• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 4 Days of 20MG Omeprazole use Huge increase in Anxiety And suspected blood pressure?

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I used extra amounts of My maintenance Benzodiazepine Dose So it hard to tell if it was just the extra Alcohol during Christmas causing Rebound Symptoms but it's been 2 Days since Christmas MY ANXIETY IS THROUGH THE ROOF! I A frequent twitching of My eyelids but no where else on My body it seems which seems weird for Me since I usually feel muscle twitches all over My body during Benzo Withdrawal. I Am making an assumption that I have had Heart problems recently which I see the Dr. for to where A Heart Monitor And stuff for on Jan. 7th And it feels Like My Blood Pressure is Increased And I Read on Google someone who said they Experienced these problems the VERY MOMMENT AFTER taking Omeprazole And then I Read about other Posts on various Forums with A Non-Specific time frame for any Symptoms specifically Like this.

Now if it is the Omeprazole ALL I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO LAST? If it is not Omeprazole I don't want to hear "Your just freaking out since I took it for months and I Am fine bro!" It shouldn't cause any problems but the only way to find out is when your in A barely functioning state of never ending Benzo popping with No relief so I think it was either rebound effect from the alcohol and extra benzos were A LOT more intense than anticipated Like never before I have experienced the countless times I have I have used extra with way more than I have this time compared to My maintenance Benzo Dose. Or I Am Experiencing Omeprazole Anxiety either one is very possible hence I thought would see what everyone's experiences are of those that were negative even if it had No increase in anxiety i would like to know anything negative when trying Omeprazole for first time.

Now being Anxious and Scared please no scary WORSE CASE SCENARIO Posts of possible RARE SIDE EFFECTS UNLESS someone here has experienced these RARE SIDE-EFFECTS PERSONALLY AND OR KNOW of it to be Life-Threatening And THAT FOR certain I need Urgent Care otherwise ask for additional information.

Last edited:
Not sure why you believe Omeperazole to be a causative factor in whatever is going on. The main issues regarding antacids like omeperazole or cimetadine is inhibition of CYP3A4 or CYP2C19, the enzymes that metabolize drugs like oxycodone, valium & klonopin, causing Increased levels and/or half lives. Not a sudden drop that would result in a withdrawal syndrome, panic attack or cardiac event. Clonazepam is metabolized extensively via nitroreduction by cytochrome P450 enzymes.

In any event we would need to know more than "I took Omeperazole, read some scary stories on google and now I think it's killing me". Are you on any other medications that might be responsible or interacting?

Because issues from Omeperazole by itself is highly implausible. By all means seek medical attention if you believe something is seriously wrong, but I would look elsewhere for the cause then a new antacid.

Blepharospasm:
Eyelid TwitchTypically a unilateral slight spasm of your lower or upper eyelid, or occasionally both eyelids, is common, of no concern, and usually resolves in a few days. This can be associated with lack of sleep, stress, or excess caffeine.
https://www.umkelloggeye.org/conditions-treatments/eyelid-spasms-eye-twitching-or-eye-twitch

I was having a panic attack when I made this thread I should of just titled "Anyone have bad interaction immediately after using Omeprazole?" But Like I said I was not thinking clearly as you can see.

Well I have been Reading some people complaining of anxiety when using Omeprazole And I just Read about someone having to switch to Ranitidine And that caused Anxiety like to the point they could not tolerate it. I did not get any specific timelines I don't know if these people are talking about months of taking it Or the first Days starting it.

But why do you think Omeprazole a potentially dangerous drug to the body for some people that can't tolerate could not possibly be causing it?

I THINK it is just rebound anxiety out the ass But I have never experienced anything like this Eye twitching is something I have plenty of experience with.

Last edited:
The only commonality I've seen so far in short term users is regular Lyrica or Gabapentin use before the Omeprazole or other PPI/ H2 antagonist, as antacids interfere with the absorption of them, esp gabapentin. In those cases I can see it being akin to a drastic dose drop or cessation hence the anxiety. In most other cases it was 8 months, 2 years, 1 year, pretty much all over the place which might reflect a possible nutrient or vitamin deficiency but nothing that stands out as obvious.

