• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

4-Methylaminorex (4-MAR) Nootropic & Creativity

paracelsius

Greenlighter
I have been fascinated by this unique class of stims for a while. Here is what MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelics Studies) has to say re: 4-MAR
"4-methyl aminorex produces a very long-lasting experience of about sixteen hours that is characterized by an increase in attention and an enhanced ability to recall, analyze and process information. What distinguishes 4-methyl aminorex from other substances like caffeine and nicotine, which also have these effects though to a lesser degree, is its effect on emotions. The 4-methyl aminorex experience resembles a low dose of MDMA in that it helps alleviate anxiety. 4-methyl aminorex enhances that aspect of intellectual work that questions, probes and explores the unknown. Some users are reporting that it helps remove 'writer's block'." MAPS
Anybody who tried 4-MAR noticed increase in creativity like the type MAPS are talking about. Not only standard stim like attention focus..etc. More like a psychedelics type increase in creativity ie "thinking outside the box" "seeing the big picture" "questioning probing the unknown"..etc. Could 4-MAR also have some 5-HT2a activity like standard psychs? Or could that be due to 5-HT release??

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I have always wanted to try 4-MAR, but I've never come across it or met anyone who has.

paracelsius

Greenlighter
^ won't blame you. It is quite obscure as far as RCs go. it was available in some Dutch headshops until now that Dutch also putting blanket ban on RCs. but imo they're overlooked especially 4-MAR. pretty unique class among stims/psych/empathogens: not quite MDMA or meth/cathinones, coke or psychs. really different experiences!