• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 4C-MAR

I definitely would not use the word lackluster to describe 4,4-DMAR. It was impressive without being overpowering. Or maybe just overpowering enough.
@edit@
Actually I retract that statement. A gram in when the shadow people manifested it was kinda overpowering. This was so long ago i wasn't even aware of any deaths yet or even a recommended dose.

Last edited:
I definitely would not use the word lackluster to describe 4,4-DMAR. It was impressive without being overpowering. Or maybe just overpowering enough.
@edit@
Actually I retract that statement. A gram in when the shadow people manifested it was kinda overpowering. This was so long ago i wasn't even aware of any deaths yet or even a recommended dose.
Yeah, sorry, I kind of misspoke there. I didn't mean to imply that the effects themselves are lackluster. True, they turned out to be anything but lackluster, leading to ~50 deaths in Europe (Holland, Poland, the U.K. and Ireland).

I meant: for those seeking 4-MAR's effects, like myself, 4,4'-DMAR did not deliver.

From archive:
“Knowledge is emerging about the in vitro pharmacological properties of 4,4′-DMAR but it is difficult to predict potential drug interactions or contraindications. Briefly, as noted above, the ability of both cis- and trans-4,4′-DMAR to display potent monoamine transporter activity in vitro may be relevant when considering potential interactions with other substances that act on similar targets that affect dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin levels. For example, the use of substances including medicinal products, known to increase 5-HT-release and/or reuptake (such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), MDMA, mephedrone and cocaine) may increase the risk of developing serotonergic toxicity (often also referred to as serotonin syndrome). High dosage levels and/or combinations of 4,4′-DMAR with other catecholamine releasing agents (e.g. amphetamine-type stimulants) may lead to increasing risk of developing psychotic symptoms and agitation, while potentially dangerous cardiovascular effects could be produced by excessive norepinephrine release in the periphery. However, further studies are warranted to assess these effects in detail. There are no animal or human study data related to the toxicity, including median lethal dose (LD50), potential for self-administration, nor investigations on psychological and/or behavioural effects of 4,4′-DMAR. Self-reports available on user websites suggest that the effects of 4,4′- DMAR include euphoria, mental and physical stimulation, empathic effects and changes in visual perception.”​

Also relevant: Substituted Aminorexes

EDIT:
i wasn't even aware of any deaths yet or even a recommended dose.
I'm glad you didn't wind up in the hospital with serotonin syndrome, homie; 4,4'-DMAR is dangerous. Fuckin' “serotoni” garbage… :rolleyes:

Apparently a vendor threw in a free gram of what they are incorrectly calling "4f-mar" with my last order so I'm might be giving that a try in several weeks. Wasn't really all that interested in experimenting with these 3 (4f-mar, 4b-mar and 4c-mar) and would not have paid for any but am willing to try it since it's a free sample.

Really long lasting stims aren't really my thing these days especially if it's just meh. I did enjoy small amounts of desoxypipradol years ago when I tried it, oddly enough I found it useful in small amount first thing in the morning and never had any problems with urges to redose which is unusual for me as I tend to have control issues with most stims. So who knows, maybe I'll get some use out of this "4f-mar" as well but my expectations are low.

If the 4B-MAR i bought was reliable, like the true product.

It had no resemblance to the supposed effects of 4-MAR. In other words the product was shit or the effects.

Yea based on most of the reviews I've read so far I'm not expecting much good from it, I'll probably try it a few times and then either store away the rest or just dispose of it.

Yeah, I'm like 4 hours into it now, and I finally got home from work. The comeup on the redose wasn't as bad, and the stuff definitely kinda has me in my feels a little bit. I'm kinda getting that sad feeling I get when I take empathogens, with more stimulation. Got kind of a weird tingling in my hands a little bit that I don't really care for. Overall I don't think I'm too crazy about the stuff. I much prefer straight stimulants though. I really don't feel like taking more anytime soon, but maybe it'll be better if I take a smaller amount orally when I'm not quite as strung out and coming off of psych meds and subs.

It was given to me as a sample, unless I find some utility with it as a regular stimulant I doubt I'd get any more. That's probably the conclusion of my thoughts about it for now unless something changes.
You make this sound so much more pleasurable generally speaking than the Master Mind branded 4-MAR analogue.

I wonder how it would how it would work should you be baseline rather than under the influences of your med and 4f-mph?

You make this sound so much more pleasurable generally speaking than the Master Mind branded 4-MAR analogue.

I wonder how it would how it would work should you be baseline rather than under the influences of your med and 4f-mph?
That's a good question. Like I said my friend tried it from baseline and he enjoyed it quite a bit, said it was like good molly lite. If I wasn't clean and sober I would happily try this stuff again under different circumstances. It was good.

That's a good question. Like I said my friend tried it from baseline and he enjoyed it quite a bit, said it was like good molly lite. If I wasn't clean and sober I would happily try this stuff again under different circumstances. It was good.
I found 4,4-DMAR to have a lot of MDMA like qualities as well, being a triple releasing agent, and could see how these halogenated analogues might be a bit similar.

