• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 50 tylenol 3's a day for years!!! no APAP removed!

knightworrier

Bluelighter
So I have this friend who use to work in a pharmacy. Aftera couple of years we kinda noticed that our friend wasn't looking so well. Having tried asking what was wrong she said nothing. Then when they finally went to hospital. The docs were in disbelief as we all are that someone could ingest 2 packets of APAP for a few years without dying. --->10 years on this person is still alive and now on high dosage sub. I am basically asking if it is possible to survive on that much apap and weather you believe they took 50 8( a day or just said it so they would be switched to a stronger opiate in hospital? Also why give still nox to them in place of codiene? reasonings? Cheers.

Last edited:
Iirc one contains 300mg apap, so he would take 50x300mg, that's 15000mg or 15g apap per day.
The maximum dosage is around 3g so he would take five times as much for years?
I think taking 15g a few days would kill you..

There's no way, that's way over the lethal dose of acetaminophen. Not to mention if she's been taking the pills without filtering them her liver would slowly become less efficient and start to die off, making it even worse faster the more pills she took.

I always thought to some extent your body develops a tolerance to the APAP. That isn't to say your liver still isn't going to be fucked.

Surprise. She's still alive. Never removed the apap. Just had major surgery. But I have no clue how she took that many per day... Btw these had 500mg of apap each. How the heck?

I called them Tylenol 3s as I thought that was the us equivalent. But nup. She had at min 50 tablets a day. Always orally for over 3 years. It's absolutely shocking shes still alive. She did this back in 2002 to 2005 roughly. She worked in a chemist with her parents. She use to come to uni with a few packets everyday. I eventually had to call an ambulance. Docs n nurses were really shocked. And heck was she angry at me for ratting on her. But her color changed from white to a yellow gray color.

I called them Tylenol 3s as I thought that was the us equivalent. But nup. She had at min 50 tablets a day. Always orally for over 3 years. It's absolutely shocking shes still alive. She did this back in 2002 to 2005 roughly. She worked in a chemist with her parents. She use to come to uni with a few packets everyday. I eventually had to call an ambulance. Docs n nurses were really shocked. And heck was she angry at me for ratting on her. But her color changed from white to a yellow gray color.

Wow. And how many grams of codeine do these Tylenol 3 bring (15 or 30 mg?). She was basically taking 750mg. of codeine basically.

Quite a high dose. These drugs can be bought without a prescription where do you live? I know that in Ireland or Scotland you can, but apparently there is a limit to how many boxes you can buy.

When she recovers, tell her that if she doesn't detox she can register on the forum or learn the CWE method. Its too easy. I, who failed chemistry like twice, can do it. :LOL:

Wow. And how many grams of codeine do these Tylenol 3 bring (15 or 30 mg?). She was basically taking 750mg. of codeine basically.

Quite a high dose. These drugs can be bought without a prescription where do you live? I know that in Ireland or Scotland you can, but apparently there is a limit to how many boxes you can buy.

When she recovers, tell her that if she doesn't detox she can register on the forum or learn the CWE method. Its too easy. I, who failed chemistry like twice, can do it. :LOL:
In the UK you can buy 8/500 co-codamol, 12.8/200 codeine/ibuprofen, 7.46/500 dhc/APAP, 15mg/5 ml Codeine linctus, gees linctus, morphine and kaolin, and 1 other morphine syrup all otc. But generally pharmacies will only sell a limited amount for a short period of use.

In the UK you can buy 8/500 co-codamol, 12.8/200 codeine/ibuprofen, 7.46/500 dhc/APAP, 15mg/5 ml Codeine linctus, gees linctus, morphine and kaolin, and 1 other morphine syrup all otc. But generally pharmacies will only sell a limited amount for a short period of use.

Wow

And these Co-Comadol how many pills/tablets usually come?

Codeine syrups 15mg/5mL Mother of God!! In Chile, you need a prescription to even buy 3 mg codeine pills for cough or 10mg/5 mL codeine/pseudoephedrine/chrlopheramine syrups. What a FUCKING joke. :LOL:

Wow

Codeine syrups 15mg/5mL Mother of God!! In Chile, you need a prescription to even buy 3 mg codeine pills for cough or 10mg/5 mL codeine/pseudoephedrine/chrlopheramine syrups. What a FUCKING joke. :LOL:
In america we pretty much stopped giving opioids legally to anyone who's not insanely rich after the medical industry caught flak for not being more conservative handing out pain prescriptions in the early 2000s.

It's a joke now in a different way than it was then. 15 years ago youd get 30 hydrocodone for post surgery wisdom tooth pain. Now they give you you like 4 hydrocodone and just shrug if it doesnt last.

You can go in with a dislocated shoulder and walk out with some ibuprofen. Long term pain patients getting yanked off their scripts.

