that. cant roll and not smoke ciggs. Done smoking ciggs, guess done rolling -new (not so) wife bored with rolling and i guess me too. clubs suck, raves (what raves) burning man, yah, NO -- ive abused almost every drug there is - I never expected to see 21 years old, let alone 52 - fuck!!! maybe now i just choose life - im trying not to judge, cause a part of me misses the whole scene. Started getting high the summer of 6th grade (1970)...getting high since!!! have been a highly fuctional substance abuser and equally financially succsessful...go figure...the propaganda is exactly that. But now I choose reality just cause. still LOVE trance music, make all the sense to me, dont understand why people dont get it...inspires me...still finf myself checking on the pill reports to see whats out there - and its like, yeah that'd be cool, but fuuuuuuuuuck the next 2 days (if im lucky just suck... and who knows, never say never, just not right now...peace n stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess change is only a good thing. I don't think the magic is really ever over, but that just might be me.

Yep its the comedowns that killed it for me, jst got harder n harder to take - I was wondering if colonic irrigation might help?

Yep its the comedowns that killed it for me, jst got harder n harder to take - I was wondering if colonic irrigation might help?

lol probably not much, if you wanna get softer comedowns,

stop rolling so much.

I am 40 and my wife 36..we have been blowin up..never anywhere but home together.rarely with others.every 3-12 months for over 10 years, and we still havnt lost the magic..
the key for us is patience..the longer the wait,the easier the next day and the stronger the magic, but here is our secret...NO pressed pills...all the BS that is in pressed beans these days is what fucks you up...after only doing molly occasionally for the past 2 years we will never go back to beans.....Take care least Im enjoying the ride........Olskoolrollrz..patiently waiting for next time.PLUR

try taking some piracetam before your roll. it potentiates a lot of drugs.i havent done it yet but ive been rolling for 7 years and im only 20 and have already lost the magic. im hoping it will bring somethin gback.

try taking some piracetam before your roll. it potentiates a lot of drugs.i havent done it yet but ive been rolling for 7 years and im only 20 and have already lost the magic. im hoping it will bring somethin gback.

the abuse when the brain is developing through adolescence would have had a big impact on the loss of magic :( best to wait till at least your 21 !

post some pics as well.. sounds like an epic life !!

Sounds like you took it WAYYYYY to much bud. Sounds like a great life, but I dont feel bad for you if thats the case.

Respect the life choice n glad to see some oldschoolers still kickin it out there im just turning twenty and have been pushing the limit for half my life by now and to be honest i feel i have lost my magic along time ago but have slowed things down in the last month n hope i regain some spark. this is to the long road ahead or just maby a short road who really knows anymore

ya i can tell you from experience that the more you take rolls the less high you get and the shittier the come offs are. after i realized that i started rolling like once a month (used to roll 3-4 times a week). thats when i began my ongoing journey with psychedellics <3

Why not enjoy MDMA only once a year? Pretty sure that would limit most problemz people encounter from eaten too many beans in such a short span of time...

Why not enjoy MDMA only once a year? Pretty sure that would limit most problemz people encounter from eaten too many beans in such a short span of time...

Agreed. But its just too much fun. Im 110 pounds, and make sure i dont roll more than 6-8 times a year. You lose the magic, and are just all around brain dead if you roll too much.

Since this thread has become the loss of magic megathread, I thought I'd share my experience with 'losing the magic'. I’ve been taking mdma since highschool up til recently (my early 20s). Last time I took mdma was around 5 months ago.

Within the past year and half, whenever I take mdma I get wired but no euphoria.
Even when I leave several months gap between rolling, my tolerance goes down, and I get a stronger stimulant high, but still no euphoria. This is what I consider ‘loss of magic’. It has nothing to do with higher tolerance or loss of novelty.

I read a lot of people saying there’s no such thing as ‘losing the magic’ and I find it funny that just because they haven’t experienced it, they are so convinced it doesn’t exist.

I’m also wondering, people who’ve ‘lost the magic’, does it come back after taking a really long break? I’ve taken around a 5 month break so far and I’m considering rolling in another month, but at the same time I’m worried that it might set me back further.

Its been fun, huge fun...2003 moved to Florida in my mid 40's both my wife (now x)- were introduced to it by our neighbor (who was a medical professional) and his (then(wife) ..wild times, wild sex ...trips to europe rolling balls...had lotsa fun. new wife, living life, now no need, desire....predictable - ive seen this show hundreds of times maybe in different citys and across the globe. The crash gets harder and harder...been there done that. cant roll and not smoke ciggs. Done smoking ciggs, guess done rolling -new (not so) wife bored with rolling and i guess me too. clubs suck, raves (what raves) burning man, yah, NO -- ive abused almost every drug there is - I never expected to see 21 years old, let alone 52 - fuck!!! maybe now i just choose life - im trying not to judge, cause a part of me misses the whole scene. Started getting high the summer of 6th grade (1970)...getting high since!!! have been a highly fuctional substance abuser and equally financially succsessful...go figure...the propaganda is exactly that. But now I choose reality just cause. still LOVE trance music, make all the sense to me, dont understand why people dont get it...inspires me...still finf myself checking on the pill reports to see whats out there - and its like, yeah that'd be cool, but fuuuuuuuuuck the next 2 days (if im lucky just suck... and who knows, never say never, just not right now...peace n stay safe

when you say functional, i wonder. The way you write seems pretty scatter brained :p

NSFW:
Rabbit%20fr%20Hat-%3D2.jpg

^= MDMA?

