View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-AET

egor

Bluelighter
I have recently been given the opportunity to aquire a small ammount of this unknown chemical. I am entirely unable to find any info at all on it. I am slightly concerned about possible toxicity due to the issues that have presented themselves with 4-ho-amt. Anyone on BL have any info, insight, journal articles, or any useful innfo for me??

Last edited:
is that a reall chem? i cant find anything on that.. you sure its not 4 aco det?

It is not 4-aco-det.
I am Sure of its legitimacy. That is the same issue I am having finding any ifno. No cas # even.

lol. you must have some crazy chemist on your speeddial.

^^nope, just know where to look for these things.

I will have to do a good write up if I do end up doing some bioassays.

why would you look for something you have no idea what it does?

i have my sources for crazy things too, but atleast most of them have info

I am always interested in new psychedelic agents. It was not what I was looking for at the time, but what ya gonna do?
\I was actually doing some research on 2-meo-dmt and 5-meo-met when I came across it.

Last edited:
i came across 5-meo-met... never had interest in it, but its available to me when i want it. :)

5-MeO-MET should be the most potent of all of its relatives. In animal tests, it was consistantly more potent than 5-MeO-DMT, or 5-MeO-DET. Swerz you should send some to me as I'd work with it!

Egor....the 'issues' with the AMT analogue of psilocin...have you had personal experience with it, or just saying that because Shulgin mentioned dizzyness, etc in TIHKAL?

Well I'd imagine that as happens with the other acetoxy compounds, it will be hydrolysed at least partially to 4-OH AET, but whether this produces the dizzyness etc that Shulgin reported for the AMT derivative isthe realms of pure soeculation (and while we;re here, lets speculate!).

I'd guess that the dizzyness might be less pronounced as I have a funny feeling in my waters (well I do, sometimes) that as the psychedelic aspect decreases in favour of the entactogenic, the disruption of the sensory signals that cause the dizzyness will reduce. Of course this speculation might just turn out to be so much rose fertilizer, but until there's a report of what it actually does, that's where I place my money

I was referring to the info in tihkal. I procured 250mgs and will begin testing next week. I will keep you all up to date.

Any suggestions as to a starting dose??

I was thinking 5-6mg as this would be threshold effects with the other psilocin analogs i have sampled.

What are the odds of significant mao inhibiting qualaties??

Last edited:
Why not start lower? Whats the rush with a new chem? If you just want to trip then exploring a very new chem is not the best place to look.

samadhi_smiles said:
Why not start lower? Whats the rush with a new chem? If you just want to trip then exploring a very new chem is not the best place to look.

True, maybe 3-4mg would be better. I am, however, not too concerned about toxicity with the first dose or two; or about extreme potency.
Still, it is better to play it safe with something this unknown.:\

I will be adding a good, low dose tr as soon as I get around to trying it;)

Turned this into a Big and Dandy (Small and Growing, rather) thread to encourage some attention! Hopefully we can gather as much information as possible.

Shulgin mentioned dizzyness,

Shulgin despite deity status (fully deserved )is an old guy and liable to dizzziness at any given time ! Or was this several members of his research group ?

Zophen, that is a ridiculous statement. People can become dizzy at any time of their lives, so should we invalidate all signs of possible dangerous toxicity when trying unresearched chemicals?

Personally, while under the influence of an unresearched chemical, I would take any dizziness and/or tingling in the extremities with extreme caution (even if I can experience them at any point in my life, on a researched drug or off a drug).

Your comments border on a reckless nature in regards to the spirit of our board's goal of harm reduction.

This is a compound taken orally like other AMT/AET analogs, right? You're not planning on smoking it out of a shit pipe, are you?

Your comments border on a reckless nature in regards to the spirit of our board's goal of harm reduction.

are you american ? If so cultural misunderstanding, ask a brit we call it humour !

also the point whether it was just him or several members of his research group is valid ~ selective aren't you ? Why ?