• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 50 mg's Doxylamine?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Im not asking should I take it. Or, even if I will get a high.

Im talking about for sleep.

Is this safe? Is this an overdose? Will this cause unwanted hallucinations?

Thanks.

It wouldn´t in my case, but everyone is different. I don´t know your tolerance or how you have dealt with these before.

Lucky you I wish I could sleep that easily. :( This week has been 12.5mg doxylamine, 25-50mg diphenhydramine, 200mg pregabalin, 30-40mg DXM, 1mg melatonin and weed lol. This will usually give me 5-6 hours of sleep. :D

Edit: Also the 10% alcohol that's in the cold medicine if that plays a part.

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit late but 50mgs is a pretty standard dose for doxylamine, though most come in 25mg tablets. Fun fact, Doxylamine is considered the strongest otc sedative in the US and has beat a benzo in a study, though the name of the benzo slips my memory. It's great for sleep and has little cholinergic activity so I wouldn't worry about delirium unless you take huge doses.

Make sure you're using the melatonin correctly (right amount, right time, and make sure you go to bed in a dark room).
If doxylamine doesn't work, I'd try kava kava or valerian root. Quality is really important on those though.

If you're still not getting enough sleep, see a doctor. Lack of sleep is just horrible for your health and general well being and can completely disrupt your life. It's not something you should tough out.

here doxylamine comes in 12.5g pills, i remember when i wanteto them after a cocaine seshe, i took the whole box or nearly, lets say approx 100mg, fell asleep eventually but not necessarilly due to the hypnotic acton of Doxy, allthough in part, but because it was late i was unpleanstly hung over the next day, groggy, headache, bad mood....

IMO/IME for your case, no hallus, but if youre feeling slightly tired , get in bed, turn off all lights computers (etc.) and take 25mg.... (you haven't given much info on your source cause and since when you have trouble sleepting or insomnia. If your insomnia is more "severe", you evaluate,, you can take 50mg, same ritual as 25mg, depending, you might just be a bit groggy in the morning would be my main supposition. Also, a bedside lamp, and a good book to prevent tossing and turning before the medication kicks in could work....

Maybe look into "sleep hygiene" it might help you....

SLeep tight, friend!