Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-AcO-DMT - first time - Incredibly clean but dazing

riff_messiah

Greenlighter
Hey dudes, long time lurker here decided to pop in to share an experience and ask for some advice. I finally got to try this famous molecule last night and I'm both incredibly stoked and a bit perplexed. After having successfully reagent tested it me and my trusted psychmate did a greedy allergy test at 5mg two nights ago, which gave us remarkably smooth threshhold effects and made our otherwise weed-only evening way better. It felt as if we'd had a weed infused spa visit all evening, a very nice experience. Come yesterday, we decided to start at a relatively low-mid dose of 15mg. We are both quite sensitive to psychs, and barely ever go above 150mics of acid (after having worked our way there from 50mics over a few years). With liberty caps we can do decent size amounts between 3.5-4.5 dried grams with no issue, much thanks to that smooth, warm body load they tend to produce.

We measured out 30mgs of psilacetin HCl on the scale with an error ratio of ~3mg, diluted it in 30ml of tap water and then divided it into two glasses of 15ml each and chased it down with ice tea on empty stomachs. Within 15 minutes we were both feeling the effects come on, and retreated to our hangouts with our headphones. All in all the experience was wonderful- it had the same warm glow of the mushrooms, but with way less "strangeness" going on in the body. Apart from the vibrating heat pulsating throughout my limbs, which was very pleasant, there wasn't any of the dysphoria or uneasiness I usually get during psychedelic come ups. The cognitive shift was quite radical, I remember opening my eyes for the first time since dosing and for a couple of seconds feeling as if my brain had to re-adjust my visual field back into the correct perspective and aspect ratio. Visually though, I only had some lighter perspective shifts and no major breathing or morphing. I remember thinking it was very similar to what a gram or so of mushrooms feel like.

Anyway, due to the novelty of having the pure molecule, we quickly decided we'd add a booster of 5-6mgs halfway through the effects of the first dose. We had spoken lightly about this prior to dosing, so it wasn't completely on a whim, but it still felt a bit naughty since we usually plan these experiences out quite minutely beforehand. No matter though, the booster went down and added even more of the nice body glow and cognitive effects. Sitting on the floor in my kitchen smoking weed we had a really nice moment of that typical psychedelic eternal beauty, truly a spa experience in the mind.

Unfortunately, this is when the more difficult, dazing part started. Feeling quite stoked and still energetic 4 hours later, we measured up another 6-7mgs each and downed it. It came up really nice, as before, and we went for a walk around the neighbourhood. As we returned inside, we smoked some more weed, and suddenly I was feeling very light headed. Grabbed a bunch of chocolate and laid down in my bed, where the lightheadedness still wouldn't stop. Unless I lay perfectly still on my back concentrating on my breathing, I kinda felt like I was going to pass out. My pulse was mostly normal, slightly below average I guess, but after a while I started having some painful vascoconstriction in my arms and legs. I am quite cool headed normally, and sometimes I get blood pressure drops on too much weed (and above all, tobacco), so it didn't freak me out much as it could've, but the vascoconstriction was unpleasant as hell. I chomped down on chocolate and ate a cup of noodles, hoping it would fix it, to no avail. Some 3-4 hours later it finally subsided, seemingly as the psilacetin was mostly cleared from my receptors. This was almost exactly 6 hours after the final redose. I fell asleep shortly after that and woke up today feeling exhausted, but not ill. Mind wise I even feel somewhat refreshed, but my body feels drained.

In hindsight, the final boost was reckless given it was our first time with the compound. In addition, I had mostly fasted earlier in the day to clear myself from any GI irritation when dosing (unnecessary it turned out- the AcO barely gave any GI reaction at all) and towards the end of this binge I was likely running low on overall nutrition. I've also read other accounts of people reporting psilacetin to have a strongly sedative effect, so maybe I just accidentally combined overexposure with lack of sleep and food.

