• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-htp?

The amount of tryptophan in milk, bananas and turkey is fairly negligible - I remember reading about the kilos of turkey you'd need to eat to get an effect. HOWEVER, eating on the comedown is always a good thing and I'd say much of the "feeling better" effect is from all the other good vitamins to be found in food :)

VelocideX said:
How could there be a new product out of the same drug? 5-HTP is 5-HTP is 5-HTP. It doesn't change from year to year.

If you're after a source, a quick perusal of google will find some rather cheap ones. As has been said, put through a money order if you have no credit card.

I agree that not everyone has a lot of times these days, but I think that its much more time efficient for you to search through previous threads where all the answers exist rather than waiting for a few days for the replies to slowly trickle in to this one...

There is similar product to 5-htp. Serrotain...

Maybe true about the whole Turkey thing. But, I'm also sure I recently read in a post that roughly about 1 litre of Milk is about sufficient enough to release Tryptophan>5-HTP>Serotonin in significant amounts.
I'd say the Bananas would definately potentiate the whole efficacy of the Milk. But... then, that's only just through personal speculation.

Basically, it's just a good idea to make sure you are well nourished with healthy foods and are replacing those necessary vitamins and stuff you have lost from usually being "over-exerted" after a big night.

Look after yourself and you should be alright. :)

The_Great_Refusal said:
There is similar product to 5-htp. Serrotain...

I believe you are referring to serotonin. Which you cannot buy. 5htp is the precursor to serotonin. I.e. you take your 5htp tablets and serotonin is produced.

thanks for all the replies and it looks like this thread opened the door for a few other people to ask their own questions...

milk and bananas sounds good, i saw a guy eatin a banana in a club once and i asked him why and he said it was good for ya mannnnnn but now i know his real reasons

k, im going for a milo

Milk, bannanas and turkey contain such small amounts of tryptophan the conversion to serotonin is almost nil unless you eat kilograms or many litres of milk. All of this has been covered before and would have been realised quickly if you searched.

you shouldnt have to do hours of research on these forums before you post. if the topic is about something that may have been covered then its yours choice to either not read it at all, or to reply to the author.

but thanks for your info and advice i appreciate it

It's good etiquette to avail yourself of the search function before blazing away with your own question. It may have been covered before in grand detail and if so you'll be able to find volumes of quality information located nearby. In this case, asking the same question again risks wasting peoples time, and receiving snippets of half-remembered or 'mostly' accurate information, Chinese-whipers style. Just search for the information before you post to make sure that you're not going over FAQ material is all we ask.

BigTrancer :)

BT where u been. havent seen ya controling these parts for a while

Fry-d- said:
I believe you are referring to serotonin. Which you cannot buy. 5htp is the precursor to serotonin. I.e. you take your 5htp tablets and serotonin is produced.

no sir, I meant 'serotain' ... here is a link to the product.

BigTrancer said:
It's good etiquette to avail yourself of the search function before blazing away with your own question. It may have been covered before in grand detail and if so you'll be able to find volumes of quality information located nearby. In this case, asking the same question again risks wasting peoples time, and receiving snippets of half-remembered or 'mostly' accurate information, Chinese-whipers style. Just search for the information before you post to make sure that you're not going over FAQ material is all we ask.

BigTrancer :)

if everyone always used the search function before posting a question, eventualy there will be no new posts. In terms of harm reduction, new people coming to this site may miss vital info. Its good to have health advisery related questions on the front of the forum. Let them ask, send them link, if you know it exists already.

if everyone always used the search function before posting a question, eventualy there will be no new posts. In terms of harm reduction, new people coming to this site may miss vital info. Its good to have health advisery related questions on the front of the forum. Let them ask, send them link, if you know it exists already.
Uh, no... if everyone used the search function there would be no redundant posts. New things are being learned about drugs all the time and it's hard to find real, useful and relevant information among all the repetition. The FAQs are located on the front page and easy to find.

