View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-NiPT

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
5-MeO-NiPT (N-Isopropyl-5-methoxy-tryptamine) has appeared. There is no TIHKAL entry or related information available, it seems to be a metabolite of 5-MeO-DiPT found in urine. Any ideas about dose, activity, and whether or not it will retain the interesting auditory effects of DiPT (with or without the methoxy group).

this sounds gross, but couldnt you just extract some piss? might take a few batches before you get anything worth capsulating... if i had Dipt i would. (well, and was curious about said substance)

I guess you would end up with a mixture of metabolites and other stuff, instead of (relatively) pure 5-MeO-NiPT. Would be an interesting experiment though.

5-MeO-tryptamines are so passé...

Anyway, since it is a metabolite of 5-MeO-DiPT (ie. psychedelic jargon for "trash"), I doubt it has anything more interesting than Foxy to offer. That is to say, nothing. heh.

I doubt that it is orally active or even a true psychedelic--you need two alkyl groups on the terminal amine to have an active tryptamine.

But I don't agree that 5-MeO-tryptamines are passe. 5-MeO-DMT is truly a glorious compound. It is only 5-MeO-DiPT that seems to suck.

Jamshyd said:
5-MeO-tryptamines are so passé...

Anyway, since it is a metabolite of 5-MeO-DiPT (ie. psychedelic jargon for "trash"), I doubt it has anything more interesting than Foxy to offer. That is to say, nothing. heh.

But you can't discount that we're all affected differently ;)

For example, although I don't find 5-MeO-DiPT valuable (although I wouldn't call it trash), I find 5-MeO-MiPT to be a very valuable ally. The interesting things about this vast array of synthetic psychedelics we are discovering is that there are limitless possibilities contained within. There are many cases I can think of where one substance is rather worthless to me, while another that is closely related has proven to be valuable and in fact not very similar at all (5-MeO-DiPT vs. 5-MeO-DiPT is but one example).

And I mean, just because we've found a few that are fantastic psychedelics doesn't mean there's no value in finding others that are more specified to particular tasks. Just because LSD or mushrooms can give you the whole psychedelic experience doesn't mean it's not worth looking for others. Many consider LSD, DMT, mushrooms, and mescaline to be all we need, but I say that if we keep discovering new things, we're bound to find more than are at least equally as valuable.

it also might be that the breakdown of foxy to 5-meo-nipt happens at a point where the latter isn't absorbed and becomes active. So maybe taking it another way for instance IMing it or insufflating it will be active with much different properties? Who knows until it is tried in a few experiments.

somebody will probably try it eventually.

I came across this one about 6 months ago, and the concensus was that it will be subject to rapid breakdown by MAO and not active orally. I dont have a clue about paternal routes with this though...

i saw a cool picture of a vial of 1 gram in solution (some kinda of alcohol solution). It was a neat pic I'll try to find it again.

Just a friendly reminder that any talk of sourcing is prohibited, even if it's harmless and not actually asking for sources. The less we talk about where to get things, the less attention things will get.

Xorkoth said:
But you can't discount that we're all affected differently ;)

For example, although I don't find 5-MeO-DiPT valuable (although I wouldn't call it trash), I find 5-MeO-MiPT to be a very valuable ally. The interesting things about this vast array of synthetic psychedelics we are discovering is that there are limitless possibilities contained within. There are many cases I can think of where one substance is rather worthless to me, while another that is closely related has proven to be valuable and in fact not very similar at all (5-MeO-DiPT vs. 5-MeO-DiPT is but one example).

And I mean, just because we've found a few that are fantastic psychedelics doesn't mean there's no value in finding others that are more specified to particular tasks. Just because LSD or mushrooms can give you the whole psychedelic experience doesn't mean it's not worth looking for others. Many consider LSD, DMT, mushrooms, and mescaline to be all we need, but I say that if we keep discovering new things, we're bound to find more than are at least equally as valuable.

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong.

Its just that I see that in the last, say... 5 years, very few worthwhile substances (which I'm evaluating simply on public consensus) were produced. People that synthesize en masse are going down the road of 5-MeO-Tryptamines, Flys, and other substances like that which seem to be of limited usefulness in the grand scheme of things. To me, it seems like the selection of psychedelics we have available has become a bit redundant...

That said, I admit I do tend to be conservative when it comes to psychedelics (as opposed to my over-enthusiasm for Ketamine), and that includes their productions. I believe DPT has given me the purest a psychedelic experience can be, and so I have little motivation to experiment with anymore psychedelics, at least for now - that is why I switched to dissociatives as you probably know. As I have mentioned before, I definitely agree with Watts' "hang-up" attitude. But that is only my current opinion, and I realize it isn't very popular :). I do hold a grudge with all the chemists in the world for not producing any Ketamine analogues yet!

Last edited:
mmmm ket analogues sound yummy :)

I wish there were more simple tryptamines produced (more MET, DET, DMT, etc).

The only known active N-monoalkylated tryptamines are NTBT and NSBT, tested by Shulgin in TiHKAL and they are both GHB-like intoxicant but no psychedelic effect. the t-butylated is more potent than the s-butyl. N-iPr is probably incative.