• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB and MDMA Combo

I revisited this combo two weeks ago, fine-tuning dosing and timing, and man, I have to say, It blew my mind again! Dosing was as follows:

T-0:00 45mg 5-MAPB (HCL)
T+1:00 145 +++ crystal MDMA
T+2:30 10mg 2cb (HCL) volumetrically dosed.

I will preface this with the modifier that my wife and I are in our mid-forties and only partake solo or as a couple at home or an Airbnb stay. Festivals and groups of people ran their course for us, and in proper Gen X form, avoid people at all costs so we could be as weird as possible in seclusion. @G_Chem had mentioned earlier in this thread that the quality of the material is essential to experience the fullness of this combo, and i could not agree more. I have posted a couple of different attempts at this combo over the years and can absolutely tell the difference when the highest quality ingredients are used, particularly with the peebs.

In the past, I had tried to use some of the mehDMA I was holding onto, and the combo did balance things out to make things more consistent, but I did not notice an increase in potency when combining with meh. It merely extended the meh-ness. In other words, The meh was extended and a joy to experience, but it was not mind-blowing. Additionally, I have to say; I am opposed to the MDMA redose.

For one of my first attempts, I followed G_chem's directions. The experience was great and truly opened my eyes to something that had been missing, but it felt like the something could be more than it was without overdoing it. That said, in my experience with this combo, substituting the redose with a small dose of 2cb, took me places I had never been before, the comedown was completely nonexistent, and the afterglow was insanely good. So good that I couldn't help but wonder when I would crash back to reality and assume my standard more cynical view of the world.

I should state at this point that while I love the immediate effects during the experience itself, my research is more in the integration phase. How can this carry over into my day-to-day life? Can I experience something with the help of substances that makes a lasting impact without leaving me in a place anticipating the next experience? Trading out the redose for the 2cb and playing around with the timing truly gave me that experience this last time. In my almost 30 years of experience with psychedelics, this was the first that gave me the lasting impact on my daily life.

Something to note before we dive in, no prestack supplements were used beyond my normal one-a-day vitamins and a daily dose of 1000mg NAC for 30 days leading up to the experience, stopping three days short of drop time. Personally, I think the NAC has a larger effect on the 2C's than it does with the MDMA. My thought is that cleansing the oxidative stress creates a better environment for the 2cb to operate in the brain. Additionally, no THC until I was very aware I was in the comedown phase. In the past, typically, if I started to feel anxious during the peebs comeup, I would take a hit of a vape. This time I practiced moderation (temperance?) and waited on the weed. I know some love the weed throughout mentality, but I digress. I could tell a significant difference between throughout and at the end of this combo. Its as though the THC dumbs down the experience and you don't get the full deal if you partake too early.

For the experience itself, after dropping the peebs, an average sense of anxiety begins to build within 15 minutes or so. The anxiety mostly surrounds knowing something awesome is about to jump off but not knowing when the fasten seatbelt sign will turn off, allowing us to move freely. It is not scary in any sense, if you have experience. It is more the idea of feeling it begin to work and waiting in anticipation for when it reaches the peak. On that note, the peebs certainly take longer to hit the "holy shit, this is awesome phase." After doing the combo multiple times, it is more knowing that I wont begin to hit the part I am looking forward to until I drop the M. That hour long period can feel tedious, particularly if it is a solo roll and you are left to your own devises.

It is almost instantaneous when you drop the M at the one-hour mark. As I stated in an earlier post, within a few minutes of taking the MDMA, it's like you are overcome with the feeling of wanting to breathe deeply, slowly pacing through the living room, waving air into your face as it starts to overtake you. I have noticed this portion last significantly longer on the combo than it does with either taken alone.

In the past, each does was taken an hour apart. This time, assumedly because higher doses were taken, it was too overwhelming (though never fearful) to take the 2cb at the one-hour mark. I waited until the 90-minute mark, and man... it was a completely different experience doing it that short time later. I believe the moe mellow effects of the peebs, lasting longer than the M, held with the general vibe of a low dose 2cb, brought about this mystical ethereal experience where even as I laid down to go to sleep, my whole body vibrated with euphoria, comfortable to simply lay there humming over and over with pleasure and peace.

I took the first hit of an indica vape pen maybe 30 minutes before we moved to the bedroom to just lay there and space out. at T+7:00, I was laying in bed, staring at a black light saying, "I can see every particle and molecule in the air we breathe. We are so connected to the elements. Can you feel it? Do you see it? the visuals from the 2cb were not overwhelming at all. Quite the opposite. It was as though I was seeing all the minute, minuscule things in the house that I had never noticed before, so much so that it felt like I could see the air I was breathing. At the end of the night, the only supplements taken were, Edelberry (a stronger antioxidant than Vit-C) and R-ALA.

With the M redose, I was much more wired than I wanted to be toward the end of the night. Switching that out with the 2cb created an almost unnoticeable glide back to reality, but I did not experience that reality until I woke up the next day. All-in-all, the expereince lasted a solid 7-8 hours, with very noticeable effects, before I fell asleep. 10/10 would recommend!!

