• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MeO-DMT Unknown dosage; DOC, Ketamine) - Classic - But A Little Lower Than The Angels (++++)

DOC is super classy stuff, it's a pretty easy experience too, but very full. Very long too, but friendly, warm, and euphoric.

It definitely IS a very polarizing substance when it comes to opinions. I have found it to be nothing more than a jumble of mostly physical (cardiovascular and GI) side-effects that hits you like a train then leaves shortly thereafter. This was true even when I IVed it, in my desperate attempt to glean anything of use out of it.

However, mixed with other substances, in particular MDMA, produces a most awesome (in the literal sense of the word) experience of what I'd describe as simulated death (very similar to Ketamien's entheogenesis but with all emotions and sensations intact and even enhanced by many orders of magnitude - incredibly beautiful and overwhelming - a single second of eternity. This combo is as a matter of fact one of the handful of serotonergics I have any interest in trying in the future as I find myself drifting further and further away from the world of classical psychedelics.

Interesting to note that this "single second of eternity" experience is one I'd definitely qualify as a ++++, yet I see a fundamental agreement with SKL's experience: that the subject-object dichotomy remains intact.

Salvia + MDMA is wonderful too. I once had that moment of perfect perfection one time on the combo.

Always fun but increasingly, intensly sad and nostalgic (given the time in my life it was written, and the time it occurred, and a very short, comparatively, part of the scene that's now irrevocably dead; but all surpassed and compounded by the death of our friend Jamshyd, a very wise and kind man gone before his time.

For it to be 2010 again, I think, for the both of us, and really, perhaps the world entire; certainly for our* clique, it was a certain type of peak. This was written by me in retrospective of a peak experience yes but probably the peak, coming quite late I guess, of young adulthood. Sad to have been wasted on drugs and crime I guess but we had some times and met some interesting people and kept things flowing in certain circles 'round those years. Effecting a positive change would be more than a bit of a reach most likely but it was a memorable time.

Last edited:
2010 for me was actually a pretty terrible year in many ways. For me the peak was 2006-2007. But yeah I look on those times with nostalgia. It used to make me sad but right now is better than then for me. Less innocent, but more fulfilling and more uniformly positive as I'm not dealing concurrently with drug addiction.

Nice report SKL, it resembles perfectly some of my moments with the mighty 5meo.

We still have life left...let's not go and claim 2010 to be a peak. If we keep an open mind (I'm told) new things will come.
Now we are better positioned to know our gifts and to make the most of it.

2018 will be a good one for me but not the best. I'm gonna prolong the coming peak for as long as I may.

Always fun but increasingly, intensly sad and nostalgic (given the time in my life it was written, and the time it occurred, and a very short, comparatively, part of the scene that's now irrevocably dead; but all surpassed and compounded by the death of our friend Jamshyd, a very wise and kind man gone before his time.

For it to be 2010 again, I think, for the both of us, and really, perhaps the world entire; certainly for our* clique, it was a certain type of peak. This was written by me in retrospective of a peak experience yes but probably the peak, coming quite late I guess, of young adulthood. Sad to have been wasted on drugs and crime I guess but we had some times and met some interesting people and kept things flowing in certain circles 'round those years. Effecting a positive change would be more than a bit of a reach most likely but it was a memorable time.

We still have life left...let's not go and claim 2010 to be a peak. If we keep an open mind (I'm told) new things will come.
Now we are better positioned to know our gifts and to make the most of it.

2018 will be a good one for me but not the best. I'm gonna prolong the coming peak for as long as I may.
Fuck. M. Requisciat in pace.
The feels are real.
And Jammy, too. Bismillah.
I confound any of you bastards to see the good we did for ourselves in those years...

The recording of Psalm 8 referred to in the OP was part of an Anglican chant album given to me by one of the gentlest, although most misled, souls I've ever known, and part of the soundtrack of those days. The OP refers to a really deluded part of my life in which I truly believed some transcendence could come from chemicals; as to the beauty of the music &c. there is no doubt but that is the sort of thing thtat an educated honest-to-God person had ought to appreciate eo ipso; adding drugs to the goddamn thing just makes it ours and that has never served us, or art, or anything. Speaking of, YouTube lead me to the next track, and playing that damn shit I remember it was on that same CD, yeah, back when physical media was relevant, that I still had in my player when he got raided by the DEA; that is, Quam delicti (Ps. 84)--forgive me but I can only remember listening to these tracks spun out of my gourd and sitting at a little desk and measuring shit out on a milligram scale. Real motherfucking shit because that was what it was to be a part of our world in those years. How much did our soul long to--