Still, given how close this molecule behaved to my beloved shrooms I'm very stoked to own a gram of it. Volumetric dosing and the kind of dose precision you get with pure molecule over actual shrooms stokes my inner nerd. I'll post an experience for sure when I get around to trying 25 or 30mg.

Does anyone have any experience similar to this? And are there any supplements I can use to combat vascoconstriction and any other residual effects of this drug? I'm not even sure the vascoconstriction was due to the psilacetin specifically, but it did go away as the drug effects subsided. I know of ginger to reduce GI discomfort, and I've heard of magnesium (and even phenibut) to reduce anxiety, but the latter has never been an issue for me on shrooms. If the psilacetin somehow drops my blood pressure or makes me lightheaded again I'd like to have some kind of stop-button. I'm getting some benzos, but it feels like such a shame to kill it entirely. Needless to say I'll be sticking to single doses for a while now and will not be fasting again as I did yesterday. I appreciate any advice, big fan of this site. Cheers!

Edit: I've now come to believe the dizziness wasn't caused by the AcO at all. During the trip I was snacking on a bag of nut mix, paying no mind to it as I've never had any nut allergy (or other food allergy for that matter). Yesterday however, I ate some nuts from the same bag with no psilacetin at all in my body and experienced the exact same spell of lightheadedness! It even lasted the roughly 6 hours, just like before. It's likely either a novel sensitivity to nuts or simply a bad batch of nut mix. Both times it did feel like the discomfort radiated from my stomach, but during the trip I attributed it to nervousness and regular psychedelic body load. Phew! Staying away from nuts completely for my next try with this compound. And I guess I'll get a nut allergy test or something.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4acodmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Great report. You and your friend seem to have a good grasp on the "sets and settings".
I hope you'll have beautiful trips on the 25-30mg range and I can't wait to read about your experiences.

You could definitely add a few things that could improve the journey a bit. Like magnesium, ginger, lavender, and valerian roots.

Phenibut is great for anxiety but it will also change the trip, I find it makes it less authentic. However, it's good if you mainly want to enjoy music and visuals.
Also, having benzos on hand is always important.

When it comes to discomfort, I find mindfulness to be of great help.
Consistently practicing meditation is the greatest asset for a positive experience.

I'm getting some benzos, but it feels like such a shame to kill it entirely.
Trust me when I say benzos don't just 'kill' a trip. Maybe I'm just tolerant (I can't recall a trip I've had without them in two years now) but all it does is bring things down a notch.

I find it funny you called 15mg a low-mid dose. I never go above 15mg these days (hundreds of trips on psilacetin here) and my one 30mg dose with tolerance had me scared outa my mind and well, gobbling up benzos to try and subdue it.

Nice report, and I agree with CG. 15 mgs to me is a very decent trip if I mix weed in with it. I went as high as 22 mgs and I thought it was too intense.

I also agree people that use benzo's as a med don't get the trip kill that a non tolerant user would get. I mean even 1 mgs of etizolam or .5 alprazolam would tone it down a lot for me. But I know someone that takes daily klonopin .5 3 times a day and does not effect his trip at all. I suspect if I were on a daily medical benzo it would not kill the trip. But my virgin benzo brain feels them strong.

I gave my wife 15 mgs of 4-ACO-DMT on Summer Solstice. Her only experience were about 3 2C-B trips in previous years. It worked. She made peace with her fathers passing a few months ago and approves of how she handled the whole situation.

Welcome and thanks for the report. I'm certain as you get further along into your gram you will know this but psilocetin is excellent material and very forgiving. Even an i.v psilocetin experience can be gentler than shrooms due to lack of nausea or other negatives that could be caused by consuming shrooms.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Thanks for the replies guys! From what I've read about psilacetin I feel like a lot of people describe between 20 to 30mgs as being the dose for them, but that's purely anecdotal after all. I think due to the negative reaction towards the end we'll do another "lower" dose (with no redosing this time) in the 10mg range before going for anything above 20mg. The dose curve seems to vary quite sharply above 20mg, so maybe we'll just start with 20mg straight the next time we push the dose.