The streets are awash with fentanyl filled fake pressed oxys and such, heroin quality has hit a bad way as well with the fent moving in.

I'm really glad I got away from opiates for the time being, it's a fucking mess around here.

Last edited:
Wow

All tablets come in packs of 32, 1 per customer. They won't sell them regularly though, you can get away with it for a while, but even in cities like Leicester where there are literally hundreds of pharmacies you eventually run out of options.
Codeine syrup has disappeared off shelves since the whole Lean thing became popular. Used to see it in at least 30 pharmacies in my city, now there's literally 1 that doesn't keep it below the counter. It's still likely available all over the place but it's not visible and have to request it. Same goes for gees.
There's all ways the dodgy pharmacist option, a fair few will still sell Co codamol regularly or 2 packs at once, I knew one who would sell as many bottles of linctus as I wanted. He eventually stopped big able to order it due to over sale I suppose. But it's really not a good thing, it makes trying to stop almost impossible when there are 10 pharmacies within a half a mile of your home that all sell your drug of choice for 2-3 quid a dose.

All tablets come in packs of 32, 1 per customer. They won't sell them regularly though, you can get away with it for a while, but even in cities like Leicester where there are literally hundreds of pharmacies you eventually run out of options.
Codeine syrup has disappeared off shelves since the whole Lean thing became popular. Used to see it in at least 30 pharmacies in my city, now there's literally 1 that doesn't keep it below the counter. It's still likely available all over the place but it's not visible and have to request it. Same goes for gees.
There's all ways the dodgy pharmacist option, a fair few will still sell Co codamol regularly or 2 packs at once, I knew one who would sell as many bottles of linctus as I wanted. He eventually stopped big able to order it due to over sale I suppose. But it's really not a good thing, it makes trying to stop almost impossible when there are 10 pharmacies within a half a mile of your home that all sell your drug of choice for 2-3 quid a dose.
It’s expensive though, the 32 packs of nurofen plus are like £7.40 or something aren’t they? It’s incredible expensive.

In america we pretty much stopped giving opioids legally to anyone who's not insanely rich after the medical industry caught flak for not being more conservative handing out pain prescriptions in the early 2000s.

It's a joke now in a different way than it was then. 15 years ago youd get 30 hydrocodone for post surgery wisdom tooth pain. Now they give you you like 4 hydrocodone and just shrug if it doesnt last.

You can go in with a dislocated shoulder and walk out with some ibuprofen. Long term pain patients getting yanked off their scripts.

Man. At least they still give you 4 hydrocodone. :ROFLMAO:

That sounds a lot like Chile to me. Toothache? Ibuprofen. Rotator cuff injury? Ketoprofen + ice.

If you have cancer, hopefully tramadol. :LOL: I guess I was very lucky or (bad in some way) to find a doctor who prescribed tram/acetaminophen for a herniated disc. :LOL:

P.S. The United States has 99% of the world's hydrocodone supply.

Man. At least they still give you 4 hydrocodone. :ROFLMAO:

That sounds a lot like Chile to me. Toothache? Ibuprofen. Rotator cuff injury? Ketoprofen + ice.

If you have cancer, hopefully tramadol. :LOL: I guess I was very lucky or (bad in some way) to find a doctor who prescribed tram/acetaminophen for a herniated disc. :LOL:

P.S. The United States has 99% of the world's hydrocodone supply.
The UK might be heading in a similar direction. The mhra recently announced that they're considering making all codeine products prescription only. At least we'll still have easy access to 30 mg cocodamol on script, seem to throw them at people in the hundreds, good luck getting anything stronger without a serious condition like cancer. I've recently had to go through 5 doctors to get a script for 30 mg dhc tablets 6 a day is max dosage. We have oxycodone and morphine as go to cancer pain meds but they'll still start on codeine/dhc.
I just find it odd that we have so much available otc. It's all easy to abuse too, very few have anything to prevent abuse. Yet we are really stick with anything stronger than codeine/dhc.

Last edited:
The UK might be heading in a similar direction. The mhra recently announced that they're considering making all codeine products prescription only. At least we'll still have easy access to 30 mg cocodamol on script, seem to throw them at people in the hundreds, good luck getting anything stronger without a serious condition like cancer. I've recently had to go through 5 doctors to get a script for 30 mg dhc tablets 6 a day is max dosage. We have oxycodone and morphine as go to cancer pain meds but they'll still start on codeine/dhc.
I just find it odd that we have so much available otc. It's all easy to abuse too, very few have anything to prevent abuse.

But the UK has an opioid epidemic like the US? Or is the problem not so bad?
I guess it's the youngest who abuse codeine the most.

But the UK has an opioid epidemic like the US? Or is the problem not so bad?
I guess it's the youngest who abuse codeine the most.
The UK is generally going to be in line with US drug policy, they play off of each other politically on some instinctive level as they are "family"