That's very reassuring to hear about your friends reaction.
It's not often we here about RCs being in this vein.
So if you have the experience, how does it compare to say BK-MDMA or say 4-FA?

I found 4,4-DMAR to have a lot of MDMA like qualities as well, being a triple releasing agent, and could see how these halogenated analogues might be a bit similar.
The 4,4-DMAR, was that the one that was sold under the Master Mind branding or another analogue?

That's very reassuring to hear about your friends reaction.
It's not often we here about RCs being in this vein.
So if you have the experience, how does it compare to say BK-MDMA or say 4-FA?
Haven't tried 4-fa, but to me it was more clear headed and had more regular amphetamine properties than bk-mdma. Lighter on the body as well, but still felt good.

Haven't tried 4-fa, but to me it was more clear headed and had more regular amphetamine properties than bk-mdma. Lighter on the body as well, but still felt good.
Thank you for making that comparison for me. It's definitely sounding like something I should at least try the once. I do love empathogens, especially when they have that clear headed/functional aspect. Much like 4-FA to me.

The 4,4-DMAR, was that the one that was sold under the Master Mind branding or another analogue?
Mine was from a chinese clearnet lab site that I doubt still exists. I've not heard of the brand you mention. It was also sold as Serotoni. I thought it was interesting since it is the 4-MAR relative analogous to mephedrone and carries the same para methyl substitution of a drug very similar to methamphetamine. I expect that a drug called 4-MM in relevant published literature so far or 4-methylmethamphetamine might be similar to my experience of 4,4-DMAR I've been on the hunt for 4-MM for a minute now. Apparently it's been detected in meth samples several places in australia. I suspect it would be very cheap to manufacture the 4-MM if you could source similar precursors to mephedrone. Likely carries similar risks as 4,4-DMAR

Mine was from a chinese clearnet lab site that I doubt still exists. I've not heard of the brand you mention. It was also sold as Serotoni. I thought it was interesting since it is the 4-MAR relative analogous to mephedrone and carries the same para methyl substitution of a drug very similar to methamphetamine. I expect that a drug called 4-MM in relevant published literature so far or 4-methylmethamphetamine might be similar to my experience of 4,4-DMAR I've been on the hunt for 4-MM for a minute now. Apparently it's been detected in meth samples several places in australia. I suspect it would be very cheap to manufacture the 4-MM if you could source similar precursors to mephedrone. Likely carries similar risks as 4,4-DMAR
Ahh that's fair. I do think the two are separate analogues. The Master Mind was sold by a group of EU vendors. In particular I used a Polish clearnet vendor for it.

Master Mind was a strange one, it was potent but functional with a sort of cathinone like push. Tbh it felt a lot like a 4f-mph meets ethcathinone to me.

I'd like to try some other 4-MAR based drugs. I found the 2,5-dimethoxy analog of 4-MAR lately and they didn't respond to my query. My guess is that it could be reacted with Br to produce the MAR analog of DOB.

I'd like to try some other 4-MAR based drugs. I found the 2,5-dimethoxy analog of 4-MAR lately and they didn't respond to my query. My guess is that it could be reacted with Br to produce the MAR analog of DOB.
4-MAR based psychedelics, lets just hope they shape up way better than the beta ketone 2C analogues.

What makes you think 4-methymethamphetamine would be such a good drug?

I know 4-methylamphetamine was detected I'm Europe. And Russia.

And I know several seizures of 4-methylephedrine have been found in eastern Europe.
But I think this might be to cater for the market on Poland and Russia of grey/black market precursors for mephedrone.
As they have a longstanding kitchen chemistry cottage industry of oxidation and reduction of ephedrine/pseudoephedrine.

KMnO4 is widely available as is I2/RP. So I imagine mephedrone is cranked out along with 4-methylmethamphetamine If someone felt like throwing the 4-MeEphedrine into a HI reduction.

Is 4-methylephedrine scheduled in any/many countries??? China? India?

very interesting deficiT :)

be careful please of the aminorex analogs they can give some serious heart probs.

I knew of a cook who was making 4MAR and the heart problems were found in him so I am not sure what other analogs would do to you in the long run.

they were taking a lot of it though.

its a pity as it is a really easy one to make.

What makes you think 4-methymethamphetamine would be such a good drug?
According to this write up 4-methylmethamphetamine should be less neurotoxic than regular meth.

These results lead to the conclusion that ring substitution at the 4-position profoundly reduces the neurotoxicity of METH, whereas the β-keto group has much less influence on this property. Although the mechanism(s) by which the 4-methyl substituent reduces METH-induced neurotoxicity remains unclear, it is speculated that this effect is mediated by a loss of DA-releasing action in MEPH and 4MM at the synaptic vesicle monoamine transporter, an effect that is thought to be critical for METH-induced neurotoxicity.