This board has been serving as a highly effective resource for many years and frankly, I think it's rather rude of you to waltz in and suggest you know a better way to do things in the name of "harm reduction".

Also, there's an entire forum devoted to Health Q&A, named (obscurely enough), Health Q&A

aunty establishment said:
Uh, no... if everyone used the search function there would be no redundant posts. New things are being learned about drugs all the time and it's hard to find real, useful and relevant information among all the repetition. The FAQs are located on the front page and easy to find.

This board has been serving as a highly effective resource for many years and frankly, I think it's rather rude of you to waltz in and suggest you know a better way to do things in the name of "harm reduction".

Also, there's an entire forum devoted to Health Q&A, named (obscurely enough), Health Q&A

sorry, i just honestly feel that peoples health and urgency is more important than "wasting" peoples time.

If you're stupid enough to do something that endangers your health and too lazy to research it first, you deserve the consequences IMO. As I've already said, the answers this guy was after were plastered on the front page in a huge link. I mean, really.

In any case, this thread is about 5-htp, and not taking 5-htp for the few hours it takes to read up on it won't have any severe health detriment. If people's health was so important to you, you could have taken the time to scroll down the page you linked to and read that the only active ingredient was 5-htp. I agree with you that people's health is important, that's why I post what I know on here, after making sure that I have half a clue what I'm talking about.

I'm not going to discuss this any more, as you'll find that offtopic posts are usually removed.

reward said:
thanks for all the replies and it looks like this thread opened the door for a few other people to ask their own questions...

milk and bananas sounds good, i saw a guy eatin a banana in a club once and i asked him why and he said it was good for ya mannnnnn but now i know his real reasons

k, im going for a milo

Haha, that's the funniest thing I've heard, guy eating a banana in a club! Imagine getting frisked by cops and finding bananas in your phatties, hehe. I might do the same just to see people's reactions.

I'm not sure how much Tryptophan is in your typical banana & turkey nor how effective they are but I make it a habit to eat them regularly anyway, I reckon they taste grouse so it's a win-win situation.

^^ haha, reminds me of the scene in This Is Spinal Tap when the bass player is walking through the airport metal detector and they scan him and the scanner starts beeping madly at his crotch. He then proceeds to remove a cucumber wrapped in alfoil from his pants. I was in stitches.

The Big Roll:

Week or so before: LOTS of bananas, yoghurt, milk, potatoes, chicken, B vitamins and such like.
Same day: BIG breakfast of ^^, light lunch of soemthing low tryptophan, snack for dinner, stomach empty at least 4 hours before.

1 hour before: 100mg 5-HTP (possibly some piperazines too)
Drop bikkiez wiff 50 mg 5-HTP
50 mg 5HTP every hour or so thereafter
100mg when I feel a comedown and continue this.

Now: I have never taken 5-HTP before and pill about once a month. I would LOVE any input into this...I realise a lot is covered in other threads but people learn things all the time and the most up to date information via personal experience in a thread that is current would be MOST appreciated.

Issues Im really interested in are:

Should I have my stomach totally empty before drop? (Im prolly gonna use some TUM's to clear out the acid too)

To what extent will Tryptophan's presence in my stomach inhibit the absorption of 5-HTP? (I gather that the same transporter molecule is used for both and gives considerable priority to tryptophan)

How long beforehand do I have to stop eating tryptophan rich foods to ensure that my stomach has nothign that will inhibit the transportation of 5-HTP to be converted?

I assume the amounts of 5-HTP vary by weight and chemistry, but many peopel give different amounts...Im a little concerned that taking 5-HTP as I go will severely reduce my ability to bring myself back up when it runs down...is this the case?

Finally, I'd love if somebody could link me to a fairly comprehensive list of foods that are going to increase my Serotonin levels over time :p

I got about 10 days to go and would REALLY appreciate help making my night perfect...

thanks a lot!!