4C-D - Second Time - Appreciation of the Ordinary

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
4C-D ("ARIADNE"), Trial #2
"Appreciation of the Ordinary"
4-19-2019
by Xorkoth

3:00pm (T+0:00) - Ingested 35mg of 4C-D HCl. This is my second trial. My first trial was at 50mg + a 25mg booster an hour in. I intended for my next trial to be at 100mg to see how the psychedelic effects develop at a higher dose, but I have tripped thrice in the past 2 weeks (or at least taken something psychedelic - only one full dose) so I'm going to hold off, but today is Bicycle Day, and I have decided to see how a lower dose works. I want to see if the nature of the effects I experienced at 75mg is present still. The setting is that it's been raining and storming very hard since before it got light out and there is flooding all over town. My roof is slightly leaking even through the roof plastic I have on it so I'm a little stressed out but my guess is this trial will have some euphoriant/stress-relieving properties.

3:15pm (T+0:15) - First alert, a warm, soft glow about my head and chest. Doing a little bit of work and Bluelighting. Looked out my window and wow, my whole street is a brown waterfall. Someone's stream has blocked up up the road, mine clogged twice earlier but I dug it out both times (in the rain - my coat and pants are drying under a fan). I'm really hoping it doesn't block up again while it's raining because I took a shower recently and I'll get all wet and nasty if I have to go out there. The water will continue to flow well after it stops so hopefully if it's gonna do it, it'll wait until then. It's supposed to mostly stop raining with occasional periods of drizzle in the next 2 hours, I hope it does, I haven't seen this much rain at once in a long time.

3:25pm (T+0:25) - I'm getting little head flutters that remind me almost of brain zaps except very gentle and pleasurable, and I feel them slightly in my chest too. They feel like euphoric flutters. Like last time, there is a flutteriness in my chest/solar plexus that could be anxiety were it in a closed loop, but instead it flutters outwards so it feels like euphoria. The feeling reminds me of a 5-MeO-MiPT trip I wrote about many years ago where I realized that anxiety and euphoria are two sides of the same coin. Each originates from the solar plexus and each is a fluttery feeling of energy. Anxiety is a blocked energy and euphoria is an energy that is free to expand outward. Reducing complex feelings to simple terms like this makes me feel a little silly but it's the thought I'm having so I want to communicate it. So far this is very mild, which is expected. I guess I'm having a lot of thoughts right now though. I should be checking data on this project for work. It occurs to me I often test substances while I'm working. I guess it's because it provides me a good baseline for understanding how something is affecting me. I work alone at home and usually only have to interact with people through email, and I do a job that requires thought and also tests my patience and focus. I generally have the house to myself during work hours, too. Plus I am really busy a lot of the time so it's often the most convenient time. In any case it's become a bit of a baseline for me when testing things where I am not trying to have a full-on trip.

3:45pm (T+0:45) - I'm starting to feel more euphoric. I feel motivated and quick but not stimulated in a traditional sense at all. I just knocked off 2 relatively simple tasks I've had on my list for weeks because, why the hell not? Don't know why I was putting them off. I keep getting little brain zappy rushes that I really like. I'm thinking I may try to snort 10-15mg of this and see if it changes the nature of the effects. Mostly because this feels good and it would be cool if it felt better. Rather hedonistic, yes, but I'm also curious if it becomes traditionally stimulating or not. And whether it burns like the 2C-Xs. I've snorted 3C-E before and it did not particularly burn, so there's certainly no guaranteee this will be bad like the 2C-Xs are.

4:00pm (T+1:00) - The feeling is growing slightly. I find myself tapping my leg quickly but I do that when I'm excited. There is no teeth grinding or appreciable heart rate increase. I just thought to get my HR/BP monitor out and it measured 123 / 71 at 53 bpm, so very normal for me.

