• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin 4 Month Heroin Addiction Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rules

Bluelighter
My friend is trying to get off heroin but he's unsure what to expect from the withdrawals. he has been using four months every day usually like 0.1 to 0.2g he says. i'm really not sure what to tell him but does anyone know what he should be expecting from his withdrawals?

is he IVing? that does not seem like a lot. maybe 1-2 bags a day?

looks like 3 days of annoyance to me. than just a few days of slight mental fuck.

but everyone reacts differently.

He shouldn't expect anything. The mental aspect of withdrawal is one of the worst parts, and the anticipation of bad withrawals makes it worse. Everybody is different, so there is no use in them hyping it up in their mind. Telling them to expect 3 shitty days of withdrawal doesn't really help them much.

Now that doesn't mean that they shouldn't prepare for withdrawals. Also, does he mean 1 or 2 bags, or .1-.2? We discussed the actual size of bags recently, so if it is the former it really shouldn't be bad, and if it's the latter it shouldn't be much worse. Tell him to get some loperamide to help, but that's all that I would take in the opiate department. Other than that I would tell him to get something to help with sleep.

The worst case scenario that he could expect is; aching bones, restless legs, runny nose and eyes, changes in body temperature such as one minute feeling hot & then cold, feeling cold yet sweating then hot but shivering as if cold.
Stomach cramps,the shits,throwing up. Inability to eat or sleep.
Basically these are the worst symptoms that could be expected but he may not experience any of these or only a few of them.
It usually depends on how much you've been using and for how long.
Hope this helps,you usually start to feel better by day 4 or 5.

Yeah, four months of doing that little.. it won't be very bad. Minor symptoms and totally bearable with simple OTC meds like loperamide and naproxen.

You might run into problems if you don't taper after 4 months of use. Is your friend tapering or did the supply run out?

Four months of straight use .2 is the average I'm sure op used more during certain periods and less in others. But it still sucks especially the mental which is paws and definitely fucks you up for a while.

He will be fine. The more someone freaks out over withdrawals, the worse it will be and want to keep using. You should tell him that he will be ok otherwise he may try to cop. Worst thing anyone can do when using a drug is anticipate withdrawals lol. It's a mental thing. And maybe he will catch flu from bad weather on dayn2 or 3? No big deal.

Edit: And we know it's you you don't have to make up a story lol

Last edited:
The first time one goes through withdrawal seems to be the worst because there is no internal reference for how bad it will get till it lets up. Words and descriptions don't seem to do it justice.

The thing to be concerned about here isn't the first withdrawal. It's the budding heroin addiction. You're not going to get a straight answer, who even knows what was in that shit. It's not pure diamorphine by any means and often contains other active compounds so it's pretty much guesswork.​

And what??? The first time going through opiate withdrawal is by far the easiest, it gets physically more brutal and longer each time. So people get off scott free the first time, and then go on thinking that it's fine to keep using. It is only when the withdrawals become unbearable, when most people actually want to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.