• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4'-methylrolicyclidine, can anyone contribute?

Asante

Bluelighter
4'-methylrolicyclidine.jpg

Friends, I'm going to tell you a strange tale and ask your assistance. Back when I was a little kid I was a bit of a prodigy, I devoured chemistry books, I saw them as a natural followup to playing with LEGO, atoms as building blocks. As a young teen I devoured chemistry text books for higher education.. You get the gist.

At age 13 I felt compelled to buy a bottle of Ether (a NMDA antagonist) and inhale its contents. Usage of ether gave me fantastic visions, it shifted my chemistry interest to pharmacology and drugs, but there was more. I was receiving glimpses subtle and not to subtle of the future in those trips, and then in dreams and to my utmost astonishment, over the course of more than 30 years since, many of those things came painstakingly true, down to the details. But lets not digress too much.

One thing occurred over and over again: A molecule danced and rotated before my eyes from all direations, throbbing in the beat of my heart, and what sounded like an angelic chorus kept joyously singing: "4 methyl! 4 methyl! Roli! Roli!", and this over and over to have me memorize and never forget. This was something. This was something that would play a role in my life., would play a role in the world.

I grew older and wiser and whatever I could find on the subject pointed in the direction that this very straightforward analogue of the scheduled Rolicyclidine would not just be active, it would be very active, and very probably it would have a strong sedative and NMDA antagonist effects that would catapult the user into a deep hole without any stimulant resistance. A Dreamer's Dissociative, for a deep Hole In One.

In 2011 I got into MXE, another dissociative, and it kept on hammering on this particular molecule, on occasion singing the same mnemonic song, pushing my focus on it, that it was important.
All the SAR info I have read points to it being active and strongly dissociative.

Now in 2019 I have quit using dissociatives. I had the plan to have it made and test it, but now I feel compelled to not use a single dose of Dissocuative in my life again. I felt its role was played out in my life, I should focus on sobriety instead. But I had to do something with this molecule and I'm doing it right now.

Consider this post a lost kitty poster in the neighborhood: HAVE YOU SEEN THIS ARYLCYCLOHEXYLAMINE?

Was it synthesized in small circulation somewhere, have you read some old Parke Davis research where it was mentioned, does it even have a CAS number, anything at all?

Bluelighter Adder once made an overview of arylcyclohexylamines he said to have tried, and this one was among them, but people have widely called some of his research into question asthings were subsequently made and acted different than advertized.

Has anyone seen this research chemical? It is Rolicyclidine with a methyl group on the 4-position of the cyclohexane ring. Its 1-(1-phenyl-4-methylcyclohexyl)pyrrolidine. 4'-methylrolicyclidine, 4-MRC for short. Its completely legal worldwide except in some places as an analog of the scheduled Rolicyclidine. I have this urge that people may know more and that this is something important, a big one.

If so many things of those trips didnt have come true in the minutest detail I wouldnt bother you all with this. In any case its 99% sure to be a rock solid RC.

Does anybody have another sighting, on paper or at large, other than Adder's monograph in that thread from many years ago?

Private messages and confidentiality offered if you know stuff that you rather not say publically, but I have zero interest in taking a dissociative again at this point so no "offers" thank you.

This has been on my mind since I was a little kid riding Falkor on ether, help me out

2023 edit: My Spirit Guide, that-who-calls-itself-God, announced in no uncertain terms that the generic name of 4'-methylrolicyclidine is going to be Omnicyclidine in reference to Omnicyclion, the book it as God wrote through me. It intends this dissociative as a Sacred Medicine for the adherents to the paradigm of Omnicyclion and the Promise it holds - Omnicyclians, but only to those who seek the guidance this Medicine offers, because like any strong Dissociative it has a degree of harm potential.

<3

Last edited:
So guys, I went and put 4'-methylrolicyclidine through Swiss Target Prediction, and look what came out:

4´-methylrolicyclidine SwissTargetPrediction 10%.jpg

Then I contrasted it with a profile the STP knew, Phencyclidine, PCP. This came out:

PCP SwissTargetPrediction.jpg

Note that roughly the same targets are hit by 4'-methylrolicyclidine as by PCP, and roughly in the same order of probability too.

Swiss Target Prediction software thinks too that the molecule spinning before the 13yo ether kid's eyes potentially might be a winner, as in a hardcore Dissociative.

SMILES CC1CCC(CC1)(N1CCCC1)C1=CC=CC=C1 by the way, saves people a draw.

Sweet Dreams are Made Of This?

Xorkoth said:

I mean I'd be surprised if it isn't a working and potent dissociative given what we know about rolicyclidine itself, and the effects of substitutions to the two rings.

Yes its a complete bell-ringer as for strong activity,. I'm 99% confident just looking at the thing knowing what I know, and the Swiss Target Prediction software just underlined that.
As things stand now I don't want to ingest anymore dissociatives, so forking over a thousand bucks and having a lab custom synthesize a batch and bioassaying it up to active levels is just not for me .
Maybe its been out though, maybe someone knows more, and maybe someone reading this might get as hypnotized by the molecule as I've been since my early teens and decide to take it some steps further.

As far as I knew, the molecule was not described online in any way, other than Adder including it in a list of logical analogues to explore. If I wont persue the molecule myself I might as well ask the people if they know more, and in doing so, getting that structure thats been dancing in my trips for almost 35 years, known in the world. I was in a dissociative state (ether) when it came to me, perhaps the Dissociative state has its own means to expand its own Kingdom. Stranger things have happened.
If anyone feels a calling regading this molecule, go right ahead, as far as I'm concerned the Dissociative state itself was its creator, not I,. so all rights are up in the air (unless theres an old parke-davis patent locking it down as theirs)

Wasn't Fast&Bulbous dissociated when the molecule of MXE fell into place? The synthesis of PCP, the parent compound, was an "accidental" discovery. Maybe the Dissociative world furthers its own agenda, in any case, I'm doing my part because I owe much quality of life to my Entheogenic dissociative experiences of the past 8 years. They could do for me what psychedelics could not: get me through the perinatal matrices, through the ego death sequences into the transpersonal realm (Grofian model) The addictive side of dissociatives actually was an ally: it pushed me towards regularly going through the motions until my cookies were baked, and then I had an 180' turn and at once was no longer addicted but determined to quit.

To a star, getting ripped to shreds into an accretion disk by a black hole is an ecstatic experience.

Enough laps round the black hole for me, I've gotten what I could get and arrived at the point of diminishing returns. Now comes to time to sober up and Ace sobriety like I Aced dissociation, my life needs me with a polarized midbrain for now

It doesn't seem to be in the scientific literature or in any patent.

Thank you for combing through it! Indeed, I could find nothing of the sort which is weird considering its is such an extremely straightforward modification and a 4'-alkyl of the cyclohexane is explored in compounds like the ultrapotent narcotic Bromadol (which is very dissimilar)

Indeed, I could find nothing of the sort which is weird considering its is such an extremely straightforward modification and a 4'-alkyl of the cyclohexane is explored in compounds like the ultrapotent narcotic Bromadol (which is very dissimilar)
Yeah, especially since 4-methylcyclohexanone is a dirt-cheap food additive.

Yup, 4-methylcyclohexanone is a common catalogue chemical, nothing too fancy and currently not used for any recreational drugs of commerce. Easy peasy.

3-Me-1,5-pentanol -> dibromide -> Grignard, react with N-benzoylpyrrolidine... saves you having to work with labile organocyanides

bis-grignard reaction with tertiary benzoyl amides is rather slick if I do say so myself...

Thats a good one, but one could also go the enamine salt method: distil 4-methylcyclohexanone with pyrrolidine and a pinch p-toluenesulfonic acid to an enamine, then make a HBr or p-tosyl salt thereof and react with phenyl grignard.
But thats synth talk, thats frowned upon here I believe, the lab boys have no end to methods because arylcyclohexylamines are highly accessible from all sorts of synthetic angles. The one you propose was sweet, yes!

I hope it will find its way. The word is out now, but these are exciting times with so many analogues and even new families being discovered.

I'll welcome any novel dissociatives as long as they aren't extremely potent or toxic... 😊

Interesting thing about the dissoverse finding ways to manipulate memories. I felt like this might be possible too on things like DCK, at the very least creativity and cognitive flexibility is much increased and in flux so interesting things can happen.. For me, my brain has its problems to make sense out of these disso findings though...

2023 revisit: My Spirit Guide, that-who-calls-itself-God, announced in no uncertain terms that the generic name of 4'-methylrolicyclidine is going to be Omnicyclidine in reference to Omnicyclion, the book it as God wrote through me. It intends this dissociative as a Sacred Medicine for the adherents to the paradigm of Omnicyclion and the Promise it holds - Omnicyclians, but only to those who seek the guidance this Medicine offers, because like any strong Dissociative it has a degree of harm potential.