Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4C-D (30mg rectal + 30mg oral) - First Time - Low Quality 4C-D Report

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
I wouldn't post this report (really just some notes,) except there's so little info out there I thought it might be worth it. There are just WAY too many variables to get much useful info out of this experience.

So, three days after a weird 5-MeO-MiPT experience, I tried this for the first time. I get strong tolerance from 5-MeO-MiPT, so I don't know what to expect from this non-psychedelic psychedelic.

For one, this drug is beautiful to look at. It's the prettiest drug I think I've ever seen. It's like superfine diamond glitter, even prettier than proscaline!

30mg rectally. Turns out, I may have needed to poop despite my efforts to clean my rectum beforehand, so this may have affected dosage. It felt like it kicked in strongly when I pooped an hour later. I used too much water to administer it, which would likely slowed absorption and lowered peak plasma levels, as well as distracted me with the discomfort during the experience. Definitely a poor choice before a vigorous hike!

I felt alerts within 5-10 minutes. It was fluttery. There was a while where I was upbeat, couldn't stop smiling. It was very mild, but it was pleasant. I also noticed a fair amount of (very light, but noticeable) muscle tension. It could have been related to exercise or the previous day's KOH-GHB usage. This space was not at all psychedelic, but somehow I kept expecting it to be. There was no quieting of the mind or default mode network, but it really seemed somehow like there should have been. My enjoyment of the everyday was not enhanced or diminished--it stayed constant. I found myself longing for a light dose of 2C-B instead. Maybe this is a mixer? Dunno if that's safe, so I'd be careful choosing what to mix with. I found the idea of sex exciting during the fluttery phase, but I think that's because I mistook the flutteriness with sexual excitement. Sex and orgasm later were not enhanced.

I boosted after an hour with 30mg oral. By this point, the enjoyable effects had subsided, and the effects were neutral. I drove without difficulty or hesitation earlier, as I was not impaired. Right after my booster, I pooped and I felt like it got stronger all of a sudden. This was a neutral change to my affairs. The volume was turned up on the effects, but only briefly did they become positive. I felt a little lubricity in my movements and a soft warmth in my being, so I danced a tiny bit. I went for some nitrous, but when I emerged, things were neutral and I felt a tiny bit stoned/monged, just a tiny bit mentally thick. I started assembling IKEA furniture for something to do, as my partner was cranky and preoccupied. Despite it being cool inside and winter outside, I got warm and sweaty, and took my shirt off despite the minimal physicality required. I meant to check my body temperature, but thought of it immediately after having a sip of water. I intended to wait 20 minutes and try again, but forgot. The perceived body temperature increase slowly dropped off over the course of about four hours, as I recall. I had some kava kava pretty soon after the redose kicked in, which I couldn't really notice much of. This may have been in part due to clashing drug effects, bur more likely due to the fact that I'd eaten some ramen two hours earlier. The rest of the evening involved me farting (with difficulty) or defecating every ten to twenty minutes. This may have been due to the bowel cleansing, the kava, or the 4C-D, but I was definitely gassy and mildly uncomfortable because of it. Ever try to squat to assemble furniture while on drugs and while you don't know if you're going to fart or poop? Not recommended.

All in all, it didn't blow my hair back at all, but I likely had heavy tolerance and I expected as much. The perceived change to body temperature was interesting, which may suggest some serotonin releaser activity. Or it may just indicate how out of shape I am. Also, I am non-/reverse-responder to releaser empathogens. So far, they all either make me melancholy or monged out and dumb. If that's a significant part of its activity, then I wouldn't be a good judge of the effects. I slept well that night, but it took a while for me to sleep (which could have been the kava or the fact that I overslept that morning.) There was no hangover during the following three days, let alone a suicide Tuesday.

I look forward to re-evaluating this in the future with less tolerance and fewer variables. I will probably just take it orally for the next few times e to see how that goes. I like testing new drugs rectally so that I can start low and titrate up before tolerance develops without changing the character of the experience as strongly as insufflation. Plus, if the primary character of a drug is supposed to be sensuous and somatic, why spend a good chunk of it in pain?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4cd
substancecode_ariadne
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral
roacode_rectal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report. :) It's an odd one, for sure. You're right that you'd definitely have some tolerance after only 3 days. The effect on your bowels is interesting, I don't recall anything like that in my trials.

it is a really pretty drug though, isn't it? :) It's like the finest glitter powder you could find.

Update:

4C-D - 30mg + 1 shell of kava + 250mg kratom (I used to be sensitive to amounts this small) - Second time

I've liked 30mg. Subtle, unique effect. Sociabilizing, as Claude Rifat would have said. Hard to characterize, almost like it treats a condition that we don't have language to describe yet. I went to a rock and roll hall of famer's concert with bunch of uptight corporate insurance types, and I had a great time. I'm normally the Daria in the room, sitting back and watching everyone else loosen up and have fun. In this case, I was able to let my hair down and act the fool, getting into a performance that was definitely not my scene. It eliminated my self consciouness, making me more extroverted and less reserved. In a lot of ways, this resembled an extremely mild form of MDMA's social anxiety and fear extinction effect. It didn't otherwise feel like MDMA to me, other than I found myself developing parasocial bonds with the performers.I didn't feel high, but I was definitely having more fun than everyone else for a change.

++++++++++++++++

4C-D - 30mg orally - 3rd time

30mg before Christmas with the extended family when already extroverted out proved similarly beneficial.

