• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

5 suboxone 8mg left..

Shelly320

Bluelighter
Hi I'm having issues getting my meds ( suboxone) I've tapered quite a bit I'm down to .25 or .5 of a milligram a day but does anyone have a tapering so I can get off this last little bit? Also will I have a pronounced withdrawal like with regular opiates? I've been on a year and a half but began tapering on my own last summer, the doc would keep me on indefinitely and I have a script but my insurance is giving me issues, I already feel the last week like I'm almost always in a slight withdrawal but I was very strict with myself and have no issues untill this week, I don't want to take more subs but I need a good taper using like 5 subs please help

Have you been taking them orally? if so that method is TRASH compared to the intranasal bioavalability if you didnt know

Hey Shelly I read your post, it's probably a good thing that you're having insurance issues right now since it's spurring you on to jump off the subs. Most doctors want their patients to take 16mg+ every day forever and that's just ridiculous.

If you're really at 0.25mg/day, then 5 subs will last you around 4-5 months. If you want to taper lower than 0.25mg you'll need to make a solution and dose volumetrically, but that isn't necessary. If you have been on 0.25mg for a while and are stable there, you can jump off anytime you want. The withdrawal will come in around 24-48 hours after the last dose and it won't be too bad. I just did this exact same thing about 5 months ago and I still get sneeze fits and chills/goosebumps once in a while, but it was for the most part a cakewalk.

The mental aspect of "not knowing what to do with myself" and the project of filling in the gaps that opioids used to fill for you is the ongoing challenge and I still haven't figured any of that out myself.

But you're right where you want to be, both mentally (doc wants you to be a bupe zombie, you're ready to stop) and physically (you've tapered down to the lowest possible measurable mass of strip/tablet). Good luck!

Thanks Phil I feel like I'm right there....but I'm so afraid to jump! My mind is insane and all over the place right now I actually had to leave work ( very uncommon for me) but I just feel awful tonight I'm worried it's more than withdrawal I'm having an awful pain in my stomach and I'm worried if I take even a micro dose of sub it may affect if I go to the er and need surgery this is why I want off these!!

I took my suboxone in small doses like you. .25-.5mgs. And I enjoyed it at this dose level. I could feel the norbuprenorphine.

And when I decided to come off of it, I just made sure I started taking like .1-.2mg doses....which didn't cause ANY sort of WD. After a few days of only taking these smaller amounts I jumped off with absolutely no WD's.

Although, I did often stop taking my suboxone with no problems since I was only taking such low doses. Are you saying that if you jumped off right now, at the doses you are taking, you would have WD's? Because that's not the experience I have with sub. Although I took the pills(sometimes the strips), and preferred the pills over the strips once they came out with them.

just jump off now and use herbs to help with any wd

- low doses of kratom for a few day
- akuamma seed
- valerian for sleep
- kava for anixety

way easier than tapering sub forever

if you've gotten that low then there's really not much more to do... Your not going to experience any crazy withdrawal or anything even close to it for that matter. If you want to keep going then keep going but if your taking .25-.5 that's about as good as it gets.

if you've gotten that low then there's really not much more to do... Your not going to experience any crazy withdrawal or anything even close to it for that matter. If you want to keep going then keep going but if your taking .25-.5 that's about as good as it gets.

Actually, if you read CaptianHeroin's posts about his long term use of EXTREMELY tiny doses of suboxone, I think you may come to the conclusion that he might disagree.

Although maybe not. I am not trying to speak for him.

And like I have already said, I have personally stopped taking sub at doses of 0.25 - 0.5mgs MANY times without ANY withdrawal symptoms....so I'm not disagreeing with, just pointing out that there are people who were/are taking MUCH MUCH smaller doses than 0.25mgs for extended periods of time.

I jumped from about .15-.2 mg a day and combined with hard excersize I had zero withdrawal. I had been on for 3 years starting at 8mgs a day...my only symptom was purely placebo I'm convinced...I was little anxious but it was all in my head and after like the 5th day I was home free

I jumped from .25mg per day after being on it for several years and being fairly stable at .25mg for at least a couple months.

I was only really bothered by the RLS keeping me from sleeping for a week. Nothing else really, I wasn't feeling like a champ but I could go out and do stuff.

BUT, I was taking Xanax and klonopin to help me sleep and curb any anxiety...

My doctor was recommending tramadol and gabapentin but I didn't want to risk getting hooked on anything else so I declined (I was already hooked on benzos).

Good luck, let everyone know, I'm surprised by the different results people have.