There is plenty of research on MDMA.
Many different studies point to the same general conclusions.
The debate on neurotoxicity is not really a debate, in the scientific field.

While the definition of the term 'toxic' is not set in stone, several other things have reached the status of absolute truth in the eyes of science.

MDMA causes LONG-lasting/permanent alterations in the serotonin innervation in the brains of many different mammals, especially if high or repeated doses are used.

In humans, MDMA has been shown to cause decreases in blood flow in multiple brain regions, lasting long after the drug is out of the body. Some users also experience subsequent increases in regional blood flow, sometimes lasting many months. This is believed to be a marker of 'toxicity'.
Somehow, this yo-yo effect of blood decrease and increase eventually evens out, so that the brain exhibits symmetrical distribution of blood. This can take over a year. How this is accomplished is not well known, but there is evidence that two things are going on. Re-innervation of serotonin axons is happening. Other neurotransmitter systems may also be going through modifications. Consider the reports of 'head-pressure' and 'brain zaps' which are common on Bluelight...

Even before MDMA was researched at all, it was well known that serotonin in the brain had a STRONG effect upon blood distribution.

Although the field of neuroscience still has a long way to go, even blood distribution has been proven to be a common denominator in healthy brains. Thousands upon thousands of MRI scans agree - a healthy person will have even average blood distribution throughout the brain. When a scan reveals something different, scientists try to interpret what the problem is. But it is clearly understood that blood distribution is SUPPOSED to be even.

Other studies show that most users discontinue their use eventually.
Long-term heavy use is generally defined as 200-400 pills lifetime. Few studies mention users that have surpassed this range. This is an indication that 'magic' is lost.

Many studies have attempted to show a change in the neuro-endocrine response to MDMA, tryptophan, or other serotonin agents. Some studies have shown that even after a LONG period of abstinence (2.5 years) former MDMA users no longer respond to MDMA like new users. They still experience a large increase in cortisol, but show a greatly reduced prolactin response. This prolactin/oxytocin response to MDMA is associated with the effects after you peak. This study is a clear indication that modifications have occurred, and that they are long lasting.

The truth is that YES, magic can be lost.

How permanent this is will vary from user to user and is likely mediated by a variety of factors. There are no studies examining extremely long term abstinence, yet. But rest assured, that waiting a few months is NOT likely to return the magic. If you have lost the magic, two years sounds like the minimum time to wait.

Also, understand that the 'magic' is not really the drug.
The 'magic' is the brain-gut connection. The innervation that connects your intestines to your brain is what this drug is targeting. The serotonin system is one of the MOST complex of all nerve systems, in ALL of biology. This vast network of nerves CAN be damaged and altered. Why would anyone want to believe otherwise?

A simple reason: They love the drug and they want very badly for it to be safe.

Just because you think you have enough experience to proclaim that your use of MDMA is without consequence, does not mean you are correct. Even those that have been rolling for years do NOT represent proof that there is still a debate. The debate is largely settled. Science is only trying to understand more detail at this point.

Do yourselves a favor and read the research.

There are clear indications that magic can be lost, without restoration even after long periods of abstinence.
There are clear indications that users of MDMA are at much higher risk of mood disorders or clinically significant psychological problems.
There are clear indications that repeated dosing increases the damage that is done.

Can you imagine a fate worse than 'loss of magic'?

There are many accounts of the recovery process on bluelight and erowid.
Rest assured that 'loss of magic' is the least of our concern.
There is a LOT more to worry about than not rolling ever again.

Try living with anxiety, depression, increased pressure in parts of your brain, alterations to your vision, your appetite, and your bowel movements. There is also sexual dysfunction, such as complete absence of sensation, difficulty achieving erection, and complete absence of sensation during orgasm. You may also live with the constant obsession that these symptoms are going to permanent. In fact, I have found this to be very common among those in the initial stages of recovery. There is a period of absolute panic/obsession in which you truly come to believe that you will NEVER get better. It is terrifying.

The good news is, that after 6 months, I can personally say that most of these symptoms do start to taper off. Life is slowly returning to normal.
The head-pressure is still present daily, but it is tolerable. The ability to digest food has improved significantly, but the intestines still do not feel the same. Sexual function has improved a lot, but orgasms are still not the same. There seems to be a delay of several minutes before the 'rush' of pleasure really hits the brain.

And yes, I have serious doubts that I will ever get the 'magic' back.
And just so the readers know, I have done 30 tabs or LESS in my lifetime.
It was rolling two weekends in a row, 2.5 tabs each weekend, that got me where I am now. These were tested pure on pillreports.

Do yourselves a favor and learn from other's mistakes.
Limit your rolls to twice a year, max.
Take loads of VIT C and other anti-oxidants before, during, and after your roll. Do NOT redose.
If you chose to redose anyways, keep it SMALL and do it within two hours of the initial dose. You should NEVER need more than 350mg in a night.
This could be 3 tabs, or this could be 1 tab. Make sure you know your dose and the purity, in advance.

And realize that the 'magic' is not the drug. The 'magic' is in you.