• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4C-D (Ariadne)

Since you bought in bulk and presumably have no analytical chemist friends, I'd recommend sending a sample to Energy Control for analysis

G888: Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do other than send it to a lab to confirm 4C-D. If you perform some colorimetric reagent tests and get them on video, then send the sample to a lab for analysis, we will at least end up with enough information to allow the next person to confirm the identity of their 4C-D. As far as I know there is no colorimetric data for 4C-D. You can bioassay if you titrate the dose carefully, but since we have little information about the effects, that won't tell us much either.

L_C: only if that's a safe dose level for you :?

Sweet, thanks everyone, still no 4C-D here yet : / I've since found out the host country mail department was on strike when I made my order, not sure what for how long, ugh. So, it could arrive tomorrow, or in another month, or who knows what.

I'll look into energy control to see what amounts they need and cost. I'm afraid between credit card debt, school debt, dept to my parents, etc. I'd guess I have approximately negative 40k right now. The Christmas money I assume I'll get based on the last 5 or so years will hopefully put a dent into that, and hopefully I'll land a well paying job soon. (and soon can mean anything from "you start next Monday!" to "great, you'll start in 3 months!" Soooo, hopefully I'll land a job soon, which will also means, most likely, moving across the state, to an expensive area, but also the best area for what I'd like to work in. If it's something like $200 then after my first few checks I'll send it in, if it is like $2,000 then that will take more time, but, eventually....

Atara, sincere thanks for the reagent idea! I assumed there would be no point since I have nothing to compare it to, but I'll definitely do that FOR SCIENCE! And I guess everyone's health and safety a mild side effect. Assuming my 4C-D isn't baking soda or totally different chemical or whatever.

And Limpet, I have a similar question was 500mg IM morphine a joke, a typo? In the hospital all opioids/opiates are given orally, or IV push, and a couple patches like with a fentanyl patch, at least that I've seen. And I've never done heroin or tried to inject a pill or something nor have I read about it (it meaning IM'ing these things). I'd be afraid to IM something that wasn't pharmaceutical grade morphine. And from what I've read here I've never heard of opioids being used IM, I'd imagine that would be pretty dangerous, not to mention the size of the dose being quite high (no judgement here, I'm an out of control 2 year old benzo addict, with just enough control to put myself on a steady state dose for my clinical's, and a medium-low dose Kratom addict for 11 years, so far I've managed to hide my addiction from all family, friends, and the rest of the world, except an anesthesiologist I told before an appendectomy just in case the Kratom would interfere and I didn't want to be accidentally kill, nor accidentally be in wild withdrawals, lol.) So yeah, was that a joke? typo? Or something some people ever do? And yeah, no chemist friends, a librarian, a couple lawyers who pretty much hate their career and jobs since they HAVE to argue for some idea in court, despite it being opposed to their own ethics, one friend manages a chemicals supply company for the company my dad used to work for, but doesn't know how to do anything related to chemistry production, and my RN school friends. So yeah, amongst my friends I'm the best "chemist" meaning I know how to extract DMT, which is super easy, and that's about it. My dad has a couple big name pharmaceuticals to his name, but that was biotech, not chemistry, and I don't think he'd approve anyway... I envy you all who can just whip out new chemicals like it's NBD.

Ok, thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll definitely be reagent testing now so that will mean at least one person with some results put out in the WWW. And will look into Energy Control, and I'll be titrating VERY slowly, even if I have confirmation it is as labeled. Peace

Hey, bumping this thread with some info in case someone's still interested. This is probably not news to some of you but I found nothing when googling for this stuff so I wanted to make it easier for future guinea pigs. I personally tried 135mg (~1.5mg/kg) of what's supposedly 4C-D. Here is my very uneventful report:

