• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-Benzylpiperidine - 4-PMPD monoaminergic!!!

Draven26

Bluelighter
Anyone know anything about this monoaminergic!? It's a Dopamine and norepinephrine releasing agent. Antidepressant and analeptic.

^^ Tried a big dose and all it did was give me a sore throat.. give me blurry vision. It made my whole body tense and killed my appetite for 6 hours. I felt sketched out. Even doing an 8 ball of meth in one day doesn't feel as sketchy.. not for me at least. But that's besides the point.. Meth calms me the fuck down. Yes it gives me energy but I don't feel any kind of paranoia from it. But I was just wondering if this 4-PMPD was safe to take everyday and if it's best to mix it with something because I didn't get any kind of energy or euphoria from it. I at least want a little bit of energy from it because it did say it as a analeptic. I have 20 grams worth.. so I have a lot of the stuff lol just wondering if anyone else knew more about this stuff. I might try prolintane next.. hopefully I have better luck with that!

There are many stimulants that are also weak MAOI's, Amphetamine is an MAOI. I think by "monoaminergic, he's asking if it's a serotonin releaser, a monoamine releaser. Taking this daily sounds like a terrible idea though... especially if it caused all those side-effects you mentioned. You hardly know anything about it, yet you wanna start taking it everyday?

Well not every day but often.. like 2-3 times a week. I'm probably going to hold off for a while.. I just figured I have a lot of it and I want to try different doses and see how I respond but wanted to know if anyone else has heard of it or better yet.. tried it for that matter! I guess not though!

Mine just came this morning. I took a packed '00' cap 15 minutes ago with some apple juice. My stomach is starting to feel warm. Will update you later after I learn more about this drug.

Mine just came this morning. I took a packed '00' cap 15 minutes ago with some apple juice. My stomach is starting to feel warm. Will update you later after I learn more about this drug.

Awesome Dresden.. can't wait for your update! Thank you =D

Well, today and yesterday especially I took a shitload of it.
It is somewhat stimulating and somewhat relaxing.
Sleep was not possible till 5am, but once I fell asleep I did so soundly and for a long time.
It's like an entactogenic version of propylhexedrine but cheaper.
I fully expect 4-benzylpiperidine to start showing up as 'molly' in the near future.
The profit margin will be huge.
I am on it right now.

Is this a research chemical or like legal stimulant like DMAA type substance? What compound would you most closely compare the effects to?

It's some crappy stimulant with a structure similar to BZP. In fact, structurally it is just BZP with one of the nitrogen atoms replaced by a carbon.

So expect it to be sort of amphetamine like. I would expect it to be much better as a stimulant than e.g. DMAA or propylhexidrine, but that's not very hard to do, because those are absolute garbage anyway. When pseudoephedrine has a better effects profile you know you have some dirty drugs...

It doesn't really remind me of another drug, but it does release dopamine. It is a research chemical. It's also better than 90 percent of the crap that gets passed off as 'molly' these days.

The binding affinity numbers look pretty good (IIRC, only 2:1 ratio of preference for NE over DA, no 5ht action, and reasonably strong (different order of magnitude from BZP)...but the EC50s might not follow this pattern (though they usually correlate pretty well). Who knows how this correlates with real-world activity, or what nasty auxiliary activities lurk. BZP has 'hella' direct adrenergic agonism and is in general quite shitty.

But I was just wondering if this 4-PMPD was safe to take everyday

Short answers:
1. We don't know--there hasn't been enough study or history of human use.
2. Probably not--it has appreciable (but possibly light) MAOI activity (amphetamine does NOT, actually).
3. Fuck no--no classical stimulant is safe to take everyday. Why would you think this a good idea?

ebola

Yeah personally I might just toss it or take a break from it and try to figure out what to do with it. High dose for me doesn't feel anything like amphetamines. Just red eyes, blurry vision, appetite suppression, sore throat lol and no feel good lol i'm better off just going back to my old ways with Crystal Meth and actually enjoying the ride but nonetheless I didn't care for it really. Might try prolintane next but I heard that isn't much better but hopefully a little better on the energy side of things! I just want a little bit of euphoria if possible and some energy that's all!

The binding affinity numbers look pretty good (IIRC, only 2:1 ratio of preference for NE over DA, no 5ht action, and reasonably strong (different order of magnitude from BZP)...but the EC50s might not follow this pattern (though they usually correlate pretty well). Who knows how this correlates with real-world activity, or what nasty auxiliary activities lurk. BZP has 'hella' direct adrenergic agonism and is in general quite shitty.

Short answers:
1. We don't know--there hasn't been enough study or history of human use.
2. Probably not--it has appreciable (but possibly light) MAOI activity (amphetamine does NOT, actually).
3. Fuck no--no classical stimulant is safe to take everyday. Why would you think this a good idea?

ebola
Ahem...

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/articledetail.aspx?articleid=1791

Perhaps surprising to many clinicians is the fact that amphetamine is actually a reversible MAOI in addition to its better known and more potent actions inhibiting the dopamine (DA) transporter and the norepinephrine (NE) transporter (Table 1).2,13

https://books.google.com/books?id=c...harmacology+Amphetamine+maoi&output=html_text

Amphetamine is also a weak but reversible MAO inhibitor...

Last edited:
Whenever I take 125 mg or more of 4-benzylpiperidine.hcl per os at a time, I get spun--which is not necessarily a pleasant or unpleasant state of being.

Well, the primary source I saw, comparing several ligands, showed amphetamine to inhibit MAO quite weakly. We're talking multiple orders of magnitude weaker than MAOs in clinical use. Both MAOA and B were screened.

Check out the table on p. 4 of this article:
http://www.captura.uchile.cl/bitstream/handle/2250/17032/Scorza_Ma_Cecilia.pdf?sequence=1

I'd trust their work over secondary sources lacking robust references.

ebola

I think ebola is correct here. It is true that amphetamine and methamphetamine are MAO inhibitors but that doesn't mean that the interaction makes a substantial contribution to their effects. The interaction is pretty weak, and I believe it occurs because the amphetamines are substrates for MAO, so whenever they bind to MAO the enzyme is not available to metabolize other substrates. It's probably a good thing that the interaction isn't stronger because MAO inhibition would tend to interact with the other effects of amphetamine. Think about what happens with PMA and 4-MTA!!

Whenever I take 125 mg or more of 4-benzylpiperidine.hcl per os at a time, I get spun--which is not necessarily a pleasant or unpleasant state of being.

Well I love getting spun but on shit like Meth you know? To me this feels nothing like an amphetamine or methamphetamine or any kind of upper but I guess I can still mess around with the dosages. It definitely doesn't give me any kind of energy or euphoria lol just nasty side effects. I don't think anything beats good ole meth though!

Yeah, I don't plan to buy more. It's not about to replace crystal.
Yup, it's back to the more stimulating propylhexedrine for me.

Last edited:
God I miss crystal! Sucks being sober sometimes because I've got this damn cold I can't seem to shake off and I know every time I used to get sick I'd just do a line or a shot to get me through the sickness and sweat it all out lol good times!

every time I used to get sick I'd just do a line or a shot to get me through the sickness and sweat it all out

Hahahaha...this is so unhealthy.

ebola