Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-HTP brands

NFI

Bluelighter
Just got my 5htp from club natural

I ordered over the internet 3 bottles of 5htp.

They arrived today in the mail, but there is one problem.

I got 3 bottles being 60 in each.

I recieved 1 bottle with 120 small caps ( 100 mg's of 5htp ) and i got another bottle with 60 large caps ( 100 mg's of 5htp ).

How come i got one bottle with small caps and one with large caps, and i don't understand how they could have 100 mg's in a large cap and the same in a smaller cap.

Would anyone be able to tell me why this is ??

Are they the same brand?

My clubnatural order was all 100mg caps, but i'm pretty sure a cap hold a lot more than 100mg's, am i wrong in saying this?

So my assumption is that since the caps are full, that a lot of what's in them is just a preservative or something. Regardless of anything you have nothing to worry about, they are a reputable company, and probably just ran out of stock, or perhaps it's to do with import restrictions. Either way it's all good.

They're probably just different brands, and they were finishing one lot before starting to distribute larger quantity bottle. You ordered 180 caps of 100mg each and that's what was delivered so you're fine.

The caps are ALWAYS full, never partially empty. Each capsule will hold in the range 350-500mg of powder, which contains extract of griffonia simplicifolia (a plant) which is *equivalent* to 100mg 5-HTP, plus some dessicants to make sure that the caps don't melt with moisture etc. The side of the bottle will tell you what inert excipients are contained.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
I obtain mine from VitaminResearch in the USA they is 150mg of 5HTP, 100mg of magnesium and 465mg of malic acid in each capsule.

5HTP for the seretonin replenishment, the magnisium is great for the jaw grinding but only if you are a preloader, not too sure what the malic acid is good for, it is the principal acid found in apples and many other fruits and vegetables, maybe its just healthy shit.

(if your reading Psychadelic_Paisly you can purchase online from www.vrp.com the product code is 576.7)

I got some from clubnatural the other week, they were quite normal size caps (definetly not small). I only ordered 60 (1 bottled jar) of 100mg 5htp to try out first. Came to me in about 12 days, was pretty impressed.

I'm guessing you got the smaller caps cause they were short on stock. If I were you I would just email them and see what they have to say.

Nah, don't stress about the bottles or cap sizes. Club natural just does that to save on postage and it also makes it easier to get through customs.

I ordered 2 60-capsule bottles not long ago and I recieved an e-mail asking if they could send me 1 bottle with 120 capsules instead. They said there wasn't any difference.

My caps are small too, but still 100mg each and the brand is Rest Factor. So yeh, I wouldn't worry.

Hey People

Thanks for your advice.

They do come in the same looking bottles, the only difference is that one of the bottles is glass and the other is plastic, same label.
And the ones i got is the rest factor ones.

So i should not worry about it.

I did not want to get the thought in my head that the 5htp i was taking after a night out was not working because they were not 5htp.

Nope. You're fine - I'll admit the last 13-15 bottles of 5-HTP I've got have been Rest Factor, they seem to work great!

BigTrancer :)

NFI said:
I did not want to get the thought in my head that the 5htp i was taking after a night out was not working because they were not 5htp.
If you aren't sure whether they are 5-HTP or not, then that's a good way to objectively find out whether 5-HTP does anything at all for you. You won't have any preconceived ideas of how you should be feeling.

Last edited:
i've been ordering off Club Natural for a while now and they seem to change the packaging fairly reguarly. I've had rest factor with glass & plastic containers and with 60 or 120 caps inside. One thing i've also noticed on my most recent order that the gel cap seems to be a little smaller than usual. Anyway they are a pretty reliable company, i've only had one problem out of about 8 or 9 orders and they got another one out to me eventually.

Thank you for your order, we are currently out of our 60 Capsule 5HTP, however, we have our 120 Capsules in stock.We will ship 2 Bottle of our 120 Capsules, same as 4 Bottles of our 60 Capsules. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail or call me.

Reply from club natural regarding my latest order.

Nothing to worry about guys, they're just out of stock :)

very quick 5-htp question for the people that DO buy it

ok ive just spent like 3 hours or something reading all the past
threads, ive got some useful sites because of it aswell

all i really want to ask is for people who are in australia
to tell me what site they buy from cause i found that the delivery
prices on all the sites i looked into vary heaps..

and if you could tell me what brand 5htp you found was good, i was thinking of just going for the cheapest but thought maybe you guys could prevent me from buying something thats rubbish

thanks in advance

5htp quality wont vary from brand to brand, the dose will. with most brands there are 2-3 different strengths. 50-100mg is the common dosage however the strongest one i found was 200mg x 60 capsules for $60. this was the best value i found but i cant remember the brand name or distributer sorry =P just google search and check all the sites u come across and see wat u can dig up

I got mine from NZ cost me $29 for 30 + shipping.

I have noticed a difference.. instead of being fogged up for 4 days usually just 1

is that from http://www.healthy.co.nz/ ?
because they only offer 50mg capsules

i was after roughly 100/100mg capsules

was shipping from newzealand to aus really cheap?
cause one site quoted me $40 shipping

There is a thread somewhere about 5-htp prices and whatnot.

For the record, I use American Nutrition, postage is about $8.95 US on two bottles of 120/100mg caps. Total price about $50 AU for 240 caps. Cheapest I've found, but delivery takes about 2-3 weeks.

thanks heaps your a legend
after searching afew sites
the best prices i found was
clubnatural.com

they were selling 60x100mg caps for US$14
with delivery US$22

AUS$50 for 240/100mg kills AUS$30 for 60/100mg

thanks i'll check the site out