• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5 weeks after mdma/e overdose, really messed up vision and brain

I dont remember if I took 3 or 4 half pills, so maxium 2 pills totalt

Update

Still feeling the same, the visual stuff has been worse the past days though. Maybe because I tried to be more acitve by going to a party/visiting friends and such. I'm wondering if I do have HPPD? Some degree of visual snow as described. I can also describe it like when you try to cross your eyes, but not as intense. Sometimes it's tough to read white subtitles in movies, like its glooming out of it, or almost like you see double but just slightly. It's werid cus looking out through the carwindow or when going by the train and everything going fast, it actually doesn't feel that weird, but going for a walk or jog everything is worse. Like if I look on the ground while moving it's almost like I experience "bad fps", unsmooth, like choppy vision.

I still just stay around the house, play video games, and watch movies. I dont really have any big problems with anxiety or depression though... Some derealisation when the hppd is more prominent.

Is there really anything I can do? 3 months after now without any improvement...

hello everyone! (sorry for bad english)

I'm 22 years old and have never done any drugs more than smoking weed a few times before. 5 weeks ago, at a festival I got really drunk at thought It was a good idea to try som ectasy so I took half a pill of it 3 or 4 times during the night while drinking (I think it was some strong pink red bull xtc 220mg or something). I also took an SSRI pill from someone. (Completly fucking idiotic, I know.) We were awake the whole night partying and the morning after and then I began to feel shit. I got some hallucinations, feeling really weird. later that day i puked, was so dry in my mouth I almost couldnt eat. (So I got a big case of dehyrdation, which I tried to balance up with hangover pills) Then the day after that i was feeling better so I started party again, but still feeling messed up (no vision problems at this time). Couldnt really sleep the night after. I then began to feel very messsed up.

The week after I was experiencing a lot of crazy shit. My vision was extremly weird, like blurry/couldn't focus, almost like it couldn't follow properly/ not focused. My head was feeling like totally burned. I was completly dizzy could'nt do shit more than lay in bed. I went to an doctor who took the basic blood samples and so on. He thought it was nothing to worry about.

I tried taking some 5htp because i was heard it could help and i have taken 150mg every day now.

And now after 5 weeks, my vision is a bit better (not blurry). I can see clearly but it is very weird. Like hard to focus and it follows behind. I feel so fucked up in my head it's like i burned it. I almost have like derealisation I think, because of how fucked everything feels. I dont really do much more than lay in bed watching movies/youtube and such. I cant work or anything.

Because of all this I got so much anxiety and so on worrying that this shit is permanent. I'm so scared :( Maybe I got like a variant of serotonine syndrome after all that shit and then this is the after effects?
Will contact the doctor again ofcourse and see if he can send me to someone who knows more about it.

But what can I do about all this? Im really sensitive now so please dont bash me and say Im gonna be fucked up forever and so on. Any advice on how long this will last? I am eating alot of vitamins and everything. I know i completely fuked up so hard, I will never ever be in contact with shit like this again, and take it real easy on the booze in the future.

Likely with no tolerance to anything, plus such a seritogenic overload, your serotonin receptors changed. Very fast Eventually it doesn't matter

Eventually it doesn't matter like things will go back to normal? Or are they changed for the worst.

Hello I know this has been over a year later but did your vision ever get better or go back to “normal”? I’m experiencing something similar and I read all of your updates so I want to know if you ever got better. Thanks

Hello, well it's been 3 weeks since I used some ecstasy pills. I took one pill and a half. I could not sleep that night I stayed up all the night and the next day too. The problem is 2 days later I started hearing some ringing in my ears, having headache, infected throat and tinnitus problem, lightheaded, around my left ear area tingling, pain in my left part of chest and armpit, joints pain, ensomnia, fever. However, some of these symptoms are now subdued and some are getting worse. The worst part is I been feeling extremely dizzy and tired this last week more than before. I might feel normal when I wake up in the morning but once I start my day like when Im walking or moving I feel tired and dizzy. I Everyday be suffering from new infections. I seen two doctors but they only prescribed me some antibiotics. Im really scared because I dont know if anyone has experienced the same symptoms or it's just me. Ps: The pill I took I doubt that was only mdma its certainly mixed with something else other than mdma.

Hi Kentan

I am just writing to see if you have had any outcome to all this? I have lived with this terrible condition now for just over five years. Everything you have mentioned is exactly what I have down to a T. I had also only ever tried weed before this experience and I also took 2 tablets of mdma in one night spaced a few hours apart. It was a great night nothing bad with that I woke up the next day feeling very off but I thought it was just from being hungover later That afternoon when I tried to drive my car was when I noticed my vision was very messed up hard to focus/ concentrate and after that I started having very bad anexity and one panic attack. The first week was the hardest I spent the whole first week indoors each time I went out side I could see how messed up my vision I found It was less noticeable indoors. It’s a very hard thing to describe to someone but you have done a great job. Anyway I have tried over 10 different medications with no luck. I have had every test under the sun from doctors and neurologists and the seem to find nothing. I know it’s a terrible thing to live with and it doesn’t come and go. You wake up with it all day everyday. If you have found some information that helps I would love to know. Thank you.

Hi Kentan

I am just writing to see if you have had any outcome to all this? I have lived with this terrible condition now for just over five years. Everything you have mentioned is exactly what I have down to a T. I had also only ever tried weed before this experience and I also took 2 tablets of mdma in one night spaced a few hours apart. It was a great night nothing bad with that I woke up the next day feeling very off but I thought it was just from being hungover later That afternoon when I tried to drive my car was when I noticed my vision was very messed up hard to focus/ concentrate and after that I started having very bad anexity and one panic attack. The first week was the hardest I spent the whole first week indoors each time I went out side I could see how messed up my vision I found It was less noticeable indoors. It’s a very hard thing to describe to someone but you have done a great job. Anyway I have tried over 10 different medications with no luck. I have had every test under the sun from doctors and neurologists and the seem to find nothing. I know it’s a terrible thing to live with and it doesn’t come and go. You wake up with it all day everyday. If you have found some information that helps I would love to know. Thank you.
You’ve seen zero change in your symptoms?

Pretty much I have tried about 15 medications tried exercise, mindfulness stoped drinking . I have seen three neurologists had ever test under the sun nothing I have been too a few really good optometrists my eyes are almost perfect on paper. Tried heaps of psychiatrists and psychologists. Definitely the first few years were worse with anxiety and got a little better but that’s only because I don’t really feel much of anything anymore.

Pretty much I have tried about 15 medications tried exercise, mindfulness stoped drinking . I have seen three neurologists had ever test under the sun nothing I have been too a few really good optometrists my eyes are almost perfect on paper. Tried heaps of psychiatrists and psychologists. Definitely the first few years were worse with anxiety and got a little better but that’s only because I don’t really feel much of anything anymore.

Did you take prescription drugs before the mdma?