• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB and MDMA Combo

2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethoxyamphetamine.

Most of the available information on it is in Pihkal:

But what about the crash/rebound - is it similar to just one substance, heavier or even softer?

ex) ... how would you compare the crash/rebound from the combo and after the 1.5-2x duration to just one of the chems or maybe a slightly higher dose of them?

I didn't experience any sort of crash at all, and no 'Tuesday blues' whatsoever.
But I never get bad MDMA comedowns (or any at all) perhaps with help from the tons off supplements that I take.

I think that it's possible for 5-MAPB to have potentially worse crashes/rebounds when redosed too much or with high quantities due to it's longer duration.
I think I still felt it in me for a few days after.

I am concerned more about the potentially adverse cardiotoxic effects.

The crash is overall softer when mixing the two vs using either alone.

It’s because at the right dosages they compliment each other’s weak spots. Even with fairly decent doses of both I’ve never felt effects that indicated to much serotonin activity.

That said I typically keep to 120+40mg MDMA and 20-30mg 5-MAPB.

-GC

The crash is overall softer when mixing the two vs using either alone.

It’s because at the right dosages they compliment each other’s weak spots. Even with fairly decent doses of both I’ve never felt effects that indicated to much serotonin activity.

That said I typically keep to 120+40mg MDMA and 20-30mg 5-MAPB.

-GC

I have a question for you @G_Chem
Have you tried 5-MAPB in conjunction with MehDMA or MediumDMA?
If so, did you find that 5-MAPB improved the experience?
I have a batch of MediumDMA and would like to make use of it for the purposes of conserving my batch of Magic.
Thanks!

I have a question for you @G_Chem
Have you tried 5-MAPB in conjunction with MehDMA or MediumDMA?
If so, did you find that 5-MAPB improved the experience?
I have a batch of MediumDMA and would like to make use of it for the purposes of conserving my batch of Magic.
Thanks!

Hey man,

So my experience with meh-DMA is very limited. I’ve only sourced 2-3 batches over the past 5yrs or so that I’d maybe rate in the meh-DMA category. And whenever I try one it’s usually a one time deal and I move it along to find other stuff.

In the past few years I can only think of 2 meh experiences. In the first, I took a little meth to give it energy but overall still blah. Short lived roll that just didn’t hit the depths I was used to.. No energy, no socialness.

The second, I actually took magic MDMA for the initial dose and ate a half of a imported SoCal G6 press for the booster. I could actually feel that G6 press kill the magic roll to some extent although overall the experience probably was better than if it was all meh. Both my girl and my brother reported the same thing.

IMO if looking at a mid level batch, I think you could stretch it a bit but your walking into somewhat unexplored territory so report back on how it goes. That said, it may happen like it did to me where you negate some of the good from the magic.

Also FasterFB I forgot to follow up with you, you said you lived and ate MDA in Canada in the 70’s. Did you ever hear of “Uncle Toms Pink Sassafras MDA?”

It’s a little side story from back in that time I’ve heard, legends of a man called Uncle Tom that essentially was like the Johnny Appleseed of MDA in the US at that time.

One guy said “There was brown MDA, White MDA, but the best was Toms Pink sassafras MDA. Something about his stuff was different.”

I’ve theorized based on the color of the product and timeline, that Tom was likely using the Leuckart method. Whateve he did people even decades later remember and talk of him.

I wonder if he ever went up that far North?

-GC

IMO if looking at a mid level batch, I think you could stretch it a bit but your walking into somewhat unexplored territory so report back on how it goes. That said, it may happen like it did to me where you negate some of the good from the magic.

Yeah, the mid level batch isn't bad. Just not as good as my magic batch.
The last time that I did the mid level batch, I later sniffed a small boost (25 mg) of the magic and it worked well.

I will try doing 20 mg of 5-MAPB + around 70 mg of the mid level batch initially and see how that goes.
I will report back. This will be in around 3 weeks.

Also FasterFB I forgot to follow up with you, you said you lived and ate MDA in Canada in the 70’s. Did you ever hear of “Uncle Toms Pink Sassafras MDA?”