How amiable are thy tabernacles,
O LORD of hosts!
My soul longeth,
Ya, even fainteth
For the courts of the Lord:
My heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

People mightn't understand. I fucked with all the MAPS people and I had VIP tickets to all the festies and I could namedrop left and right but really on the day-to-day it'd be tracks like this. I listened to these with a professor of Music at >prestigious NYC university< c. 2008 who's in prison now whilst we did type drugs and fucked a lot of naive college chicks. Not a humblebrag I wish I hadn't. Naught but misery at the end. That lifestyle. What do we think we'd get that our parents didn't, poking the same bear in the same cage? Lockup, addiction, overdose. And y'all niggaz dead and that shit really hurts. And I really had ought to be; every turn to the goddamn Shrine is to find another friend in a space which by rights belongs to me. But that's for everyone, really. All of us. Spiritually or in body. Type death. What we were doing destroys both, no joke. If I could only turn back time, but then what? Everything that was salient and wonderful about everything that we shared wouldn't have been and maybe life would've been, I dunno, ordinary. We'd be a couple of goddamn Political Science majors, masturbating to CNN and tweeting. Mediocricocuksuckingicity. We came of age after anything really made sense and we relied on drugs to make sense out of the fragments we had. And out of those, precisely zero gives a fuck. Isn't that what we were all afraid of, though? That day I found out that he was in prison, that day that I found out that you (or so many others) had passed, that day that I realized that [REDACTED] for you than for me, the day that I realized that there was no message in drugs whether it was Gregorian chant or a hot '69 show? Die motherfuckers die. I don't even known or understand why. I mourn your lives. I mourn my life. I mourn the scene. I mourn that the scene never was what it even purported to be. Motherfucker fuck.

Drugs do breed a bunch of miserable cocksuckers. A junkie is almost more honest than what we turned out to be, inevitably, because part of that is a certain type of honesty. Running around over bags there's no shame to it because you're beyond that; psychedelic-takers wind up expereience-height junkies with nothing beyond that, which at the end of the day is nothing. Nothing. In death they truly manifest it. Did you, in life? Did we, when we were livining that life? The sad part is when we aren't self-aware. Weren't we the smartest and smarmiest cocksuckers we knew? Ever? Didn't we get money and bitches? Didn't we? Didn't we push the boundaries of consciousness? Didn't we do drugs that nary a dozen other human brains had done? You and I were pretty smart motherfuckers, weren't we? Pretty, too. On some of that real romantic self destructive sex appeal shit; shit, in the 19th century, tuberculosis was romantic as a motherfucker. What are we now, on some half-recycled, half hippie half nigger ass bullshit? Fast lane, fast women, fast money, drugs, all that shit. I beg the opportunity to tell anyone to turn away, stat. Truly. I don't know how to get that message out, though; no, not in this day and age, no...

e2a: Anyone with a comment about mgs & I & anything/anyone we might have had in common get fucked and go away from my PMs, I wish prison and a bad time in prison on the whole of you and third parties don't get off easy either. Honestly fuck off and die unless you want to learn something hard like. There's not a goddamn thing in our fucking world you can understand without pain and guns and knives and cold rain and paranoia and delusion and there's not a goddamn thing that exists in our world that exists apart from these thingss unless you're a sheltered New Age faggot who has the boot of an awakening coming up his ass either from LE or from so-called family.

ps: I'll answer any queries on anything what's not personal. PM me. Nota bene: if you look to drugs for some kind of samadhi or enlightenment or message your values are shit and you are a genuinely dumb and/or deluded person and that should be the beginning of our dialogue: I'm dumb and drug addled and I hope I die. If I had that attitude circa September 14, 2007, who knows what would've happened? (I was sitting in a grad school library and felt like replying to a Bluelight shitpost about a datura...I can tell cause that's my join date....fucking feels. Yessuh I had a more vintage account but fuck off if really that's more of a point of shame than gaining a few internets)

Last edited:
Fuck. Requisciat in pace.
The feels are real.
And Jammy, too. Bismillah.
I confound any of you bastards to see the good we did for ourselves in those years.
Poor MGS never got to find out if the future years would be better... but good to see you around, SKL.

obiter: I didn't realize that this actually wound up being a frontpage Erowid trip report also. Still apparently not enough to get me on a coffee date with spoon circa a decade ago so whatever :sneaky:<3