The subject of gastric pH has come up before but the benzos aren't all that pH dependent for absorption.

I would Like To Know How Much If AT ALL Acidity PH In The Stomach And Or Eating Food At Or Close Enough To The Same Time As Dosing Clonazepam Or Temazepam as I have them Prescribed But Use Others For Example I Read On Valium It Says it Slows Absorption But To Be Safe Take On Empty Stomach For Maximum Effects..... I just Do Not Have A Clear Answer Nobody Seems To Know If An Acidic Stomach With Food In It Would Make Benzos Like Clonazepam Absorb Less And I would Assume It Would OBVIOUSLY Slow Down How Long The Peak And Full Effects Take To Fully Take Effect On The Body But If ANYBODY HAS SPECIFIC ANSWERS AND OR POSSIBLE HELPFUL SOURCES IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ME A LOT! Thank You For All And Any Help Everyone!

I don't think gastric pH effects absorbtion of clonazepam or temazepam because they are still freebases in the acid environment of the stomach, but having fatty stuff in your stomach might make the absorbtion take longer. I don't think it decreases the total BA, just the duration to peak.

Put the clonazepam under your tongue?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-Stomach-For-Mainly-Clonazepam-And-Temazepams

^ Those questions I made were LITERALLY YEARS ago... I don't see how they have anything at all to do with this Thread And My questions?

Considering that I don't know if your assuming something based on pasts posts of My GABAPentin Prescription which I strictly use for Sleep And only Sleep not for Anxiety And this A Medication which I have No problem completely stopping the use of My GABAPentin And have plenty of times without any problems even before I was Prescribed it I Loved it Recreationally without suffering any sign of Withdrawal Or Rebound Anxiety And now I can only use it for Sleep And Pain issues So that is 100% Not the problem.

I Am using the Omeprazole for CYP2C19 Inhibition I think you misunderstand Me completely I used A bit of extra Klonopin, Xanax And Ativan And the Wine is the biggest possible culprits for rebound anxiety I was not in anyway referring to the Proton Pump Inhibitor if that is what your thinking And somehow got from My Thread?

I Am worried due to the Fact that this is the first time I have ever used it beyond one Day And as the symptoms of Dry Mouth suggest And Google saying it takes 1-3 Days for the Full Effects to start working that I Am only now experience how My body is handling Omeprazole. I have NEVER experienced rebound symptoms from Alcohol use with extra Benzos ever before in My Life so I doubt that is the cause. My Anxiety I Am experiencing is THROUGH THE ROOF ATOMIC BOMB ANXIETY!

Are trying to say all the people who experienced Anxiety from Omeprazole was after Months of use since I have Read about claims of people having it happen right away through Forums that I forget the Names of.

I made A Thread about Rebound Stomach Acidity for Ranitidine And Omeprazole in Neuroscience and Pharmacology But I do not want to make A New Thread if I can get My answer in Other Drugs Sub-Forum instead of Posting another Thread about the same Substance so recently.

Can anyone tell Me how long 20MG for 3 Days And 40MG for a 4th Day of Omeprazole take to stop causing side-effects so I can know if it is the culprit Or not by taking into the account the time frame between the start of taking Omeprazole And the time of Systems dissipating completely.

Last edited:
I posted that old thread of yours to rule out that the Omeperazole might be screwing with your benzo absorption which would def cause a problem. It's a known fact it negates Gabapentin absorption, but my efforts to try and find a Logical reason for the Omeperazole causing issues doesn't seem to be gaining much traction with you. I will bow out and let you seek replies for others with Omeperazole troubles.

I would think twice about using Omeperazole for CYP2C19 inhibition for meds you currently take though, as it's only somewhat effective for Carisoprodol, Diazepam & Tapentadol. I was under the impression it was for a legitimate reason like GERD.

Best of Luck