• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5-MeO-NiPT?

Yeah it was available from a vendor some years ago, thought to be inactive. Here is an interesting question:

For the asymmetrical N,N-dialkyltryptamines, which chain is preferentially metabolized? Eg Does MPT yield NMT or NPT? Does MiPT yield NiPT or NMT? And so forth...

I would assume both no? Perhaps the ratios may be different if it's say easier to metabolize the methyl vs heavier alkyls so u'd get more NPT than NMT.
I was thinking 5-meo-NIPT could be methylated with L-Me 'in vivo'as an alternative to 5-meo-mipt which is legally kinda sketchy in some places
I dont think it'd b inactive, just probly not very potent.
I've always wanted to try NTBT and NSBT which are both active and said to be pleasant or their 5-meo variations not sure if NIBT was active or not

I got the chance to try some of the n-monoalkyl tryptamines a while back. Interesting compounds, but not psychedelic in any ordinary sense.

don't think I ever tried any methoxylated derivatives though

^What u care to expound upon that? I'd love to know which one's and what the FX were, maybe it will give me a better idea about NTBT and similar...

I got the chance to try some of the n-monoalkyl tryptamines a while back. Interesting compounds, but not psychedelic in any ordinary sense.

don't think I ever tried any methoxylated derivatives though

What were the effects like? In TIHKAL Shulgin mentions than N-tert-butyltryptamine has "GHB-like" intoxicant effects... That would be nice, too, even if it's not psychedelic.

I really don't think it will be anything like GHB, Shulgin makes weird comparisons sometimes, like he compared PMA to alcohol. But I still think these would be cool. maybe they're SRAs too or something.

Last edited:
Wouldn't compare it to GHB, that's for sure. I think I went into more detail here before. It was probably under the username Ham-milton, though.

can u give the names of the n-monoalkyl-tryptamines u tried so can narrow the search results down

Does anyone have any literature or info on this compound? Is the consensus still GHB like?

I'm interested in the subjectiveness of these new compounds, since people aren't reading trip reports before they take them, it seems to produce more unique effects/trips.

"Then who was phone?"

In all seriousness, I really don't think mono alkyl tryptamines are a-go-go. They never worked too well in the past and I don't see any reason why they should work as well now. I reckon NTBT worked well as a GABA-ergic drug due to it's weight on the amine, lowering it would only decrease activity.

If I had to guess adding more carbon groups would increase activity but only in a GABA-ergic way. Under NET Shulgin describes the whole width of mono alkyl tryptamines but still only mild intoxication occurred. http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal49.shtml

I'd be interested in an N, N -HO, -Alkyl though. Could start to get dicey.

EDIT: " Interestingly, NSBT is one of the two mono-substituted tryptamines that just might have CNS activity. It has shown a generalized and somewhat diffuse intoxication with several studies covering the 25 to 75 milligram range. Short lived, intellectual excitement with some modest sensory enhancements. Promising, and a lot of erotic horniness, but no plus threes, yet."

Actually this could be useful, the sec-butyl increased cognition, indicating possible 5HT4 agonism. If this were further researched we could come out with some nootropics/anxiolytics. Also increasing the abundance of selective 5HT4 agonists and perhaps 5HT3 agonists.
This could turn into a cornerstone for recreational nootropics.

Last edited:
This chemical is amazing simply amazing i have tried all the 4-hydroxy and a few 5-meo tryptamines most 2c-xs and Lsz/d and al-lad and i would rank my 24mg nasal dose as my second or third favorite experience. It had minimum to no body load and was accompanied with a clean and serene thought process and the best part IT WAS ALMOST ALL EYE CANDY ! And very good eye candy fully blown Persian carpet patterning over top of every surface nearly got nauseous at one point from motion sickness :)))