Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-meo-dmt legality in australia

meowfunction

Bluelighter
i understand that it's uncontrolled in America, but many other countries it is. anyone know about Australias stance?

I think it was legal not long ago, but it is an analog of DMT, so now it would be considered illegal. Theres basically no legal RC's left in Australia.

5-Meo-DMT isn't an analogue of DMT, but anyway its still illegal.

so I suppose 5-meo-dipt and most other rc's are all banned as well, right?

anyone know how long these laws have been in place?

Funnily enough 2C-T-7 still isn't on the TGA banned import list while everything else is, and hasn't specifically been outlawed either, federally or in any states. I wonder why.. Although when consumed, capped or intended for human use it comes across analogue laws.

^ Thats it- but under the analog laws seratonin should be illegal because of its structural similarity to 5-meo-DMT, thats why said its not an analog....so should listerine for having a benzene structure within....stupid law makers. I can guarantee, pretty much everything in PiHKAL and TiHkal is illegal in Australia, even the fucking books themselves.

Yeah my friends Dad, who orders books when he find out they get banned, never got his PIHKAL from amazon.com, nut got every other book, how tight is that.

I bought my copy from Amazon mainly due to the difference in prices. Australian book stores are like, "let's add 100% to the price and see if people still buy it, LOL."

Interetsing splatt, I got TiHKAL recently delivered from amazon; maybe thats not banned? Though i read on sab it is.

The thing is though that certain drugs (and 5-Meo-DMT is one of them) can't be controlled well- anyone with the desire and a bit of knowledge can extract it from the multiude of plant sources. However, unless your a great synthetic chemist, I doubt any analogs will be 'created'. Splatt, do you see many RC's in Aus these days? Besides here and there....

tikhal is not banned; pihkal is.

NSW analogue clause: (analogue clauses vary by state)

Any substance that is an analogue of a drug prescribed in this Schedule, being a substance that has psychotropic properties, is not separately specified in this Schedule and is, in relation to the drug, any of the following:
(a) a structural isomer having the same constituent groups as the drug,
(b) a structural modification obtained in one or more of the following ways:
__(i) the replacement of up to 2 carbocyclic or heterocyclic ring structures with different carbocyclic or heterocyclic ring structures,
__(ii) the addition of hydrogen atoms to 1 or more unsaturated bonds,
__(iii) the addition of 1 or more of the following groups having up to 6 carbon atoms in any alkyl residue, namely, alkoxy, cyclic diether, acyl, acyloxy, monoalkylamino and dialkylamino groups,
__(iv) the addition of 1 or more of the following groups having up to 6 carbon atoms in the group and being attached to oxygen, namely, alkyl, alkenyl and alkynyl groups (for example, ester groups and ether groups),
__(v) the addition of 1 or more of the following groups having up to 6 carbon atoms in the group and being attached to nitrogen, sulphur or carbon, namely, alkyl, alkenyl and alkynyl groups,
__(vi) the addition of 1 or more of the following groups, namely, halogen, hydroxy, nitro and amino groups,
__(vii) the replacement of 1 or more of the groups specified in subparagraphs (iii)-(vi) with 1 or more other groups so specified,
__(viii) the conversion of a carboxyl or an ester group into an amide group.

Our analogue or designer legislation is largely based on a US model that was later changed, meaning ours is possibly the toughest in the world.

Doesnt that mean having a large amount of Nutrasweet means that I may have an analogue of a precursor to a dangerous drug? :)

the_ketaman said:
I think it was legal not long ago, but it is an analog of DMT, so now it would be considered illegal. Theres basically no legal RC's left in Australia.

What is left then?

phase_dancer said:
Our analogue or designer legislation is largely based on a US model that was later changed, meaning ours is possibly the toughest in the world.

NOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Analogues is where the party's at.

phase_dancer said:

Im no expert... but i would tend to agree with phase on this one! :) While analogues may be where its at... they are not available to the general public...
In a perfect world maybe ;)