On average the psilacetin felt very friendly and forgiving indeed, and the effect it's had on my brain for the last week has been incredibly relaxing. It gently brought back much of the vibrancy in the little things in life again, which I was otherwise way to weed-dulled to appreciate sober. Among my mates we jokingly refer to eachother as being "in the mist" when we've had longer periods of daily weed use. Well, the psilacetin ripped me straight out of the mist and back into clear, crisp sobriety. Very very cool!

Nice report, and I agree with CG. 15 mgs to me is a very decent trip if I mix weed in with it. I went as high as 22 mgs and I thought it was too intense.

I also agree people that use benzo's as a med don't get the trip kill that a non tolerant user would get. I mean even 1 mgs of etizolam or .5 alprazolam would tone it down a lot for me. But I know someone that takes daily klonopin .5 3 times a day and does not effect his trip at all. I suspect if I were on a daily medical benzo it would not kill the trip. But my virgin benzo brain feels them strong.

I gave my wife 15 mgs of 4-ACO-DMT on Summer Solstice. Her only experience were about 3 2C-B trips in previous years. It worked. She made peace with her fathers passing a few months ago and approves of how she handled the whole situation.
Would you recommend any particular benzo? I'm a complete benzo virgin as well, never having tried any of them. I found a really nice benzo summary on erowid, and am leaning towards alp due to it being relatively short lasting and commonly available.

Thanks for the supplement tips Inner Light! I found another nice supplement summary on tripsit, but I knew most of them already. Going to give magnesium and lavender a go next time I dose. Maybe I'll even try the phenibut just to get a grip of what the difference is, listening to music and enjoying the visuals and cognitive shifting is what I usually do anyway.

Would you recommend any particular benzo?
If I had to pick one for trip killing, it'd be either alprazolam or etizolam, both because of their physical sedation and their speed of onset. 1mg of alpraz helped my wife on a particularly rough trip very well. Clonazepam is too long in onset ime.

Yeah you want a fast onset, sedating benzo. Etizolam is my go-to, it's perfect for the job. Or alprazolam.

Nice report, thanks for sharing. :)

I remember taking 4-ACO-DMT and have it hit in 20 minutes. Then 6 hours later take some etizolam and have that hit in 20 minutes. lol For some reason it feels really good to come dowm from a trip with 1-2 mgs of etizlolam or .5-1 alprazolam. Etizolam seems to hit me even quicker. So I take an etizolam and half hour later can sit and eat and then go to sleep.

My first 20 years of psychedelics I could just smoke weed and lay in bed until I drifted off. Not a chance as I get older. I went years and years without even a spec of a benzo in my system. I just have some on hand for things like this or ....funerals....I also would slam a few beers at the end of a trip. I would go through the whole trip without any alcohol and at the end slam 2-3 cold quality beers and that was pleasant. Have not done that in years as I don't drink anymore.

My wife did 18 mgs of this yesterday. I even gave her a couple of whippits. lol She actually went "wow" after a balloon. If you knew how out of the loop on this she really is that is funny. But I told her do not go to the grave without a mushroom trip. But this works similar. She ony has had about 4 2C-B trips and now 2 4-ACO-DMT trips. She said at the end she likes my "toys".

Awesome tips! Getting some alp next week.

As it turns out, the dizziness probably wasn't due to the AcO after all. Last night I ate some nuts from the same bag of nut mix as I did during the trip, and sure enough 10-15 minuters later I'm feeling light headed and dizzy. I've never had any allergy to anything really, especialy not nuts, but I'm going to follow it up next week and see what the hell is going on. Anyway, I've updated the OP to note the dizziness might not've been caused by the psilacetin at all. In fact, compared to how much I ate during the trip, yesterday's spell of dizziness was a lot more intense despite having eaten less of the nuts. Maybe it's just a bad batch or something. Ah well, at least this amazing molecule seems to be innocent! Looking forward to the next trip even more now, hehe.