4:20pm (T+1:20) - I snorted 15mg 15 minutes ago. Ouch! It's still burning a bit. It's not as intense and overwhelming as with the 2C-Xs, but it made my left eye water for a few minutes and now every time I exhale through my nose it sends a fresh wave of burning. It's not too bad but I'm surprised it hasn't abated yet. I have a taste in my mouth that reminds me of blood, I had to check that there wasn't blood back there (there isn't, I think it just has to do with the specific taste of the drip). It's getting more intense right about now. I have a rising feeling in my body and face that is psychedelic in nature. BP/HR taken, and it measures at 127 / 78 at 59 bpm, so perhaps a slight elevation but I still don't feel classically stimulated (also I am in pain which could account for the increase). The lingering pain is becoming annoying and I'm ready for it to stop.

4:35pm (T+1:35) - Whew, the pain is finally almost gone. Wow okay so that was almost as bad as the 2C-Xs. It didn't quite feel as drill-like or as much like getting kicked in the face, but it lingered and lingered and got worse and worse for a bit (it got worse since my last entry before it got better). The last 30 minutes have been mostly characterized by being in pain. I probably won't repeat snorting. However it did kick up the effects. Things have taken on a somewhat significant look and the feeling in my body has become decidedly psychedelic in a warm and velvety way. The rain has stopped and the sun has come out. I actually feel less excitable and more centered and calm than I did before. This feels at least as strong if not stronger than my 75mg total trial last time. The exact nature of the effects is difficult to characterize, like last time. I feel like I am on a psychedelic, and I feel good, and thoughtful.

4:50pm (T+1:50) - Wooooowwwww. I went outside to survey the state of things and although the sun is out and the rain stopped, the road is still a waterfall. My own stream that goes under my driveway has been carved out a good 2-3 feet deeper and all the leaf litter and debris is totally scoured away. The sound outside is a roar, where usually it's a trickle. My underground spring that comes out at the top of the driveway is flowing under the driveway just fine but there's so much water that it's overflowing and my driveway is a small waterfall too. There is a deep (3 foot deep, no exaggeration, like up to my upper thigh if I were to stand in it) hole on the side of the end of my driveway and there is an equally deep ditch on the side of the road for a ways down which is only going to get bigger. A neighbor up the way didn't unplug their driveway culvert and that's why the road is still a waterfall. I'm thinking about going up there to help because I see her out there, a mom and her kid, she's just sort of kicking at the water. While I was out there, the water flowing over the rocks strewn about the road, with the sun glinting off, looked absolutely gorgeous. No visuals but a stark appreciation of beauty and it seemed like details stood out sharply. I watched a single bubble as it went by me and down the road until it was too far away to focus on, transfixed.

5:35pm (T+2:35) - I just got back from helping the neighbors. I walked up there and the mom and sons were looking at it, and I realized we'd met once before when we got snowed in and the neighborhood was all sledding down the road. I was reaching my hands in and pulling out rocks but the water was icy so I could only go in for 5-10 seconds at a time before I'd have to rub my numb arms back to warmth. The husband came out then and together we managed to pull out a huge rock, which helped a lot, and then he reached in and pulled out a rather small stick and for some reason that did it, like the drain in a tub when you pull the plug, all the water whirlpooled down under the driveway and the clog was busted.

We introduced ourselves again and talked a little, I believe we'll remember each others' names now. Turns out the guy sees my girlfriend regularly at the place she works, which is right by the courthouse he works at, and he goes there for coffee. It was really satisfying to meet the neighbors and work together on something. Their older son is really precocious and was talking to me non-stop about whatever it was he was thinking about it, it was really cute. I felt like we (as in all of us) made a connection. I think the parents are about my age and they seem really nice. The dad and I smoked a cigarette and then I headed back down to my house.

I felt pretty comfortable socially, just a tiny bit awkward in that way where whenever I was thinking of something to say, it felt like time was moving really slowly, but I handled it just fine and I got a lot of satisfaction from the entire encounter, as well as from the work done in preventing further erosion to our road. At this point, back inside my house, I feel comfortable and nice.