+++++++++++

4C-D - 30mg + 1 shell of strong, heady kava kava - 4th time

After an initial euphoric comeup, I felt slow and a bit sleepy all afternoon and evening. I played strategy card games with other people, and I was making simple mistakes for hours on end. I felt dull and really dumb.

+++++++++++++++

4C-D - 50mg orally - 5th time

No medication, caffeine, breakfast, nothing. Just some water and a tablet of ashwaganda first thing in the morning. I meditated for 40minutes beforehand.

So at about 7am, I took 50mg of 4C-D orally on an empty stomach. I had a hearty breakfast about 20-30min later.

In what I assume was about an hour, I got hit with a wave of something. I was playing cell phone games when the default mode network suppression kicked in. I was able to put the game down easily or pick it back up. My performance wasn't affected, but I felt significantly altered. Definite, strong +. It had a hint of a psychedelic quality and a suggestion of some visual gloss or static or sparkle, but it disappeared with any examination. I developed some physical energy, some bouncy, upbeat restlessness and some body and jaw tension (mild.) My body felt cool, shivery, tingly in a pleasurable way. My nonexistent libido became quite existent, and I had two orgasms within a short period of time. The second orgasm was fantastic. I felt some concern about going out and socializing with people in this state, but I think I will be fine. It's mostly marked by stimulation, physical sensations, a light euphoria, and a plateau stage psychedelia that's nondescript, kind of 2C-D like. I think 4C-B might be interesting for that reason (the limpid post peak mental state and the tactile qualities, not so much the dirty, brominated stimulation.)

This is stronger than previous trials at higher, staggered doses on a full stomach, and is unexpected. This time, however, I do not have any tolerance. I had planned on taking a psychedelic tomorrow, but now I suspect I might actually, unexpectedly get some tolerance from this experience.

As before, the onset is very pleasant, but the cloudy headedness and tense quality to the stimulation set in pretty quickly, making me feel more mixed about the space. It's certainly not all positive or completely transparent, but neither is it strong or noteworthy yet. I'm most impressed with its default mode network suppression, quieting my mind to just a single inner dialog.

I guess the intensity of this experience does give credence to my prior results at 30mg not being simply placebo. This is strong enough that I'm apprehensive about going to the gym with a friend in an hour and a half. Productivity for the day is shot, as I won't be able to concentrate, motivate, or focus enough in this state to get anything accomplished, nor do I have the executive skills for planning or complex tasks right now. That said, I do like the space and I think there could be applications. Long hikes on sunny days, concerts, etc.

I had a cup of strong tea before leaving the house at 10:30, which strangely eased my apprehensions somewhat (or the magnesium kicked in.) I also had some sublingual CBD, but I don't believe it had a perceivable effect. The mild anxiety that was present could have been due to the fact that I had two double shots of whiskey the night before, so there could be some rebound GABA activity going on. On the trip to the gym, I felt some stomach querries that approached but never became nausea. On the trip, it became apparent to me that this was in fact psychedelic in character, just kind of a shitty one. That said, the set and setting weren't good and I was hoping for a threshold dose not a strong + and having to go out in public. Perhaps in a different situation, I would appreciate the subtle cognitive psychedelia. When I arrived, I made conversation easily, but my buddy told me that I looked quite frazzled. I was famished when I arrived at the gym, so I ate a high calorie fruit and grain bar, which was hard to get down (but satisfied me for several hours.) I exercised for a bit, and I didn't even notice as I began to even out. My anxiety disappeared completely, as did my nervous energy now that I'd faced my fears and found a way of channeling that energy. At this point, it no longer felt like a psychedelic (although I'm sure it was) instead, it felt more like an empathogen of a sort. After a couple of hours, I normally would be wearing down, but today I found myself going even stronger. My muscle recruitment after two hours was as good as it would be after three days of consecutive training, and I wasn't suffering any fatigue related performance declines. To the contrary, I was still performing well after three hours.

Mentally, I felt like it made me more prosocial, but a little dimwitted. Happy and bubbly, but dumb-- a bit like a golden retriever. My appetite was a back after three hours, but eating was still a little hard. I had a creamy lemon chicken soup and grilled cheese, and didn't think I was going to be able to eat the grilled cheese. After some time, I did manage to finish it along with another cup of tea.

1:50 Still feeling a strong plateau, but again, not a psychedelic one like the peak was. Caffeine again seems to have mellowed out the anxiety and the intensity a little for me, weirdly.

3:45-4:30 Drank a coke, which again seemed to mellow the effects, dramatically this time. Still plateau

6pm - Effects mostly over or indistinguishable from caffeine

9:40 - Actually feel like the caffeine may have worn off and I can still detect remant shoulder tension and mild stimulation from the 4C-D. WTF? At least I'm yawning and can probably sleep soon.

Overview: others have said that 4C-D even at doses 2.5x the dose I took feel light, just like a 4hr come-up that never materializes. While I think that is an apt description, this was decidedly not "mild." I would characterize this as a quite idiosyncratic reaction, and I wouldn't make any generalizations based on it. I have previously taken this at a higher (staggered) dose and found it to be much more mild (albeit with tolerance.) I do not know why this experience was so unusually strong and particularly so long lasting.

Update: took 5-MeO-MET nine days later and may possibly have had tolerance from this experience. It was a low dose, but the experience was light even for that and was over in just a few hours. Who knows?

Last edited:
Sounds like it really shines for you at 30mg. I also found that when I increased the dosage, it became a little more jangly without really any more payoff. I think it is quite likely that for most, it's simply a subtle thing, and less is more. I actually want to try it at like 10mg, and see what happens.