Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-corners: Final call - Oldies making their own death drug

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
This program really blew me away.

It featured those elderly Australians who are intend to plan their own death. While the subject itself is controversial enough, the program also showed a group of these people at a remote (bush?) location synthesizing their "drug of choice" - pentobarbital. Akin to some illicit drug manufacturers, the group setup a large array of apparatus and while reading from an recipe, proceeded through various stages of the synthesis to finally crystallise the barbiturate.

For the inexperienced, a typical synthesis for phenobarbital is fraught with dangers, particularly if adequate ventilation is not provided. A toxic cyanide compound is usually the starting material, and metallic sodium is also used. Mention was made by one of the clandestine 'chemists' on how important it is to keep the sodium mixture anhydrous. These people - none of whom appear to be chemists - plod along regardless of the risks and eventually all end up with a measured quantity of the drug, which each intends to keep until the time comes where they wish to end their life.

You can find the transcript of the program here

Well i suppose even if the lab does blow up killing them all, they will all be happy as they are making a drug to kill tehmselves anyway hahah :)

Seriously though, its sad that its come to this. I mean im all for euthanasia, if these people are in pain, suffering a variety of ailments and have no quality of life, then whats the point of staying around? There are alot of other factors that come into play such as family and whether they are actually thinking rationally about what they are doing, but i believe if someone is truly suffering, why not let them take their own life?

Imagine being the cook. I could never do that
Unless I got all their pensions, houses and money.....

Excuse my ignorance, but why don't people wanting to kill themselves find themselves a huge bag of heroin and at least go out with a bang as they OD? Given a big enough dose surely you wouldn't even feel a thing..? If I ever consider euthanasia that's how I'd want to go...

Doooofus said:
Excuse my ignorance, but why don't people wanting to kill themselves find themselves a huge bag of heroin and at least go out with a bang as they OD? Given a big enough dose surely you wouldn't even feel a thing..? If I ever consider euthanasia that's how I'd want to go...

Im not sure about you, but im fairly sure your average 90 year old pensioner doesn't know any viet gangs and therefore probably cant source any smack. :|

Take a gram of liquid acid and see where you end up.

I imagine that would make them want to keep kicking. Acid would show them the positives of life haha, and they would probably scrap the whole "kill ourself" idea.

U can qcquire this chemical quite easily after i did a google search, why dont they just risk importing it.. its not like a 90yo is going to go to jail. and all they would get is a LL.