I know this may deviate some from the forum, but I am going to ask anyway. I will be partaking of my first mescaline experience via homemade tea from a Bridgesii Cacti (Sals Blues). I have heard people say, "It's like MDMA but not." or, "it's a more chill natural MDMA euphoria." I am interested to hear from people that have tried this combo or the peebs alone; how does that compare to a mescaline tea? @G_Chem I am particularly interested in hearing your experience, contrasting the two, as I have read and reread many of your reports on mescaline. What are the biggest differences I will notice aside from the length of the experience and come-up time?

I’m at work right now but beautifully written report my man :) this really drives me to want to try 2CB with this combo. I’ve done plenty of other psychedelics and agree that carry over into normal reality (a trait I also seek in my experiences) is majorly enhanced with a psychedelic is thrown into the mix. Hoping to finally get my hands on some 2CB soon 🙏🏻

What you’ve read regarding Mescaline is fairly accurate, by itself don’t expect quite the same euphoric push but what it lacks there it more than makes up for with a self loving introspection and afterglow that cannot be rivaled. In fact, Mescsline hands down has the longest afterglow making it the best IMO for integrating what you’ve learned into normal life.

Bridgesii though is its own beast. It can vary alot more than Pedros can in effect. Bridgesii can give that universal love, but it can also sometimes be a rough go with harsher lessons. Also expect more stimulation compared to Pedros (or what you’ve read of them).

I’d say if comparing a standard Mesc trip to this combo. Mescaline has an overall much longer duration, often the peak with hit about 4hrs in. It’s like a 3hr comeup that hits the peak and then immediately slowly drops off. There’s no long extended peak, the graph would look like a triangle of sorts if you get what I mean. Whereas this combo is much more of a sustained peak.

Expect more visuals, on lighter doses more blurring with slight movements. It doesn’t really get trippy until a decent dose is taken. But once it does, it’s like MDA where you see shit that ain’t there.

Mescaline feels very much like a natural MDA, but without any nastiness on the back end. Very clean on the brain and body.

Obviously try the Mesc alone first couple times but these days I mix it with MDMA a lot and really love the combo. Even by itself tho, it’s lovely material. Hope your trip on the tea soon goes well for ya 🙏🏻

-GC

I’m at work right now but beautifully written report my man :) this really drives me to want to try 2CB with this combo. I’ve done plenty of other psychedelics and agree that carry over into normal reality (a trait I also seek in my experiences) is majorly enhanced with a psychedelic is thrown into the mix. Hoping to finally get my hands on some 2CB soon 🙏🏻

What you’ve read regarding Mescaline is fairly accurate, by itself don’t expect quite the same euphoric push but what it lacks there it more than makes up for with a self loving introspection and afterglow that cannot be rivaled. In fact, Mescsline hands down has the longest afterglow making it the best IMO for integrating what you’ve learned into normal life.

Bridgesii though is its own beast. It can vary alot more than Pedros can in effect. Bridgesii can give that universal love, but it can also sometimes be a rough go with harsher lessons. Also expect more stimulation compared to Pedros (or what you’ve read of them).

I’d say if comparing a standard Mesc trip to this combo. Mescaline has an overall much longer duration, often the peak with hit about 4hrs in. It’s like a 3hr comeup that hits the peak and then immediately slowly drops off. There’s no long extended peak, the graph would look like a triangle of sorts if you get what I mean. Whereas this combo is much more of a sustained peak.

Expect more visuals, on lighter doses more blurring with slight movements. It doesn’t really get trippy until a decent dose is taken. But once it does, it’s like MDA where you see shit that ain’t there.

Mescaline feels very much like a natural MDA, but without any nastiness on the back end. Very clean on the brain and body.

Obviously try the Mesc alone first couple times but these days I mix it with MDMA a lot and really love the combo. Even by itself tho, it’s lovely material. Hope your trip on the tea soon goes well for ya 🙏🏻

-GC
Thanks for the tips! I'm wondering if Zofran will help with any of the nausea on the Mesc. I have had great success taking a Zofran when I start to feel queezy on the peebs. With that, I think the help is more from the action on the 5-HT3 receptor. I am assuming with the mesc that the nausea is more from ingesting plant matter over a quick serotonin dump that makes you want to puke.

I am a notorious puker, and have super sensitive gag reflexes. With the M and the peebs, I tried everything people seem to swear by, e.g., ginger, tums, spearmint... None of which seemed to help. With the Zofran, I can feel it begin to subside nausea within a couple of minutes after it dissolves under the tongue. Again, I'm pretty sure it's because of the action on 5-HT3. Any idea if that would help with tea nausea, or is it more from the plant matter than serotonin activity in the gut?

