• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive 48 hours off of Suboxone... First Methadone dose Wed AM ... There is a God

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I ran out of Suboxone Friday night and today I have been nothing less of dying, I am supposed to start Methadone wednesday morning.

So as usual when I get really dope sick I started flipping tables and searching the floor, cabinets, etc.. in a panic.

For ONCE in my life THIS MISSION WAS SUCCESSFUL. my dad had hid some of my suboxone in a cabinet in the kitchen and I last resort went in and searched and low and behold...

BOOM. A FULL UNOPENED SUBOXONE STRIP.

I basically came my pants. There is a God.

The clinic wanted me 72 hours off suboxone before my intake but honestly there's no reason it matters in my opinion. I'll have to switch over and adjust to methadone regardless, and this way I don't have to suffer.

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else been sick as fuck and found something to save the day? it's quite an exhilarating feeling

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else been sick as fuck and found something to save the day? it's quite an exhilarating feeling

Yes. A couple times, but the absolute best time was when I was deathly dope sick for three days and I went in desperation to search my car. I had bought a gram over a week earlier, and he gave me it in two half gram bags I guess, one must have dropped between the door and seat because I wound up calling him and telling him I only got a half gram - which he actually made up the difference.

Anyways, I get down to the car and am litetally frantically praying this hail mary shot will come up with even a tiny rock to make the pain and withdrawals stop.

And then, I spotted the bag.

This beautiful half gram bag of beautiful heroin #4. I almost cried. I will never, ever forget that.

I had to actually sniff some of it I was so sick before I could even IV it.

That's odd they want you to be off suboxone for 3 days to start methadone. I had always assumed one could easily jump right over when going in that direction.

I'm guessing it has to do with the high affinity and long half-life of buprenorphine, but whatever the reason, what a completely unrealistic request for someone to stay in hell for 3 days.

I'm guessing it has to do with the high affinity and long half-life of buprenorphine, but whatever the reason, what a completely unrealistic request for someone to stay in hell for 3 days.

But wouldn't the suboxone just block the methadone till it didn't anymore, in which case you would be transferring from a partial to a full agonists, which shouldt cause withdrawal.

But wouldn't the suboxone just block the methadone till it didn't anymore, in which case you would be transferring from a partial to a full agonists, which shouldt cause withdrawal.

That’s exactly what I thought like why ask this? I may not get the full effects of methadone for a few days but at least I won’t be sick until it starts working. They said I could get really sick but honestly I doubt that

I ran out of Suboxone Friday night and today I have been nothing less of dying, I am supposed to start Methadone wednesday morning.

So as usual when I get really dope sick I started flipping tables and searching the floor, cabinets, etc.. in a panic.

For ONCE in my life THIS MISSION WAS SUCCESSFUL. my dad had hid some of my suboxone in a cabinet in the kitchen and I last resort went in and searched and low and behold...

The clinic wanted me 72 hours off suboxone before my intake but honestly there's no reason it matters in my opinion. I'll have to switch over and adjust to methadone regardless, and this way I don't have to suffer.

Hang tight OpiK, hopefully medication switching will benefit you. Weird they'd keep you 72 hours in full ass wd to switch to methadone. Wouldn't it be the opposite that could be a problem with precipitated WDs? Going from methadone to Suboxone?

That’s exactly what I thought like why ask this? I may not get the full effects of methadone for a few days but at least I won’t be sick until it starts working. They said I could get really sick but honestly I doubt that

I don't know the reasoning? They very well could be right. Though I don't understand how it would work. I've been given enough misinformation over the years to be very skeptical of the medical community. Good luck with the methadone. I was on it for the better part of 10yrs.

Hang tight OpiK, hopefully medication switching will benefit you. Weird they'd keep you 72 hours in full ass wd to switch to methadone. Wouldn't it be the opposite that could be a problem with precipitated WDs? Going from methadone to Suboxone?

Yes exactly I know the other way around can cause the worst PWD known to man, but I’ve found no research or anyone’s experience stating taking Suboxone then methadone is dangerous at all. I’m just gonna tell the doctor it’s been 72 hours and hope he doesn’t realize I’m really not withdrawaling

Lmk how the transfer and methadone works out for you. I don't know if you saw my edited post but I was on methadone for about 10yrs.

Yes exactly I know the other way around can cause the worst PWD known to man, but I’ve found no research or anyone’s experience stating taking Suboxone then methadone is dangerous at all. I’m just gonna tell the doctor it’s been 72 hours and hope he doesn’t realize I’m really not withdrawaling

Could it possibly be similar to the reason they tell you to be going into withdrawal when you start subs? Maybe dosage related? Speaking out my ass here really, haven't done MMT.

They probably just like to watch us squirm though for real, fuggin doctors 😑

Yes, once was depressed the day after running out of heroin after a gram used over 3 days or so. Things were so bleak, and my gf surprised me that she had set some of mine aside. I think I literally clicked my heels for joy.