Lol no, but that's a great name. I was drug naive at the time and wasn't part of any type of "scene".
I was around 15 the first time I did MDA and remember that it was off-white powder, and it made the whole world a whole lot better :)

I honestly wouldn't try to combine them. MehDMA ruins everything I combine it with.

Well the batch isn't MehDMA, but it isn't as good as the magic batch. More mid level as G_Chem puts it.
It has the big pupil dilation and euphoria. I would say it is a bit edgier and the roll doesn't last as long. I think the 5-MAPB might help with that.
I am doing this to try to conserve my magic batch.

P.S. I just got some 5-mapb in for the first time!!! I'm so excited.

Great! Please report back your experience with it when you use it.

@G_Chem

When you do the 5-MAPB+MDMA combo, do you take the initial dose together, or do you take the 5-MAPB first.
The reason I ask is that it seems as though 5-MAPB has a longer onset time.
I think the last time that I did it, the 5-MAPB took 1.5-2 hours to start feeling it.
Thanks!

@G_Chem

When you do the 5-MAPB+MDMA combo, do you take the initial dose together, or do you take the 5-MAPB first.
The reason I ask is that it seems as though 5-MAPB has a longer onset time.
I think the last time that I did it, the 5-MAPB took 1.5-2 hours to start feeling it.
Thanks!

I usually take it an hour before the MDMA, for the reasons you state. I remember my first full on 5-MAPB experience I took ~45mg followed about 45min later with another ~45mg, I could feel each individual dose take about 90-120min to really get fully there. That experience was something else... If I could get back to that night.

I’ve found either take it an hour before and allow the 5-MAPB time to get into your system, of when you’ve completely come down from the MDMA. For the former, it enhances the entire experience and is usually the way to go, the latter is nice to keep the party going and can get one feeling rather nice when taking more MDMA would just be a waste of good drugs.

I’ve tried taking it with the MDMA a few times and while it’s there it feels like the MDMA might block it from getting where it needs to go, I recall feeling like the 5-MAPB didn’t quite hit me.

How pure/strong is your 5-MAPB? What does it look like, how much do you take in a dose, and how long does it last? I’ve found purity matters big time with this one and just like MDMA varies so does this one.

-GC

How pure/strong is your 5-MAPB? What does it look like, how much do you take in a dose, and how long does it last? I’ve found purity matters big time with this one and just like MDMA varies so does this one

Thanks for your reply @G_Chem

I'm not sure what the purity % is. I got it from the NL.
It looks off-white, kind of chunky powdery. Not crystals. Here's a photo:

It's pretty strong. I've only done it once, and took 37 mg (was shooting for 30 mg but oh well) then 50 mg MDMA 2 hrs later, then a 20 mg MDMA booster.
The whole experience (it was great!) lasted at least 7+ hours. I ended up cutting the experience shorter than I wanted to because I needed to go to sleep, so took a couple of mg's of etizolam.

On another note, I found that my heart was beating faster than MDMA would have (I took the 5-MAPB by itself first and noticed this).
How do you find 5-MAPB cardio-wise?
I guess the cardio-toxicity that I've been reading about is the only thing that I'm a bit concerned about regarding the 5-MAPB.
It wasn't bad, but I guess I noticed it because of all that I was reading about it (regarding potential cardio-toxicity).

So my plan next time will be to start with 20 mg 5-MAPB followed by 70 gm of MidLevelDMA (to see if this is a reasonable way to conserve my magic batch).

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply @G_Chem

I'm not sure what the purity % is. I got it from the NL.
It looks off-white, kind of chunky powdery. Not crystals. Here's a photo:

It's pretty strong. I've only done it once, and took 37 mg (was shooting for 30 mg but oh well) then 50 mg MDMA 2 hrs later, then a 20 mg MDMA booster.
The whole experience (it was great!) lasted at least 7+ hours. I ended up cutting the experience shorter than I wanted to because I needed to go to sleep, so took a couple of mg's of etizolam.

