• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-AET

I had a bit of a discussion with nuke about that earlier. I have since e-mailed the supplier to try to get an hplc analysis, but That was only a few hours ago and I have yet to get a reply.

I will not be sampling it for the time being.:(

Hmm, I guess the most technical IUPAC term would be 3-(2-aminobutyl)-1H-indol-4-yl-acetate, starting with the smallest alkane/functional group and then going in alphabetical order.

^^ I think I need to do some serious brushing up on my IUPAC after this little fuck up.

i would seriously wait like 6-8 hours before even considering redosing...with ANY of these "New Trips" You don't want to end up losing your sanity, or comming very close to it.8o 8( Trust me, having sanity is a lot more fun then "Delusional land grasps your perception. Like FB said, start at UNDER a milligram. Not 1mg. You have no idea whatsoever how potent this stuff will be to YOUR body/MIND. If you feel like exploring "farther", titrating up a single milligram each time sounds plenty safe. But due to typtamine/phenethlamines, (haven't read enough on this to know which family it belongs to.

Have safe, good luck. 8) :|

nuke said:
Hmm, I guess the most technical IUPAC term would be 3-(2-aminobutyl)-1H-indol-4-yl-acetate, starting with the smallest alkane/functional group and then going in alphabetical order.

IUPAC chemists by nature would have to be totally anal in their approach once you get to 2 or more ring systems joined tiogether. The IUPAC name for compounds like morphine or ibogaine are enough to make a grown man weep. For the purposes of this thread I think 4-acetoxy-3-(2-aminobutyl)indole or similar will suffice as the most in depth chemical name (just watch pharmacologists back away from headache creating IUPAC names whenever possible!)

3-[2-(alphaethylamino)-ethyl]-4-acetoxyindole was tasted at 1mg last night to no effect. It does have a very strong indole odor. It smells very much like AMT. I will attempt 2 mg next weekend or later this week.

egor said:
I have since e-mailed the supplier to try to get an hplc analysis, but That was only a few hours ago and I have yet to get a reply.

I will not be sampling it for the time being.

Has it been confirmed 4-AcO-AET? If so, please change the nonsense chemical name in your post above.

If not, this thread should probably be closed ... there's no use posting about a mystery chemical, and really, you shouldn't be ingesting it in the first place.

Last edited:
Very exciting egor, look forward to reading about your experiences around this!

I've heard good things of 4-AcO compounds (friend said one was his favorite).

Dondante said:
Has it been confirmed 4-AcO-AET? If so, please change the nonsense chemical name in your post above.

If not, this thread should probably be closed ... there's no use posting about a mystery chemical, and really, you shouldn't be ingesting it in the first place.

I have still not gotten a reply from the supplier. Curiosity sort of got the best of me. I know, not smart.

None of the 4-substituted N,N-dialkyltryptamines had any indole odor. Can we make the same claim about 4-AcO-AET? I dunno, I wouldn't have expected it to have an odor. I have no clue as to the 'scientific' reason...but none of the 5-MeO or 4-XO compoounds ever had an odor and so that make me question. I guess you never heard back from them to confirm what you have?

I really would try to get this authenticated before you start messing with it....if anything so as to not spread misinformation...but also for the comfort of knowing what in the hell you are actually tripping on.

THe 4-ho-dipt you have sampled had NO odor at all??

None that I could detect. I have collected three batches, and two were assayed for purity (GC/MS and TLC)...which was excellent.

And if its 4-AcO-AET,it must be a salt,and as salt,the odour will be diminished further,to the point of none.

Now I think it is AET.

Does it smell sort of like a chemical fertilizer? Is it a white granular powder? Does the smell just make you cringe? Maybe you could post a picture?

Well, if possible ;)

But no, I meant a picture of the chemical. I know that won't necessarily tell us anything, but I'm just curious.

SWIM's 2 different samples of 4HO DIPT did not smell at all, and certainly not the pungent indole smell of AMT ... Neither do 4hoMIPT or4hoDET...they do not have a definitive smell.

Make a sample strongly basic (with NaOH for example),and then see if its turning dark.It should!

^^ I will try that later today hugo. It smells very much like amt.

morninggloryseed said:
None that I could detect. I have collected three batches, and two were assayed for purity (GC/MS and TLC)...which was excellent.

I have sampled 4-ho-dipt from 3 different suppliers, all of which had a mild odor. Weird.:\