Thanks for the tips! I'm wondering if Zofran will help with any of the nausea on the Mesc. I have had great success taking a Zofran when I start to feel queezy on the peebs. With that, I think the help is more from the action on the 5-HT3 receptor. I am assuming with the mesc that the nausea is more from ingesting plant matter over a quick serotonin dump that makes you want to puke.

I am a notorious puker, and have super sensitive gag reflexes. With the M and the peebs, I tried everything people seem to swear by, e.g., ginger, tums, spearmint... None of which seemed to help. With the Zofran, I can feel it begin to subside nausea within a couple of minutes after it dissolves under the tongue. Again, I'm pretty sure it's because of the action on 5-HT3. Any idea if that would help with tea nausea, or is it more from the plant matter than serotonin activity in the gut?

I’m the same way. When I roll it’s like at least a 50-70% chance I’ll puke on the comeup. Doesn’t even bother me anymore. This last time I puked and immediately went and started hitting on some girl like it never happened. Surprisingly she didn’t mind lol. It’s just a part of the experience for me.

In regards to Mesc it can vary. Some people get nauseous from the tea. I personally get more nausea from purified alkaloids. But it just depends.. My crude extract method definitely tastes like shit still but is pure enough where once it’s down usually the stomach settles quick.

I’ve only puked from Mesc maybe 2-3 times total if that..

-GC

I tried this combo and it was hands down top 5 experiences—thank you, GC, for the guidance! It was a seamless and wonderfully gentle but profound experience, especially with a little ketamine on the back end. Overall 12 hours of amazingness. Question: has anyone tried this with 6-apb instead of peebs? Thank you!

Last edited:
Had to report in after trying this combo last night.

Preload for 5 days prior with 5-HTP, Piracetam, transdermal DHEA

T - ~1.2g P.Cubensis Ecuador Mushrooms
T + 1.5hr - 25mg 5-MAPB HCL
T + 2.5hr - 80mg MDMA
T + 4.5hr - 44mg MDMA
T + 7.5hr < 10mg MDMA (insufflated)
+ Good herb and N2O throughout the evening, starting after the 1st dose of MDMA really kicked in.

Wow. Incredible synergy between these compounds. We often prefix a roll with small dose of mushrooms, it lends a bit more depth to the experience and a 'tryptamine sheen' to the visuals and mental introspection. Worked like a charm with this experience as well. In fact, that small dose of mushrooms and 25mg 5-MAPB would probably make for a very nice, low impact chill evening at home.

Once the MDMA kicked in though, it brought the experience to an incredible new level. Definitely *way* stronger than just 80mg of MDMA. There was also this 'blissful peace' vibe throughout the trip - that is something I've noticed with both 5-MAPB and 6-APB at moderate doses and when it hit I was reminded of the times I've experienced it before. The 2nd 44mg dose really filled out the experience and brought in phenomenal waves of warmth and happiness.

I will say that this experience didn't have so much of that incredible 'rush of euphoria' I've felt on MDMA before, but I attribute that to the low starting dose of 80mg. I've tried 80mg from this same batch of MDMA and this experience blew that straight out of the water. The first time combining these drugs, I wanted to err on the side of caution but even at these lower doses it was flat out amazing. My buddy and I looked at each other at one point and commented that this was "A straight up Super Roll' and that's exactly what it felt like. Great visuals, great buzz, barely any negative side effects. I felt a bit of anxiety on the come up of the 1st hit of MDMA, but that's also par for the course for me when experimenting with something new. Hits of N2O led to this amazing fuzzed out happy space that I've never quite felt before, the 5-MAPB had it's own signature on this trip that as others have mentioned, made it very special.

We started the experience at 8PM and called it a night right around 5AM. The peak lasted a solid 4+ hours and then dropped off pretty fast with nearly zero come down. Just flat out amazing trippy roll and then ready for sleep, and I even slept well. I will say that the time dilation was pretty intense - that 4 hour peak seemed to fly right by - and then a short, blissful come down.

Writing this report the next day, and I just have a really nice afterglow and barely feel chewed up at all. Even went out for a run and when the cold air hit my skin and the music hit my headphones it was like I was back in roll city for a bit.

Previous experiences with this batch of 5-MAPB were at 25 and 50mg. The 50mg trip was combined with a bit of d-amphetamine and 5-MEO-MIPT in an attempt to explore the 'borax combo' and it certainly did what it was supposed to do. I am even more intrigued by 5-MAPB after this trip and will certainly be exploring this compound more in the future.

This has me thinking - I wonder how a low dose of 5-MAPB would combine with Methylone? It would seem the serotonin activity of the 5-MAPB and heavier dopamine release from the M1 could synergize very well, potentially really filling out and extending the M1 roll. I can't really find any info on this combination, and I think I may baby-step into this idea after a couple months break. I've always been a big fan of pure M1, the 'lighter' roll with a bit more of that dopamine rush always treated me very well, and it synergizes with mushrooms and N2O beautifully.

Big shout out to G_Chem for bringing this to our attention. I'd been reading over this thread for months and finally had a chance to give it a try, and was completely blown away.

-Mezza

Last edited: