• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 50 tylenol 3's a day for years!!! no APAP removed!

When I was young, I always thought that the heroin/opioid problem was only in the UK, because of the movie Trainspotting. :LOL:

I didn't even know about the huge opioid problem in the US. I thought that only the soldiers in Vietnam had tried heroin and back to their country they were WDing.

But the UK has an opioid epidemic like the US? Or is the problem not so bad?
I guess it's the youngest who abuse codeine the most.
Nowhere near as bad as the US. We don't and never did have access to strong opioids like hydrocodone/morphone. The majority of opioid addiction is either over prescribed codeine or heroin.

The UK is generally going to be in line with US drug policy, they play off of each other politically on some instinctive level as they are "family"
I'd disagree. The US is a private system so doctors are much more inclined to meet their patients requests. In the UK it doesn't matter if a doctor's patients agree with their diagnosis or treatment plan, they get paid the same regardless. Same goes for incentives for issuing certain drugs, doesn't happen in the UK.

I tried to teach her cwe but she didn't like the idea of waiting. She was on 30mg codiene n 500 paracetamol! I'm not close friends at this point as when she was getting surgeries she caught vre in hospital. I just don't wanna take chances like that. They thought Covid was bad. Her stomach cannot handle almost anything. I am still in disbelief her Liver didn't give up... It's nuts. Turns out all the judgement she used to give me might have given her a chance to look in the mirror. Wonder what will happen? She's quite selfish. Dunno what changed her. She blames it on a time she was drunk n 15 n nearly fucked her bf. (Yea thats what she calls trauma) I got out of a pedo ring. That doesn't give me an excuse to destroy everything my parents did to make me a half decent person. It was clearly just her ripping off her work cos she knew shed get away with it. Then these ''sob stories'' Was just sad.

Not that it should be normalized but: many people on this website have survived unfathomable doses of who knows what. There's things out there that probably could've killed a horde of elephants that someone out there is surviving. Tylenol is definitely not good for the liver especially in excess for so long.. but like alcoholism some people somehow withstand the test of time and it's not explainable.

No one can control what someone puts into another person's body substance-wise. It cannot work in any shape or form. But if you try to educate someone on some hazard and they still insist on not changing any routine then so be it lol. I get not changing in spite of logic.