I've been on a month long break from everything up until this morning (didn't even touch a coffee in the last 30 days) so tolerance is 0 to everything. I dosed 135mg which is 1.5mg/kg for me
+0:00 took my dose in a 00 gelcap
+0:45 slight body euphoria is setting in, also some veeery slight nausea
+1:40 pupils are still normal sized. There is some jaw tension and some very light clenching. General but light body euphoria is present. I also feel generally motivated and (slightly) stimmed so I reorder my stashbox (which was in my plans for today anyway)
+1:50 nearing the peak. I can tell that I'm high but it's hard to describe. It actually feels like the comeup to another stronger empathogen. You know when you take MDMA and ~30 minutes later you start to feel the first and barely noticeable electric buzzes going through your body? That's how I'd describe the effects. The nausea keeps slowly building up. I realize that I haven't eaten anything today, so I decide to try to eat something to see if it passes. I eat some fruit (eating isn't a problem at all on this substance) and indeed the nausea quickly starts subsiding, so it was probably hunger and not caused by 4C-D. The fruit also tasted amazing
+2:00 no OEVs/CEVs to be noted. No vasoconstriction either (confirmed with my very own Wank Test?, patent pending). The effects peaked around this time. I noticed my movements were a bit jittery but nothing uncomfortable. The music enhancement is pretty minimal for me at this point, but that + the general stimmy feeling really make me wanna dance around like a dumbass for a bit. I put on my usual trip playlist and jam away. Thankfully no one was around to see my moves
+2:20 the effects seem to have plateaued so I decide to vape a load out of my VapCap (the dry herb vape that I use) to get the most out of this experience. I ended up using < .1 of strong indica
+2:30 the indica's effects are so strong they're kind of overpowering the slight stimulation that I was feeling before. The two different body highs however fused very well. Music enhancement is now amazing, but I'm too indica'd (don't know how else to say it lol) to dance. I chill on reddit and YouTube for a while
+3:00 I'm hungry as fuck so I head to the kitchen and make myself something like 3 portions of pasta with a truckload of cheese on it. It tasted fucking godly but I was still hungry-ish after (thanks to the weed surely)
+3:30 a graceful comedown started around this point. Nothing uncomfortable, I could just feel the body high beginning to decrease and the general stimmyness fading. I vape another load out of my VapCap
+4:10 the comedown is so peaceful I'm mostly just feeling the weed. I resume watching funny videos on YouTube
+6:00 I head to bed and take a bomb ass nap. Fell asleep right away and woke up 3 hours later, completely sober and in a good mood

The short version is that the substance seems to be a very weak stimulant/empathogen that actually managed to get overpowered by weed instead of synergizing. It actually feels like a 4 hour long comeup. There was no change in headspace or visuals of any kind at the dose I tried which makes me think the other reports were fake. There's also 2 more recent reports posted by another user on reddit, and apparently pushing the dose further than ~1.5mg/kg only increases the side effects

I plan to record some reagent tests this weekend and upload them somewhere in case anyone's interested in testing their batch (not that I'm even sure that what I have is 4C-D, but it's better than nothing I guess)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a thread in PD about 4C-D, containing a few trip reports including 2 of my own: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-small-handy-4c-d-ariadne-thread.872834/

I find it to be primarily entactogenic but quite mild with virtually no side effects, very comfortable but nothing exciting either. Very nice stuff but it's no AMT or MDMA or amphetamine. Interesting stuff. It produces, for me, a state reminiscent of perhaps an Adderall mixed with a very light dose of a phenethylamine psychedelic, but with absolutely no peripheral stimulation, yet there is still mental stimulation and mood boost.

Not the right thing to take to trip out, it's more of a mild enhancer.

Thanks for the updated info from previous two posters. I'm the OP and was planning on sending the 4C-D I got to energy control for analysis but my shipment never made it. I either got scammed, or the guy/gal got arrested before sending it since he/she went dark shortly after I made my purchase. Either way, it looks interesting in some sense, but I probably won't be making another purchase for myself.

You must have been dealing with a reseller, that sucks. It's a pretty nice chemical but nothing groundbreaking. As a collector I had to get some, and as a psychedelic enthusiast I had to experiment, and as an avid trip report writer, I had to write about it. :)

I've not followed this thread closely, but I would wager that a major limiting factor in producing substantial noticeable effects from this compound is the fact that it is a good MAO substrate. Not that it has low activity once it gets to the site of action, but that it has low bioavailability. So combined with a MAO inhibitor it may be a decent component of a pharmahuasca. This is the reason that the phenethylamine counterparts of the phenylisopropylamines are lower in potency (2-CB vs DOB for example). I'm guessing that it would go from "pharmacological tofu" to pharmacological sirloin with the right admixture.

Very interesting. I've put it on my list of things to try but there's a backlog.

Very interesting. I've put it on my list of things to try but there's a backlog.

Indeed... so many molecules so little time. I'm not really actively experimenting these days, but I found making "salads" to be especially interesting. Notably Aleph compounds with methylenedioxys. Or tryptamine/phenethylamine mixtures. Never really messed with the MAO-Is. Maybe I'll come out of retirement some day.

I'm still pretty young at 35 so I have some energy left. :)

By the way, I linked to this thread in the PD Index next to the 4C-D thread entry and also in the first post of the 4C-D thread. Not much info on this yet, there are a variety of trip reports in the PD thread.

I wish I had your sources shadowmeister (no I'm not asking for help with any sourcing, just wishing, lol.) I've never been on the inside of things, so resellers are pretty much all I've got, although I do all I can to make sure they're legitimate, and I know of one other source for 4C-D. If I was scammed this was the first time ever (and certain things lead me to believe he was arrested or got spooked and went underground, scamming me but for a small purchase, which makes little sense as some master plan of his.)