On another note, I found that my heart was beating faster than MDMA would have (I took the 5-MAPB by itself first and noticed this).
How do you find 5-MAPB cardio-wise?
I guess the cardio-toxicity that I've been reading about is the only thing that I'm a bit concerned about regarding the 5-MAPB.
It wasn't bad, but I guess I noticed it because of all that I was reading about it (regarding potential cardio-toxicity).

So my plan next time will be to start with 20 mg 5-MAPB followed by 70 gm of MidLevelDMA (to see if this is a reasonable way to conserve my magic batch).

Cheers!

Appreciate your post man and the pic, I can say that’s some pretty good looking stuff. Based on the dosage, experience and visyal appearance of the product. Just wanted to make sure cuz some batches going around years back were garbage and gave this drug a bad name..

As for the heart issues, I literally only felt that the second time I took it. Maybe the first time too, both experiences were 80 and 90mg respectively, from then on I’ve been taking the lower doses often combined with MDMA and never had an issue.

I remember during the first 2 experiences having like odd fluttering palpitations while I was laying down much later into the experience.

This effect is one reason I prefer the mix of both drugs, I don’t get this issue.

I too wondered if all my reading on the potential heart issues created these symptoms in my first experiences combined with the higher dosage.

I’ll say I’ve been taking 5-Mapb for 6 solid years now and have had zero heart issues since those first two experiences, since then doses range from 10-60mg. So it’s very possible those initial effects were psychosomatic.

I’ve also gotten more cardiovascular health since starting, whereas I’ve heard folks who abuse these lose that ability. Compared to the start, my physical and mental health are much better. Not that I attribute it to the peebs but it definitely hasn’t seemed to hurt.

Another thing you should try withthe 5-MAPB, try 20-30mg by itself or with a tiny bit of speed one night while out partying or dancing, this is IMO one of its best uses. If it’s good stuff it can really bring about a decent roll at this dose while still being fairly mellow and allowing one to go about normal life afterwards fairly fine.

It’s a light roll experience yet every bit as satisfying, not like taking methylone or a low dose of MDMA.

5-MAPB has a linear dose response very unlike MDMA’s exponential response that also has an initial hump to get over. Taking half a dose of peebs (what we call it around here lol) feels like half a dose, whereas taking half a dose of MD can be a waste.

-GC

I’ll say I’ve been taking 5-Mapb for 6 solid years now and have had zero heart issues since those first two experiences, since then doses range from 10-60mg. So it’s very possible those initial effects were psychosomatic.

Good to hear. Thanks for that. I'm suspecting the effects that I got were possibly psychosomatic, as I was reading the big 5-MAPB thread and the stories about possible cardiotoxicity.
I agree that taking smaller dosages of 5-MAPB is probably prudent, and big dosages are not required anyways.

I’ve also gotten more cardiovascular health since starting, whereas I’ve heard folks who abuse these lose that ability.

That's great! I haven't really worked out for a few years after moving to the west coast. Probably should start again. I prefer gyms, but they're not good right now with the covid thing going on.

Another thing you should try withthe 5-MAPB, try 20-30mg by itself or with a tiny bit of speed one night while out partying or dancing, this is IMO one of its best uses.

I was thinking about trying that borax combo. I only have 3-FPM right now, but to be honest, I try to stay clear of straight stims.
At my age, I am not really interested in partying and dancing anyways lol. I prefer my comfy home rolls :)

I like the 5-MAPB + MDMA combo. I may flip a psychedelic at some point as I usually candy flip on MDMA.
The next experiment with be just a low dose of 5-MAPB + mediumDMA.

5-MAPB has a linear dose response very unlike MDMA’s exponential response that also has an initial hump to get over. Taking half a dose of peebs (what we call it around here lol) feels like half a dose, whereas taking half a dose of MD can be a waste.

Yeah, that's one of the big pros to 5-MABP as well as the low dosage requirement.
If a take too low a dose of MDMA, I find it to be more annoying than fun lol.

Good to hear. Thanks for that. I'm suspecting the effects that I got were possibly psychosomatic, as I was reading the big 5-MAPB thread and the stories about possible cardiotoxicity.
I agree that taking smaller dosages of 5-MAPB is probably prudent, and big dosages are not required anyways.

