View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-meo-dmt scraps

eight

Bluelighter
i let my friend eyeball a couple of small doses for me, it felt like i'd been punched in the face, with less psychedelic value.

I really enjoyed 5-MeO-DMT. It's like the crack of psychedelics. The first time I did it was probably the most interesting, just because of the first few seconds. I was taking a huge hit off a 10mg load and thinking "why aren't I feeling this immediately"... then I breathed out. Instantly it was like I'd been thrown through the sound barrier. It was like my whole life flashed before me, only it was too fast to comprehend it.
I spent the next 10 minutes laughing and saying "whoa!"
It was more visual than I had read about as well. Everything just kept shifting really quickly. After 15 minutes I took another 10mgs. It was like the world was shattering around me. My vision broke up into millions of fields and the shifting made it look like falling rain.
I think I used it about 40 times all in all. It's easy to rack up uses because you can do it like once every 15 minutes and it's super cheap.
It's really hard to explain what's going on in your head while you're on it. It almost has more disassociative properties than anything else in a sense. You won't get any profound thoughts, but the experience can easily change your life just as well. I guess the best way to summarize it is that it shatters your reality and you have 15 minutes to put it all back together. When you read about difficulties reintegrating the experiences.. well, when reality shatters and you can't put the pieces of it back together right, then you've got some problems. It's intense.
The shifting visuals I got were not consistent either. Sometimes I did get them, sometimes I didn't. And it wouldn't happen on doses lower than 7mgs, but I never went above 20mg either. The two people I know that tried to get over 20mgs said they blacked out for a few minutes and both said they had to remember to breathe.
5-MeO-DMT was about the only "research" chemical I thought was actually worth the experience. But I would not do it again. It's taxing on your mental health after a while.
Also, a few people I know that tried it only once that had completely horrifying experiences all said afterwards that it was completely worth it either way to experience something so powerful, whether it was good or bad.
[This message has been edited by SovietContin (edited 12 August 2001).]

morninggloryseed...FYI, 5MeoDMT is found in more than one toad species.
No, it's definatly only found in Bufo Alverius(sp?).
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

so we're talking toads now are we? would you believe i am a closet herpetologist?
Bufo alvarius is the Sonoran Desert toad, sometimes called the Colorado River toad. they are 10-20 cm, large bodied, with tough, olive to rust colored skin. they have enlarge white pores called "tubercles" that secrete there unique brand of toxin, which is produced in the two enlarged paratoid glands located behind their eyes. they are found from southern Arizona to southeastern California, and down into Mexico. they are not protected, nor given any CITES listing (this is by no means an endorsement to go hunting, that would be downright stupid, there are a few poisonous toads out there as well, you know.) i have a few pictures of them, but they can't be posted here in pd, so use your imagination.
i'm guessing that's a good bit more information then any of you cared to hear, but hey, you hit on a subject i know well.
------------------
Let us alone. What pleasure can we have
To war with evil? Is there any peace
In ever climbing up the climbing wave?
All things have rest, and ripen towards the grave
In silence- ripen, fall, and cease:
Give us long rest or death, dark death, or dreamful ease.
--Tennyson, The Lotos-Eaters

they are not protected, nor given any CITES listing
Are you sure about this?? My local zoo says differently.
------------------

Saw a documentary on amazon basin indians where they had a yellow toad pegged out by all it's four legs to stress it, then they milked it's venom, burned small patches of skin, applied the venom and then the voiceover said "Within minutes they are in a complete stupor".
Then there was a closeup of an indian tripping.
Must be some other kind of toad used in south america for visions too.

pretty sure mg. i searched CITES (who uses the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre database) and the Red List and didn't find anything. of course some people may have differing opinions about whether or not a species should be protected. and i couldn't find any definate information, or even estimates, of the population size. so you may be right. they do have a somewhat limited distribution though, somewhere in the neighborhood of 160,000 square miles, with about half each in mexico and america. [edit: sorry to anyone who saw "1600," slight mistake there] if anyone can find information regarding the population, i'd be interested to hear it.
[This message has been edited by TABula rasa (edited 27 October 2001).]

PhreeX, are you sure you injected 50mg? That seems an extremely high dose for I.V. I've never heard of above 6mg I.V before.
Also anyone got a good solution for dosing out this stuff without ulra sensitive scales?
Are scales with such sensitivity widely available?

