• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 5-htp for temporary serotonin boost after not doing a serotonin releaser for quite some time

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Having to take a poop, in the mountains then lying down on the earth, waiting, then walking through the mountain keeping great pace, Thats the last time I took a serotonin releaser, its been eight months

Ive recently took 5-htp, usually 50 mgs, and tried 100 mgs last night, and wow, life seems more pleasant

Now, I know some people say thats a small dose, it works well for me.

Lets get down to the science

5-htp supports to brain to release a very slightly small amount of serotonin. Logically, if a person uses 5-htp frequently and at higher doses, then when a person does roll, the serotonin used up during 5-htp..well, that means less serotonin for a roll

I have to say 5-htp feels pretty good, and since I haven't rolled in eight months, its a nice serotonin feeling

*this may not work for you, I have always been quite sensitive to 5-htp. The first time I used it in 2003, I remember how I felt

I know, this isnt a drug, its a supplement, I feel this has improved my outlook on life, which improved my health

5-HTP doesn't stimulate the brain to release any serotonin, rather, it is the direct precursor to serotonin, which skips the rate-limiting step (L-tryptophan gets converted to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), which gets converted into serotonin), which means 5-HTP allows your body to produce more serotonin.

That said, it really has a good effect for some people, especially if your serotonin system is out of whack because of serotonin releaser abuse.

You cannot take it for more than 5 days without totally throwing off your dopamine. For best results you need to take a dopamine supplement as well, otherwise it will start to make things really lousy for you. But when I need a little but pickmeup emotionally, this often does the trick. The next day I’m always in a decent mood and feeling as if hey it’s not so bad. Just be careful taking to much.