7:45pm (T+4:45) - I feel most of the way back down, with a pleasant glow remaining. I cooked a Chinese rice noodle stir fry dish I made up for my girl and I and it was delicious. I would say this dose wasn't any weaker than my previous dose. I wonder what the difference would have been if I hadn't snorted that booster, but I'm glad I did because now I know I won't do it again.

The next day

Well I think I understand the nature of this drug now, at least in doses that aren't too high. I would characterize it as instilling a deep appreciation for the small things in life and for interactions with other people, along with a body high and some euphoria. Looking back, the events of yesterday were nothing out of the ordinary (I mean they kind of were, in that I don't experience deluges of rain very often, but you know what I mean), but they became extra-ordinary to me because of my state of mind. I ended up watching TV with my girlfriend until about 11:30 and then went to sleep effortlessly, as I was rather tired. I woke up with some pretty bad sciatica pain but I don't believe it was in any way related. Overall my second tral was a success, moreso than I really expected, and this time I will actually wait a little longer and try 100mg or so and see what differences emerge. I'm glad I tried snorting it, so we know that one probably should not do that. Although it seemed to add a lot of potency, it hurt for almost a full 30 minutes and it was really unpleasant.

Happy experimenting, people! I look forward to seeing some more reports on this one.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4cd
substancecode_ariadne
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited:
Wow, sounds quite special! It also sounds like something I won't be putting anywhere near my nose ;-)

Yep that burn was horrid... :cry:

I'd say it's pretty special, but I also want to emphasize it's rather subtle. My reports are rather glowing but I appreciate subtlety in a psychedelic. If you're looking for a full-on trip you'll be disappointed.

Sounds marvelous again. :) I think you describe the state 4C-D produces very well, and I'm glad you had a good experience with and for it in general. And yes, I am also very thankful that you determined that we should not snort this one, for science! ? And thank you for that as well! I must say that I am still incredibly intrigued to see what you get out of the 100 mg dosage now however.... While I would say that in some ways the character of the drug is still largely the same for me at that point as it is at lower dosages, the intensity does pass a certain threshold for me as the high and its corresponding psychological implications increase, and that's really where the true psychedelic nature of the drug becomes particularly evident for me, even while, again it is largely lacking in sensory visuals.

Still, when combined with cannabis especially, I would not call it non-hallucinogenic.... It just happens to express itself in that way for me largely through the mind's eye, but in a way still fully comparable in intensity to things like LSD and other powerful psychedelics, and with more of a hedonistic empathogenic edge than many of them have. And this is just speaking of the visuals.... There's definitely more than first meets the eye to the psychological depth of 4C-D as well; my 100 mg experience peaked with a brief and lucid but rapid and nearly complete ego dissolution experience of disappearing almost completely into the white light, and then spending several hours afterwards slowly winding back down the way I would from a heavy peak of LSD or some tryptamines like 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-MiPT. I still want to push it beyond that point but I am worried about some more significant body load appearing too, 100 mg is still pleasant for me but very, very slightly tense in that recognizably psychedelic way, but still nothing really threatening, just me being cautious.

Anyway, thanks so much again for the report(s). :)

Cool, it's nice to know that in your estimation at least, the psychedelic aspects of it increase more with dosage. I've read some reports to the contrary but I think with more experience one is able to better utilize what possibilities there are in compounds. Some psychedelics are more subtle in nature than others. Some slam you over the head and force your ego to dissolve or force you to trip hard in other ways, whereas some might go unnoticed and unappreciated unless you look for what it's presenting.

Yeah, I've read the handful of other reports out there and they don't sound too intense, but I would actually say some of them do sound significantly psychedelic still in the way I'm experiencing, and at least one of them does mention light visuals as well. I think more people probably just need to push it before the effects will be more obvious... and who really knows how far it can be comfortably pushed at this point? For what it's worth, I get strong effects from seemingly relatively low dosages of many other phenethylamine psychedelics too, so 150 mg for someone else could still work out to being worth less than 100 mg for me, depending on their own sensitivity.