I don't have any experience with 5-MeO-DMT but if it's water soluble you can dissolve a known quantity of it in a known quantity of water and use that to figure out dosages. Say you put 100mg in 500mL of water. Every 5mL contains one milligram, so you pour out 50mL to get 10mg. Just let the water evaporate.

Commercially available 5-MeO-DMT is only sold as a freebase and it is not water-soluble. You must use a solvent.
You can by a cheaper scale and measure out, say a half-gram, and disolve it in 50 ml of alcohol. You can then use a syringe to measure out a dose. 1 ml of solution will contain 10 mg of 5-MeO-DMT.
------------------

i may be running this subject into the ground, but after a lot of e-mailing i got a reliable answer by a man considered an expert on the subject, Jack Fouquette.
B. alvarius is listed as endangered by the New Mexico Dept. of Fish and Game. The species barely enters that state, so they are interested in trying to preserve the species in NM. Likewise, the species barely enters SE California, and in fact may be essentially extinct in that state; however, I am not aware that it is listed by California. But as far as I am aware, there is no protection of the species by either Arizona, US Federal, or Mexico (its range in Mexico is considerably greater than in the US). Nor would I recommend its protection at this time. It is not a species that the occasional herpetologically inclined amateur would see all that often if they just occasionally drove the roads during a storm or whatever. Their distribution is spotty in most areas and they only emerge under the correct environmental conditions. But those herpetologists who are active year-round in Arizona have not reported any noticeable reduction in abundance in its usual haunts. In my opinion, we should be very judicious in listing a species as threatened or endangered. If we start listing every
animal which does not seem quite as common in one particular area during a single year, we will defeat the purpose of protection. When most wildlife becomes protected people will start ignoring that protection. Because of the spotty nature of its distribution, I would regard any estimate of total population size as a wild guess.
so there's a definate answer, and that's all i have to say about that.
[This message has been edited by TABula rasa (edited 02 November 2001).]

Thank you for getting the definate word.
smile.gif

------------------

For anyone seriously interested in DMT, there is a great book on it by Rick Strassman:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0892819278/
very very very interesting. these people had incredible mystical experiences on IV DMT. Generally 0.3 - 0.4 mg/kg was ideal. One of the subjects said "no one is an atheist after a 0.3 dose"
there were contacts with beings, other dimensions, very interesting.
interesting

BTW what is the difference (in the effects) of DMT and 5-MeO-DMT? Is there that BIG of a difference?

www.erowid.org can answer this.
DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are NOTHING alike. I repeat, NOTHING alike.
Do you have a milligram scale Dan? A dose of 5-MeO-DMT is 5 to 10 milligrams ya know. This is a drug that is not very forgiving and it should NEVER be eyeballed.

Also, as far as I am concerned asking strangers on the internet if you should or should not use a drug is another tell-tale sign that the answer to your question is a big NO.
Read all the literature there is to read at www.erowid.org and elsewhere on 5-MeO-DMT and make your own decisions. Educate yourself about what this drug does. Then you can decide if it sounds like it is something you would like. In addition, you wouldn't then need to ask people to make decisions you should be making for yourself.

Last edited:
I have read almost every bit of information on DMT. I even bought a book called DMT: The Spirit Molecule...I read it front and back. I'm very aware of DMT....however my knowledge of 5-MeO-DMT is minimal. I was only asking JUST BECAUSE. I'm not going to rely on everyones opinion, it all comes down to me of course...I'm not dumb or unintelligent. I was just simply asking whether or not purchasing 5-MeO-DMT was worth the money and time. That's it. The information at erowid isn't that clear cut on the differences. I'm gonna have to check out the experience reports.
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: Dan1584 ]

I never said or implied that you were dumb or unintelligent.
All I said, and I feel strongly about it, is that people asking strangers on the net if they should use a drug or not obviously means they are uneducated about it and therefore have no business using it. Go read the experience reports as you just stated you were. Then you will know enough about it to decide if its something you want to try or not.
As for if it is worth the money or not, you are going to get a wide range of answers. Some folks find 5-MeO-DMT to be an extremely frightening experience, and others find it blissful and even spiritual/mystical. There are going to be as many reactions to it as there are people who try it. That is why in the end this decision is one only you can make for yourself.