• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Bromo-DMT Thread

5-Br-DMT isn't made from DMT. It starts with 4-bromophenylhydrazine or 5-Bromoindole.
The DMT molecule is constructed with the 5-Br already incorporated into it.

I like the term Sea DMT. lol So nobody wants to investigate and take a big rip of this stuff? I imagine visuals of sea horses and starfish along with whale song. :) My first DMT rip years back I had been just reading about arctic dolphins and when I took the rip I could swear I coiuld hear that language as the carrier wave. Probably the power of suggestion.

But this one is a mystery and it could be nothing at all to a wonderful new tool. But I understand the balls it would take to load up 20 mgs and hit it. Much respect to that
first person that does. Maybe 5 years from now there will be reports.

I thought Vice or some other place published a couple trip reports on the Bromo... ? China is offering kilos of both of these... surely some people must have tried it ... I find it weird nobody has yet. Also weird there's so few reports on 4-pro-dmt too

I thought Vice or some other place published a couple trip reports on the Bromo... ? China is offering kilos of both of these... surely some people must have tried it ... I find it weird nobody has yet. Also weird there's so few reports on 4-pro-dmt too
I read the Vice article, where I got the term "Sea-DMT" from. Only one real experience report is cited in it.

I'm not surprised others haven't tried it yet. It's very novel, and in its natural state, the sponges use it to deter parasites... sounds odd. Though the same could be said for bufotenine. It's just a matter of time before some people trial it, but I don't want to be one of the first personally.

Last edited:
Right behind you buddy, waiting for some brave soul to lead the way. It is a "natural tryptamine", but that doesn't really mean anything in terms of its safety. Also, I like to have some kind of an idea of what I'm getting into before entering an unknown psychedelic realm. One questionable report claimed it was sedating and a bit lackluster in the visual department, but who knows? Mr. Gravy has a gram aye? I don't blame you for putting it on the back burner.

I'm not surprised others haven't tried it yet. It's very novel, and in its natural state, the sponges use it to deter parasites... sounds odd. Though the same could be said for bufotenine.

I have some bufotenine to experiment with sometime actually, though not this. I'm always fascinated by any natural psychedelic compounds. Especially ones so close to neurotransmitters (5-HO-DMT, and this, they're awfully close to serotonin, as is 5-MeO-DMT)

I have some bufotenine to experiment with sometime actually, though not this. I'm always fascinated by any natural psychedelic compounds. Especially ones so close to neurotransmitters (5-HO-DMT, and this, they're awfully close to serotonin, as is 5-MeO-DMT)
Oooh always thought bufotenine sounded interesting, bit jealous. Though i suppose I have many things I'm jealous of in your repertoire >.>

Anyone trial this yet? I completely forgot I have a gram of it till I saw this thread come back up.

Crazy you got some of this, I'm really curious, it's one I do not have. But also not really too keen on trying relatively untested halogenated compounds where the halogen is on a different position than usual.

Crazy you got some of this, I'm really curious, it's one I do not have. But also not really too keen on trying relatively untested halogenated compounds where the halogen is on a different position than usual.
It just sorta fell in my lap, didn't want any but it was given to me. With it being available these past 6-8 months or so, I thought some peeps would try it by now. I feel like a gram is a lot... may just sit in my collection untouched till I die lol.

If its anything like 5-meo-dmt I'm gonna sit this one out. I've had many bad/difficult trips, but my accidental 5-meo-dmt overdose caused some serious trauma (set my sails a bit too far out) , so hopefully this sea creature is a bit more gentle and forgiving.

How much 5-MeO-DMT did you accidentally take? Sounds like a pretty intense one to overdose on. :oops:

You think sniffing some 5-Br-DMT would be a sufficient means of administering the drug if you didn't wanna vape it?

Pretty sure that is how I'd go about it...would do allergy test at first of course but after that insuffilate 10mgs first trial 25mgs second then 50mgs and so on looking for activity. 5-MeO-DMT and DMT can be consumed intranasally is there any reason this one couldn't be?

Last edited:
How much 5-MeO-DMT did you accidentally take? Sounds like a pretty intense one to overdose on. :oops:

Mind you this was 10 years ago so I was an arrogant 19 year old that thought he was some enlightened shaman and Terence Mckenna all rolled into one. I got a brilliant idea to do some 5-meo-dmt whilst peaking on 25mg of 2c-e to achieve a state "ego death" cause I was such a tough badass. I probably insufflated 40mg+ or so and I knew within seconds I was fucked and then utter hell ensued. I recall running out of my room as it was all coming on (The body load was like weight of the world imploding) towards the kitchen where my little brother was, screaming I'm dying and I'm dying. At that point I went completely catatonic and according to my brother I was speaking in tongues, hiding under tables and then standing up knocking them over. I Didn't know what, where, when, who anything was. 5-meo-dmt is an odd beast because its not visual, it was just straight into the void or the bardo. It's beyond definition, but I was reduced to nothing and everything simultaneously as I was being pulled across all of space and time. 2c-e is not very safe to mix with other substances let alone in this manner, so I may have died if little brother didn't call the ambulance and tell them I ingested psychs. I remember returning to my body for a second to find myself strapped to a gurney like a mad man with paramedics surrounding me and then I'd fly off the handle again, leave this world and go psychotic. I believe they were able to administer something because the excursions from reality and my surroundings started to lessen in intensity as I made my way back into my body.

I can't even begin to convey the level of fear, panic, and sheer insanity that I experienced. It was shattering and traumatic. I finally started to come around 6 hours later after doctors administered more medication, but I still have this sensation as if I never made it back to baseline. I already had a preexisting anxiety/panic disorder, but I believe this event amplified those problems 100x fold. I was tripping and having an exquisite time on just the 2c-e, but my arrogance knew no bounds back then. I've had no problems with eating tons of acid and smoking copious amounts of n n-dmt, before and since, but this was a different deal. A few years later a had another accidental overdose on a phenethylamine, but that's a different story and was due to being shipped the wrong compound, so at least it wasn't completely through my sheer stupidity. You live and you learn.

Ego death achieved.

Can we call it Sea-MT instead? Lol

This is available near me but I’ll likely pass. Apparently aMT is supposed to come round so I’m waiting for that instead

Given that the alpha methyl derivative is a known MAOI, I'm interested in whether or not the DMT derivative shares this property. Can anyone speculative on if this is likely to share that property?

Not the case for any other non-alpha-alkyl substituted tryptamine, so why would you think that?