Like you said though too, some psychedelics are just subtle, and that's not just okay, it's fantastic. :) And I definitely agree that 4C-D seems like the kind of drug that one could get much more out of with this kind of experience, though not being able to go back and take it back when I first started out I'll never be able to say for sure. I do feel strongly though that a big part of what made me able to enjoy its full psychedelic potential is that I simply treated it like a psychedelic anyway regardless of what the effects seemed to be superficially saying.... I acted like I was taking something like either 2C-C or 2C-E and just chilled at the apartment on it listening to music and being introspective and stuff like I would them and the experience played out largely just like any other phenethylamine psychedelic would just without the sensory visuals, and again, not without the psychedelic mental and visionary content. I can understand why some people might not care for that too... but again, I'm really falling in love with these kinds of psychedelics as of late. There are plenty of hugely visual psychedelics and everything from that down to nothing, so why not have some that are basically nothing too as long as they're still worthwhile? I'll happily take them, anyway! ❤

That's interesting, and a good idea to take some of these supposedly light psychedelics with the same sort of intention and setting as you would take something heavier. That would allow more room for effects to manifest. I was going about my day because I expected something day-enhancing and not heavy. So perhaps if I listened to music and closed my eyes something more would develop.

Like you said though too, some psychedelics are just subtle, and that's not just okay, it's fantastic...I'm really falling in love with these kinds of psychedelics as of late. There are plenty of hugely visual psychedelics and everything from that down to nothing, so why not have some that are basically nothing too as long as they're still worthwhile? I'll happily take them, anyway! ❤

Here here! I feel the same way. :) I wish I'd had an opportunity to explore 2C-T, 2C-T-21, and 4C-D when they were around (also 2C-EF and some of the exotic 2C-x-FLYs.) While they may not have the fireworks of some of the other psychedelics, I think that can be fine or even desirable when looking at materials for therapeutic or life-enhancing applications.

I do feel strongly though that a big part of what made me able to enjoy its full psychedelic potential is that I simply treated it like a psychedelic anyway regardless of what the effects seemed to be superficially saying.... I acted like I was taking something like either 2C-C or 2C-E and just chilled at the apartment on it listening to music and being introspective and stuff like I would them and the experience played out largely just like any other phenethylamine psychedelic would just without the sensory visuals, and again, not without the psychedelic mental and visionary content.

That's good advice, in my book. Some of my most fruitful experiences have come from patiently milking the most from an unexpectedly light dose, just patiently letting whatever was going to manifest manifest and being willing to fully engage it, just laying around listening to music or meditating. My richest pharmahuasca experience was very light, but I think I was able to bring back a ton from it because I found myself dipping down into the troughs of the aya waves then re-emerging into consciousness to process, reflect, and integrate when the waves subsided.

I would definitely agree that it seems like a good strategy to try, and I would love to hear the results of anyway treating 4C-D or other similarly overlooked psychedelics the same way. :) Frankly, doing that with even smoked cannabis made me realize quite readily how psychedelic it really is.... People go along with the cultural learning of pushing it aside for the sake of just going about their day way too easily, it's truly a powerful and deep substance if you know how to use it for that, not that there's anything wrong with using it in any other way either.

Pfafffed, I do believe 4C-D is still around, is it not? I can't speak for the others, unfortunately, and I'd love to be able to try them all myself! And I absolutely agree with your sentiment. :) I understand why the fireworks are so captivating at first, but ultimately, it's about use, however that comes about, and there's no specific thing that I really always get the most out of with psychedelics, or even really a broad definition of "psychedelics" to go by in this case because they're all so radically different as a whole.... Might as well just enjoy them all, especially while we still have the opportunity!

