• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MC (4-methylcathinone / nor-mephedrone)

Is that how khat leaves degrade? To cathine? I always thought this mechanism was mainly proposed because it was what happened in khat leaves.

Though now you mention it I haven't ever seen a proper reference.

IIRC khat leaves' cathinone degrades to cathine over time. The same thing happens in the brain to cathinones and methcathinones due to cathinone reductase (ie, Ph-(C=0)-R --> Ph-[C(OH)H]-R).

I think this better then 4-mec :) But has nothing to do with 4mmc or 3mmc.

Slight vasoconstriction and hear rate lift. Anyway I had this story with heart and this made it even more uncomfortable. A little bit nauseous even. But this might be only me as my condition is not on top level.I am not the youngest and this also influenced it am sure.

If you looking something euphoric and horny talkative etc. Look somewhere else. Nothing like methylone or other mmcs ...

After 2 hours my heartrate and BP is again normal. Soft stuff. Would not buy again

Vasocon

talking to vika. "I have this substance in front of me.. what do I do?" lol

I bet the proper dose is around 100 mg for this, nasal at least.

Oh. Lol. My bad. I missed that somehow.

I think this better then 4-mec :) But has nothing to do with 4mmc or 3mmc.

Slight vasoconstriction and hear rate lift. Anyway I had this story with heart and this made it even more uncomfortable. A little bit nauseous even. But this might be only me as my condition is not on top level.I am not the youngest and this also influenced it am sure.

If you looking something euphoric and horny talkative etc. Look somewhere else. Nothing like methylone or other mmcs ...

After 2 hours my heartrate and BP is again normal. Soft stuff. Would not buy again

Vasocon

Well thanks for testing it and posting it up here anyways. I'm always interested in new and novel chemicals, it's just a shame that so many of them end up being garbage.

What would the dose be then? I'd then just try it out once before I throw it away. I have it anyway.

Mephedrone was the perfect balance (I mainly refer to the pre-ban & pre-India synth) of everything involved with getting you high on it. No one has yet to find a chemical that can take its throne. I would guess that it would at least be more serotonergic but I won't bother speculating because Im not too well versed in cathinone's specific monoamine affinity changes with structure alterations. But I'm one of the believers in something extra going on with the China Mephedrone and the nice Powder Snow mephedrone that made it so god damn fucking wonderful. Once I had to start buying the big crystal chunks from India, I noticed a huge difference in effects, euphoria and fun. Point being: if it is indeed pure 4-MC, and remained stable for you, I doubt it will be what many expect it to be.

I wouldn't doubt if it basically felt like a faster acting version of 4-MEC, which I think is a shit chem. But I've been a negative nancy so I will see my way out

We should be seeing some reviews anytime soon, a big vendor is giving out free samples of it. I'm quite interested in it, since I didn't get my hands on mephedrone back then

More than 2 weeks have passed and the samples should have arrived by now. Is anyone willing to share his experience, with this specific compound? Is it active at all? Is it really that unstable? There are plenty of people interested in your​ research ;)

Cathinones with primary amines are incredibly unstable. If I recall correctly the Ketone/Amines of adjacent molecules form a dimer in a condensation reaction. That's why beta-ketone 2C-x drugs haven't been synthed and the all RC cathinones are have secondary amines.
We have a counterexample now: bk-2C-B.

This is the reaction I'm thinking of, but I could be horribly wrong.

y9uPuwc.png
Unfortunately, this picture is no more. :(

Last edited:
I think in khat it's an enzyme that catalyzes the reduction, in synthetic drugs this is not a problem. On the other hand, dimerization should be less of a problem in khat but more of a problem when concentrations are high like in extracts or synthetics. Best to keep it cold and out of the light. Bk-2C-B is not a great example because it indeed does seem to dimerize which makes it purple and dosage can be notoriously unreliable, although this dimerization is possibly pH-dependent so could maybe be reversed before it results in degradation.
Perhaps it's best if they press this into pills which are then refrigerated.

Even better is probably to just forget about it as cathinones like mephedrone and this and the adrenergic ephedrine like metabolites they create are terrible for your cardiovascular system.