I consider myself a collector as well, I've got a couple things I've had for quite a while like 4-AcO-McPT and LSM-775 that I don't know when, or if I'll get around to trying since the former seems to not be exciting (and I've already tried 4-Ho-McPT once,) and the LSM sounds interesting, but also sounds like my one trip on morning glory seeds over 10 years ago, where I had an incredibly awesome trip, but crippling nausea that prevented me from doing anything but writhe in pain, trying, and failing to induce vomiting, and I almost never get nausea, from psychadelics or anything else for that matter.

That said the collector in me and FormerBeagle's idea, (thank you for that, and I agree combinations have almost always been my best experiences) might convince me to pick some up, though I won't be the first to try that combo unless it turns out to be safe and effective. I have one concern about that combo, which might be baseless since it's beyond my knowledge level. Given the study of rats identifying the 4C-D as "MDMA," that would mean it could potentially be a monamine releaser, right? And aren't releasers like MDMA mixed with MAOI's a dangerous mix? I suppose in this case the fact that it's weak might balance that out, but would that not be a potential danger? Thanks for any answers.

I did find one more human trial of a dose about double that of Shulgin's dose, though still smaller than the dose required by the lab rats to react as if it were MDMA. I found it on a post on reddit, who got it from another forum. And was posted not by the person who trialed it, but someone else. So take it for what it's worth since it's about 5th hand information now, lol. The report seems credible, but I have no way of actually knowing that for sure. I've copy pasted the report below. Thanks Club for the info, and anyone else who's knowledgable enough to speculate on its effects, dangers, etc. Here is the trip report I found. Again, IF this is similar to MDMA, the trial in this report is still low too low for the theoretical entactogenic effects. So, this report won't give nearly the full picture of 4C-Ds' potential or lack of potential. Later all

"ARIADNE: first encounter with an exotic ladyDose: 62.5 mg of the hydrochloride salt.

[-01:15] ARIADNE is dissolved in a glass of orange juice. I’m taken over by the usual fear: is this ARIADNE or DOM? Perhaps I should try to solve this problem… Just to make sure, I dissolve the dosage in 110 mL juice and drink about 10 mL. In case it is DOM, it will nice as well. If not, I’ll drink the rest in an hour.

[00:00] The first fifteen minutes felt as if a super-DOB was taking control, but after that, nothing. I drink the rest of the glass and try to study somewhat while listening to the Firebird.

[01:00] I can clearly feel some effects. My mental condition has changed and it has become very easy to live myself into the music. Colors have become richer but distortions in the visual field remain fairly limited.

[01:30] Especially on the mental side, effects have noticeably increased the last half hour. The soft color enhancement and the mild breathing of objects form a harmonious theater for the mental +2. I’m invited by the music – first by Khachaturian and subsequently by Camille Saint-Sa?ns – to close my eyes and enjoy their masterpieces. Generally, this compound has a friendly character; she allows to see the beauty of the things surrounding me and shows how to enjoy them.

[02:00] I’ve smoked my pipe with – what else? – vanilla tobacco. Buzzzz… I have a funny feeling in my head and can some spot some CEVs around the corner. Sadly enough, they remain around the corner. I think it requires an additional 10 or 20 mg to get more out of it.

[03:00] The psychedelic characteristics are already fading away. ARIADNE has never reached the intensity of 4C-DOB at a similar dose. On the other hand, both compounds share the same butanamineness. My body is at +1 and my mind is hovering around +1.75, the traditional BSV (butanamine standard value). I’m looking forward to repeat the experiment with an additional 10 or 20 mg. The butanamine character is friendly, listening to music and reading are enjoyable, but studying remains as much of a punishment as it used to be.

[04:45] Reading goes easier, as my concentration remains more focused on the subject. On the other hand, I don’t have the impression that I acquire additional insight.

[06:45] Time to go watch a movie with some friends. At this time, the psychedelic effects are mostly gone. Watching “Long Weekend” was an interesting experience. I was completely absorbed by the atmosphere of the movie.

[12:45] Very tired… Time to sleep.

[20:45] I feel rather fit when waking up. There are no signs of residual activity. I seem to be completely back to baseline. I continue reading the book, but have the usual difficulties of keeping focused on the subject. Next time, let us take some more."
Apologies for the bolded text. The mobile site is acting up.

Man, I would love to know where you found this. It would be great to ask the author for more info on the rest of this class. I'm quite curious about 4C-B/4C-DOB and they're the only person I've come across with significant experience with it. Doesn't sound like it's a psychedelic either, but it I might help me better understand what this class is if not psychedelic.

Thanks for the updated info from previous two posters. I'm the OP and was planning on sending the 4C-D I got to energy control for analysis but my shipment never made it. I either got scammed, or the guy/gal got arrested before sending it since he/she went dark shortly after I made my purchase. Either way, it looks interesting in some sense, but I probably won't be making another purchase for myself.

By the way, I did end up getting my 4C-D lab analyzed and it checks out, it really is 4C-D