That's great! I haven't really worked out for a few years after moving to the west coast. Probably should start again. I prefer gyms, but they're not good right now with the covid thing going on.

I was thinking about trying that borax combo. I only have 3-FPM right now, but to be honest, I try to stay clear of straight stims.
At my age, I am not really interested in partying and dancing anyways lol. I prefer my comfy home rolls :)

I like the 5-MAPB + MDMA combo. I may flip a psychedelic at some point as I usually candy flip on MDMA.
The next experiment with be just a low dose of 5-MAPB + mediumDMA.

Yeah, that's one of the big pros to 5-MABP as well as the low dosage requirement.
If a take too low a dose of MDMA, I find it to be more annoying than fun lol.

Yea that thread freaked me out too lol. I guess my first two doses were larger as well which could have factored in.

Where at roughly west coast? I moved out few years ago as well.

I’ve done a modified “borax” kinda, I took 30mg 5-MAPB, 10mg d-amphetamine, caffeine, maca and half a dose of LSD. Made for an amazing night..

I’ve done 5-Mapb in low doses mixed with LSD to great effect too.

-GC

Where at roughly west coast? I moved out few years ago as well.

I live Greater Vancouver area. It's beautiful out here, and they're pretty lax with drug enforcement lol.
I think MAPS is located here, but not positive.

I’ve done a modified “borax” kinda, I took 30mg 5-MAPB, 10mg d-amphetamine, caffeine, maca and half a dose of LSD. Made for an amazing night..
I’ve done 5-Mapb in low doses mixed with LSD to great effect too.

That sounds interesting. Why the maca?
Yeah LSD is awesome. I'll put 5-MAPB + LSD on the to do list!

So, I said I would report back after my experiment with 5-MAPB with MediumDMA (not meh but not pure magic).

7:00 pm: Dosed 20 mg 5-MAPB orally. Had a meal 2 hours before this.
8:30 pm: 5-MAPB starting to take effect. Dosed 80 mg of Medium orally.
9:00 pm: Peak experience beginning.
9:15 pm: The come-up of the MediumDMA was almost non-existent. It was just a smooth blending of effects transitioning to the peak.
9:30 pm: Full magic effects! Huge pupil dilation and eye wiggles. Full blown euphoria and I'm sitting here with a huge smile!
12:00 am: Feeling a little bit of a decline in the peak. Insufflated 20 mg from my "Magic" batch. Not sure if this dose will do anything.
12:15 am: Wow, back to another peak! The small redose is working amazingly well. Could it be the synergy with the 5-MAPB?
12:30-4:00: Doing bumps of K as I usually do. This is great and am still rolling throughout.
4:00-6:00 am: Decide to start winding it down, so start with 1mg etizolam. Take another 2 mg etizolam during this time period. Asleep by around 6 am I think.

Next day: Feel a nice afterglow. Just a bit sleepy.
2 days: Totally normal, no depression or any ill effects (this is the norm for me).

Conclusion: It seems to me that 5-MAPB synergizes extremely well with even a MediumDMA dose and really strengthens and lengthens the good effects. I had a good solid 6-7 hour experience while only "costing me" 20 mg of my Magic batch.
I am very happy with the results.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing man :)

I really wish more people had access to 5-MAPB, it sounds like it could at least be a temporary answer until this MDMA issue gets sorted out.

-GC

Thanks for sharing man :)

I really wish more people had access to 5-MAPB, it sounds like it could at least be a temporary answer until this MDMA issue gets sorted out.

-GC

No problem!
Thank you for starting this thread. I probably wouldn't have thought of combining 5-MAPB with MDMA otherwise.
It's a great combo and the two complement each other so well :)

Yeah I agree. People having issues with getting good MDMA should give the combo a shot if 5-MAPB is accessible to them.

This is pretty amazing to hear. Whats crazy is how low the dosage of the 5mapb is, but definitely great to hear it helped to get a nice magic peak. I wonder if the 5mapb is helping to fill out where today's mdma is potentially lacking.