• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 5 year Oxy/ Sub user hoping to have cheated withdrawal, risky UNRECOMMENDED method.

i kicked 16mg suboxone in jail, after being on it 5 plus, years. The withdrawls weren't bad at all. I was really scared going in i did like a 5 day taper from 16 down to 4(not much of a taper ahah). I slept for 2-days and had some machine-gun sneezing fits, some chills, but my appetite was fine. The paws(post acute wd's) were there for a while just sleep trouble, and hot/cold flashes, not bad at all compared to a full agonist like -heroin(iv) or morphine (ms-contin 100mg and 200mg pills-used to get em dirt cheap, from a guy w/no legs)or Methadone(worst wd's ever) those are the full agonists I've withdrawd. Maybe being in jail helped cause i knew i wasnt getting any bupe. But i wouldn't worry to much about bupe wd, if you've ever detoxed from oxy or whatever. But I still take a maintenance dose of subutex 4mg/ after some bad relapsing all last year(lost everything).

im gonna be making the jump off sub soon and its encouraging reading your story, deceasedwithin. Good Luck! keep us updated :)

im gonna be making the jump off sub soon and its encouraging reading your story, deceasedwithin. Good Luck! keep us updated :)

Pleaseeee do it =) you will feel so good getting off that poison, something about it just started tweaking me out when I realized how many years I was on it and zombified, then I started thinking about my entire life passing by in that state and it kicked my motivation into gear! How many MG are you taking per day as of now joe? If you want some tips or help i'm here for anyone! It's a scary fuckin' process but if I, a midget of a chick can do it, anyone can. Don't let the withdrawals scare you, instead embrace the way you feel and know you are purging out all this bullshit. I'm still feeling good- few symptoms: stomach upset, legs feel sore, but NOTHING like pure oxy withdrawal where you're kickin' around and almost snapping your legs off =)

dirty, that sounds brutal!!!!! You are a tough one haha. I couldn't jump even at .5 mg. But you are probably onto something when you consider your situation. I can see how knowing bupe wasn't an option changed the way you reacted. It's much harder when you have a pile sitting right next to you, that you know will make you feel better, while you sit and torture yourself. In all honesty, I don't think I could have come up with the willpower to quit if I didn't switch back to perk for the month before I made the jump. Thanks for your encouragement and story, feels good not to be alone when you can't talk to your friends or family about your problem. I hid it for so long that it has been easier for me to say I have a mild case of the flu. I've gone through bouts of losing everything as well =(. Ya know what makes that even worse? Ya finally get clean and THAT'S when it all hits. All the money, the family you've ignored, blah blah, literally brought me to tears the other day. I guess I've used sub more to mask emotion than for any other reason. It seemed to numb down everything to the point where I can be chill about anything. I'm not really sure how to deal with the emotional aspect of quitting, and that's gonna be my hardest struggle since I started using in the first place due to anxiety and depression.

Thank you everyone =) I completely understand that staying clean will be the hardest part. I know being on sub wasn't being "clean" but it did give me three years of a much more normal life than the road I would have gone down if I stayed on oxy the whole time.

You still have to keep in mind, you have had opioids numbing (or at very least cushioning) you from actually feeling what life throws and has thrown at you. Once you are fully clean (unfortunately, you still have sub in your system easing the transition), you are probably going to have all the things that drove you to using for 5 years and that you were not properly processing and dealing with smack you in the face.

You NEED to have a concrete plan for how you are going to deal with PAWS which is inevitable for you and you need to have a plan for how you are going to deal with life when things get rough and you start craving.

I don't want to shit on the success you are seeing and feeling right now, but I would hate more for you to approach this unrealistically and again, get bitch-slapped by reality and feel even worse.

Every opioid user that I have ever known who has thought they found a way to cheat withdrawals (and this is approaching 5 years on this site, 2 of them moderating THIS forum and studying addictions counseling and addiction for most of that time) goes back to using because there is no way to cheat the inevitable. What goes up, most come down and when people at least prepare for the fall, they can have something in place so they don't just free-fall face-first into the concrete and shatter.

Prepare and take care of yourself and you can transition this momentum you've built into meaningful, lasting changes.

Cane your post means the world to me i'm hanging in there so far I should have updated sooner, anxiety remains at times but otherwise i'm pulling through. Eating healthy, supplements, vitamins, and a supportive fiance. Thanks for taking the time to write out such a thoughtful post.

I have done this myself. I have taken "breaks" from high levels of oxy now twice. The first time I had reached about a max of 300mg a day, and I'm also a female and range around 115-135s lbs (I fluctuate a lot). I have chronic pain from a horrific car accident I was in a few yrs ago that broke just about every bone in my body. I had reconstructive survey but it was not corrective surgery,it only put metal pins, screws and plates throughout my body. I had never taken a pain pill in my life other than having my wisdom teeth removed many years ago and the surgeon gave me the old Oxycontin 80s (wtf right???) and I took one and never got so sick,due to zero opiate tolerance. After the wreck I was on a pain pump and the dilaudid only helped me keep from screaming 24/7,it didn't make me high or happy because I was in so much pain. After being in a pain management program for a few years my tolerance has skyrocketed,yet the DEA has cut down the prescribing dose of oxy and instant release opiates hugely in this area,so I was spending thousands of $ a month for a long long time. Finally said enough and took a break with subs. It sucked,I won't lie. I hate them but they kept the worst of DTS away of course. Only 3-4 days taking a 8mg strip a day dropped my tolerance low enough to go to my RX dose again and not spend extra money. I'm now using them again to do it all over, but I have to go back to the oxy for my doc to not kick me out because I need my pain injections at least if not meds. So I'll use a low dose of oxy again to taper off the rest of the sub and come off it completely. Sorry for such a long long post. Thought I needed to share everything.