Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-CL-DMT

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
I've found this one in my meandering through the webs, thought I'd make a thread for it as I don't see one in the index. I am interested in trying potentially, don't have any in my hands though. Would love to hear if anyone has tried it. I will copy/paste a write up I found about it.

Iupac name: 2-(5-chloro-1H-indol-3-yl)-N,N-dimethylethan-1-amine

Synonyms: 5-CL-N,N-dimethyltryptamine

Chemical Formula: C12H15ClN2 Molecular Weight: 222.72

5-CL-DMT (5-cl-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) is a psychedelic chlorinated indole alkaloid found in the sponges Smenospongia aurea and Smenospongia echina, as well as in Verongula rigida (0.00142% dry weight) alongside 5,6-Dichloro-DMT (0.35% dry weight) and seven other alkaloids. It is the 5-chlorine derivative of DMT, a psychedelic found in many plants and animals. Animal studies on 5-CL-DMT showed that it produces effects suggestive of sedative and antidepressant activity and caused significant reduction of locomotor activity in the rodent FST model. 5-CL-DMT was reported to be psychoactive at 20–50 mg via vaporization with mild psychedelic-like activity.

Last edited:
It's been available for a while, together with 5-Br-DMT, I recall people saying that they were very similar to each other, that's all I know, don't have any.

Can you lick a sponge to get high?
Haven't tried yet but hey, high is high, why not try?

It's been available for a while, together with 5-Br-DMT, I recall people saying that they were very similar to each other, that's all I know, don't have any.
Yeah I've seen it around, but was hoping that at least someone would have tried it by now. Oh well, maybe I'll be the guinea pig.

Haven't tried yet but hey, high is high, why not try?

Yeah I've seen it around, but was hoping that at least someone would have tried it by now. Oh well, maybe I'll be the guinea pig.
Also people are worried about getting mislabeled chemicals. Which has happened before. In general it's believed that China has less oversight in regards to safety. I have ordered phenethylamines, tryptamines, dissociatives, and stimulants from there and I haven't had a problem.

But I digress.

Last edited:
It's crazy that nobody has tried this honestly, or nobody has reported on it, maybe on some other private forums? Been out for over a year so...

Good luck researching anyway, you likely know how to go about it :)

It's crazy that nobody has tried this honestly, or nobody has reported on it, maybe on some other private forums? Been out for over a year so...

Good luck researching anyway, you likely know how to go about it :)
Whoops I mixed up the threads lol. 2. 2 people I've seen on BL that's tried 5brdmt.

One was a 20mg eyeballed vaporized dose that was smooth but lackluster.

I will def take the dive if I get it.

I sniffed about 100mgs of 5-Br-DMT while I was already on BOD, 3C-E, 2C-E and Mushrooms for a couple days. It was deff active and the visuals kicked up a notch for a couple hours directly after. Regret not trying it on its own and writing up a formal report. If I ever get some more I will try vaping it and is probably give this 5-CL-DMT a go also being the adventurous guy I am...

PsychedSubstance did a video on 5-Br.DMT, it was active but not very impressive.

Yes I saw that and I believe he was speaking about me and my "report" when he spoke about a person who mixed it with bunch of stuff, lol. I don't think either of these are gonna be to mindblowing, certainly not in the realm of DMT Freebase no matter what your dosing. Like I said it was active for certain but I probably wouldn't seek it out again with so many other things on my list.