Sounds marvelous again. :) I think you describe the state 4C-D produces very well, and I'm glad you had a good experience with and for it in general. And yes, I am also very thankful that you determined that we should not snort this one, for science! ? And thank you for that as well! I must say that I am still incredibly intrigued to see what you get out of the 100 mg dosage now however.... While I would say that in some ways the character of the drug is still largely the same for me at that point as it is at lower dosages, the intensity does pass a certain threshold for me as the high and its corresponding psychological implications increase, and that's really where the true psychedelic nature of the drug becomes particularly evident for me, even while, again it is largely lacking in sensory visuals.

Still, when combined with cannabis especially, I would not call it non-hallucinogenic.... It just happens to express itself in that way for me largely through the mind's eye, but in a way still fully comparable in intensity to things like LSD and other powerful psychedelics, and with more of a hedonistic empathogenic edge than many of them have. And this is just speaking of the visuals.... There's definitely more than first meets the eye to the psychological depth of 4C-D as well; my 100 mg experience peaked with a brief and lucid but rapid and nearly complete ego dissolution experience of disappearing almost completely into the white light, and then spending several hours afterwards slowly winding back down the way I would from a heavy peak of LSD or some tryptamines like 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-MiPT. I still want to push it beyond that point but I am worried about some more significant body load appearing too, 100 mg is still pleasant for me but very, very slightly tense in that recognizably psychedelic way, but still nothing really threatening, just me being cautious.

Anyway, thanks so much again for the report(s). :)

I thought I might've taken the wrong chem until I read your description. Started with 25mg waited an hour, nothing much happened so added 75mg and about another hour later it took off and became very psychedelic visually. Pupils were large. There was electric body energy and the mind was somewhat clear. Didn't have the desire to be social. There wasn't a lot of euphoria and I decided to abort the trip because it was intensifying and I hadn't planned for that based on the descriptions of 4c-d. I think it actually could've been 2c-d.

I'd say it's pretty special, but I also want to emphasize it's rather subtle. My reports are rather glowing but I appreciate subtlety in a psychedelic. If you're looking for a full-on trip you'll be disappointed.

I wonder if it would benefit from some amphetamine, like 2C-D. I really meme up this combination but it really is a winner. (I think f&b was a fan too. For best results use old school Euro racemate or maybe adderall, not MA or dex.)

Yeah I bet it would, I haven't tried that yet though. I bet it would also combine well with another psychedelic.

Wow, sounds like a winner! Impressed you were able to go out and unplug a culvert with other people and be social; most psychedelics would render me too ruminative and anxious to enter such a situation. But like you articulated very well, this drug inverted the anxiety into thoughtful euphoria. Very cool, reminds me of the mindset I get from 2C-I.

Thanks for reporting on all these esoteric analogues btw, I need to follow your example and start branching out instead of zeroing in on well-researched compounds.

4C-D is easier to be social than most, but years back I started purposely putting myself in social situations with psychedelics in order to help improve my confidence and social skills, and these days I can manage pretty well on a lot of things... of course there are still some substances I wouldn't be able to be social on at all (2C-E for example).

You're welcome. :)

Oh 2C-E puts me away, even at low doses. I’m trying to do the same; if I’m going to be a guinea pig for new substances and otherwise perturb my brain with chemicals, I want them to improve my condition IRL, rather than indulge my self-isolation. I’ve gotten a lot better at this, thankfully. Now if only dissociatives weren’t so much hedonistic fun...:LOL:

Will be trying 2C-B for the first time soon, very stoked!

2C-B is lovely, very easygoing, warm, euphoric, and visual.

Nope, I'm American. :)

I still haven't done that 100mg trial I was talking about doing, maybe I'll do that sometime soon. I haven't taken a psychedelic with the intention of writing a report in a good while. In fact I haven't taken a psychedelic in a while, except for AMT a little while ago. Summer is approaching and the band is becoming more active, we're going to headline some festivals and throw our own soon, which is usually my cue to trip. :)

Last edited: