• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-Methylmethcathinone, is it on customs prohibited import list?

as you would know yourself tabagula the world of LE is a strange and unpredictable place, afaik no one has been charged yet for 4-mmc possesion despite some quite big seizures. it was interesting to note that the qld police decided not to use the analog clause instead calling it a derivative of cathinone which is in the same schedule as cannabis. (of course making 4-mmc from cathinone would be ridiculous but theoreticlly possible.
Thanks for the info about the TGA though of course that does not relate to LEbut to state health bodies and poisons legislation.

as you would know yourself tabagula the world of LE is a strange and unpredictable place

Oh yes!

afaik no one has been charged yet for 4-mmc possesion despite some quite big seizures.

yes, this is quite curious.

it was interesting to note that the qld police decided not to use the analog clause instead calling it a derivative of cathinone which is in the same schedule as cannabis. (of course making 4-mmc from cathinone would be ridiculous but theoreticlly possible.

In Qld they've mixed the two terms up in a way to mean the same thing.

a thing that has a chemical structure that is substantially
similar to the chemical structure of a thing referred to in
paragraph (a) or (b) and that has a substantially similar
pharmacological effect;

So yeah, as long as the structure LOOKS similar and has similar pharmacological action then you're nailed.

As for chemically deriving one substance from another, this has been dealt with in previous cases and the legal standard is that derivative means structural derivative. ie if the structure looks similar then it's a derivative.

Thanks for the info about the TGA though of course that does not relate to LEbut to state health bodies and poisons legislation.

They keep stating this over and over, but in fact that's not true. In most states the SUSDP S8 and S9 are automatically enacted in the drug schedules of the state. ie the TGA does indeed make drug law. Not in Qld though.
What the TGA are trying to do with their denial of the accusation that they make drug law is that to point out that states have veto rights on all TGA schedulings. eg, in WA the drug act enacts the schedules and then add to them. In other states the state law subtracts from the TGA schedules [rare though].

afaik no one has been charged yet for 4-mmc possesion despite some quite big seizures.

tadfish was telling us last year that people have been raided by the Federal police. It is in the Neo Doves Part II thread. Page 20, post #500.

I tried to link the post but made a mess of it.

Last edited:
Why import it anyway? It seems to be pretty readily available within Australia

I have never heard of anybody over here having it before... Also I think the reason why he may import it is because it would be a hell of a lot cheaper, I don't know whether you have got vendor sites or not but it is pretty darn dirt cheap to buy on line.

@tabaluga

In Qld they've mixed the two terms up in a way to mean the same thing.

a thing that has a chemical structure that is substantially
similar to the chemical structure of a thing referred to in
paragraph (a) or (b) and that has a substantially similar
pharmacological effect;

i've followed the changes to the queensland legislation closely, in the early parlamentary drafts it was substantially similar OR a similar effect. Looks like the geeks in the AG's office took note of the court decitions in the USA which amended the congress legislation that it could be either or.

As for chemically deriving one substance from another, this has been dealt with in previous cases and the legal standard is that derivative means structural derivative. ie if the structure looks similar then it's a derivative.

What cases? if what you say is true then there would not be any need for analog legislation, in fact the wording of salt, stereo-isomer and derivative in various legislation suggests that the intention of law follows the english definition of the word ie derived from. i would be interested in the court case you are alluding to, having found no trace on austlii.

tabaluga might be referring to a old NSW court of appeal regarding manufacture of 2CB. Analogue legislation was well tested in that case, which set a precedent on how interpretation of "analogue" and "derivative" was in relation to law. Common English overrides the scientific use of the term. Biscuit provide a link to that transcript, earlier on in this thread here but it's now dead. I may have archived it, but it would take a bit to find. If anyone else can access it, might save time, something I'm very short off atm.

It is not illegal in WA under WA laws, that is for certain. Of course as someone said earlier, the day it is added to schedule 9 of the national SUSDP, it becomes an illegal drug to which the Misuse of Drugs Act applies.

I have never heard of anybody over here having it before... Also I think the reason why he may import it is because it would be a hell of a lot cheaper, I don't know whether you have got vendor sites or not but it is pretty darn dirt cheap to buy on line.

I have seen/heard alot about this drug in recents times.

I have only tried it once (snorted maybe 50mg) and was horny as all fuck!

It's on my dodgey list

Give me MDMA or MDPV any day

mephedrone in oz

i'm back in oz for a couple of months and thinking of ordering some meph from overseas. just wondering if anyone know its legal status here or has had any trouble with custom before?
thanks so much

cheers lil angel :)

i've seen a post on another forum by someone who managed to get bubbleluv, and said he was waiting on another international shipment too. unfortunately the forum is closed so cant verify it. bubbleluv is a bit shit anyway.

i guess it comes down to luck and how they package it?

It is not illegal in WA under WA laws, that is for certain. Of course as someone said earlier, the day it is added to schedule 9 of the national SUSDP, it becomes an illegal drug to which the Misuse of Drugs Act applies.

This is very much correct. There are no analogue laws in the Misuse of Drugs Act (WA) 1981.

BUT this will only save u from charges by State police for things such as possession.

You will still attract the ire of Federal Police if you receive the drug through the postal system (even if source is Australian based), use a telecommunications device to procure it etc. These brings u within the Cth's legislative power and thus you can be charged under Federal Legislation which does have analogue laws

What is it with Australia? It seems the Government is always trying to protect us from ourselves. I prefer the more laissez-faire model Governments of other countries have. If you want to try something new, okay but if u die that's your problem. If too many people die, well that's when we will step in.

:X

If I was t order 2 grams to New Zealand, what's the likley hood I'll see police at my door?

Regards

SWIM contacted the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) in response to the legality of importing 4-mmc (mephedrone, 1-(4-methylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one).

They have indicated the following link showing prohibited imports and exports within this country: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/ocs-treaties-compliance-prohibited-impexp-precursor.htm

No where is mephedrone stated on this list as a precursor or prohibited drug. Do i then take their word for it? or can the pencil pusher behind the desk ignore responsability? and void SWIM's chance of pleading ignorant?

Its been said many times. Any bloody drug that is similar in structure to an illegal one is banned. USA, AUS and NZ. 3 worst countries to import things into.

Can anyone actually pick apart new zealand law on that one?

i have really heard very little about cath drugs and nz, and was wondering the same thing.. sustanon, unless you ACTUALLY know, don't open your mouth.

NZs governing is quite a bit different to australia, following the uk moreso than the usa like here. i live in nz for a grand total of 6 years, and i must say - enjoyed it and it's legal system alot more.

If i didn't have a child here now, i'd probably have already moved back

Can anyone actually pick apart new zealand law on that one?

i have really heard very little about cath drugs and nz, and was wondering the same thing.. sustanon, unless you ACTUALLY know, don't open your mouth.

NZs governing is quite a bit different to australia, following the uk moreso than the usa like here. i live in nz for a grand total of 6 years, and i must say - enjoyed it and it's legal system alot more.

If i didn't have a child here now, i'd probably have already moved back

I have a few friends who own headshops there. When u lived there which im guessing wasnt recently, they have changed there laws regarding legal highs. They are following AU laws. Just look at what happened to piperazines over there and all the other legal party pills. UK is not very strict at all and analogue laws dont even exist there. Also take a look at what most Research Chem suppliers state. No shipping to USA, Australia or NZ and sometimes to a few EU countries. Do u think i just pulled that info out of my ass? lol

I have a few friends who own headshops there. When u lived there which im guessing wasnt recently, they have changed there laws regarding legal highs. They are following AU laws. Just look at what happened to piperazines over there and all the other legal party pills. UK is not very strict at all and analogue laws dont even exist there. Also take a look at what most Research Chem suppliers state. No shipping to USA, Australia or NZ and sometimes to a few EU countries. Do u think i just pulled that info out of my ass? lol

Sustanon is correct. The whole Piperazine debacle pretty much changed NZ's drug policy. They now have one similar to Australia's.

I have a few family there and they are getting a bit alarmed at some of the crackdowns on human rights and drug laws in general. Sounds like NZ's legal system is becoming more and more like Australia's, a sad thing really :<