Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-AcO-DMT (Unknown Dose) - 1st Time - Gettin' Psilly

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Substance: 4-AcO-DMT (brown freebase form)

Set: Excited, but a bit nervous. Psychedelics aren't my DOC due to their unpredictable nature and I'd been dealing w/ some depression that week.

Setting: Home alone on a day off (Friday). Sun is shining, bills are paid and everything's peachy.

Dose: Unknown, but very small. Dropped about 15-20 small "grains" into a water bottle and swirled them around but they never dissolved. Drunk slowly over an hour or so.

Other Substances: None, except my daily swig of poppy tea. Decided to forgo the stimulants for once ;)

Goal: To get a feel for the dose and effects of this new chem before attempting it in a more public setting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Effects: The effects started kicking in almost immediately, though they were very subtle at first--mild confusion mostly. At the peak, the experience felt very mushroom-like complete with visual distortions, color enhancement, random funny/insightful thoughts and alternating stimulation and exhaustion. I found myself giggling uncontrollably at my thoughts despite being the only person in the house. Fun, but kinda crazy. I decided to make a trek to the mailbox about halfway through the trip and found myself in a mildly uncomfortable state of confusion/anxiety/clumsiness, but luckily no one seemed to notice. As with all psychedelics I've tried, 4-AcO-DMT caused a ravenous hunger that I couldn't (and didn't) ignore for long. I binged out on junk food and felt not one twinge of nausea as a result. The comedown was smoothe and uneventful and ended with me sleeping soundly for several hours before waking up totally sober and refreshed.

I did experience some meaningful insights about a particular situation I'm dealing with, which was helpful. My thoughts centered mostly on positive things throughout the trip. I listened to a pre-made tracklist and surfed the web for most of the time except for my short outdoor adventure. I could see it being ideal for things like camping, walking on the beach or spending a day at an amusement park (if that's what you're into while tripping). The setting was not ideal for me, but then again I much prefer being outdoors on psychedelics. I just wanted to test the waters before doing anything too adventurous.

Side Effects/Negative Aspects: Mild, short-lived nausea on the come-up; sedation; typical shroom-like unpredictability; shorter duration than shrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Interestingly, my roommate took some 4-AcO over the weekend and was able to handle much larger doses than me. From my perspective, she just looked drunk but said it felt identical to shrooms, which are her DOC. She kept asking for "more" until 4:00 A.M, at which point I told her to forget it and go to bed :D As with shrooms, she took twice as much the next day and got about 1/2 the results.

UPDATE:

Had a second run with a significantly larger dose of this chem that was waaaay more intense than the first. And mostly unpleasant. My roommate and I both dosed and went to the communal pool/hot tub at our apartment. She seemed to have a better time than me.

Negative effects included nausea, feeling "awkward" physically (like people were looking at me), extreme tiredness, slight motion sickness and negative thought patterns in general. As I sat sprawled out on the lawnchair by the pool, the trees looked as if they were moving under water, with their branches and leaves slowly bobbing and swirling. My friend was in the hot tub and I could only see her head, which made her resemble a swamp creature of some kind. I kept thinking the effects felt like DMT more than shrooms despite the fact that I've never taken DMT. The words "DMT Monster" kept popping into my consciousness. My stomach was uncomfortable and felt heavy most of the time. The fatigue was so intense I had to wait 30+ minutes before I could even muster the physical strength to walk back to the apartment.

When we got there, all I could do was lie on the floor as my roommate danced wildly to her "trip music". At one point, Obama's voice (on a commercial) interrupted the music on Pandora and startled us both! I eventually sat up and started reading a book on Native American pottery, which triggered thoughts about my own NA ancestry and the grandma I never met. I kept getting cold chills throughout the trip like I do during opiate withdrawals. Despite my nausea, I was ravenously hungry again and ended up eating as soon as the trip subsided a bit. The only euphoria I felt was when the trip finally stopped, which seemed to happen rather abruptly.

Verdict: For me, low/threshold doses of 4-AcO-DMT are where it's at. I thought tripping outside would be ideal, but now am not sure if there's any "right" setting for this chem. I will undoubtedly try it again...sometime. Just not in the near future. Overall I prefer shrooms but find this a reasonable alternative.

Sounds like maybe in your second experience, a higher dose combined with communal setting was unwise. With higher doses, I prefer to be in a private setting where I can better control my environment, and safely allow my imagination to roam free of strangers scrutiny. I love occasional higher doses of 4AcO-DMT where, in the right setting I have enjoyed some pretty heavy phenomena without external fear intruding on the show. It is sometimes good to do that personal exploration stuff where you realise your part in the great networks of people time and history. One of my favourite qualities to be had through psychedelics.
Hope you get some cooler vibes if you try it in the future. I do like this substance. Peace - Pipp

Sounds like maybe in your second experience, a higher dose combined with communal setting was unwise. With higher doses, I prefer to be in a private setting where I can better control my environment, and safely allow my imagination to roam free of strangers scrutiny. I love occasional higher doses of 4AcO-DMT where, in the right setting I have enjoyed some pretty heavy phenomena without external fear intruding on the show. It is sometimes good to do that personal exploration stuff where you realise your part in the great networks of people time and history. One of my favourite qualities to be had through psychedelics.
Hope you get some cooler vibes if you try it in the future. I do like this substance. Peace - Pipp

True dat! Wasn't too pleasant even when I got inside though. Definitely seems like a "solo trip" type of drug for me. Probably just took way too much as I'm really sensitive to psychs in the first place. Thanks for the advice!