Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3C-E - 3rd Time - ~17mg semi-sublingually - Present in Body

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
3C-E - 3rd Time - ~17mg semi-sublingually

NOTE ON DOSAGE:

So the dose could be quite a bit off here. The scale was acting up, but all measurments taken were between 11-17mg. The final several measurements hovered between 16-17mg, though.

SETTING:
It was a beautiful, cool, crisp fall morning. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and I was in a good mood. I had considered taking a lysergamide of DOM, but when I reflected, I didn't really want a strong psychedelic experience. I talked a friend into going to a sculpture park, though, and I felt like I would be remiss in not taking a psychedelic for something like that, what with a sober driver and all.

I knew my friend was planning on a roll in the hay later, so I didn't want anything to get in the way of that, nor did I want anything that would make me feel uncomfortable in public. I landed on 3C-E, thinking a dose of about 10mg orally would be about right. In the past, it added a nice headpsace shift, some euphoria, some stimulation, and some of the eroticism of the 'scaline class. After weighing out the material, I reconsidered. I hadn't taken 3C-E at a proper dose yet, and I this might be a good time for it. Most people seem to agree that it shines at low doses, with the bodyload getting brutal at higher dosages. I liked it plenty when insufflated, but I had always avoided oral because of the reputation for bodyload and excessive duration via that route. I knew that I was going to be in the car for 45-60min, so opted for sublingual.

REPORT:

12:20pm - Dosed under my tongue.

12:25 - Alert already. Lightheadedness. I notice that my neck is a little sore from sleeping on it wrong. I noticed earlier, but it hadn't bothered me. My mood is good, but I've been preoccupied by the upcoming electoral trainwreck.

12:33 - I kept the material under my tongue for 13min, then swallowed on an empty stomach. I had a large meal for breakfast, but that was around 8am. I had plenty of tea and coffee, as well It wasn't an alert, but onset that I felt. Light, but undeniable.

1 - Steady onset felt in my body. Mild stimulation, mild headspace shift. I try ordering curbside pickup using a restaurant app and am a little frustrated by both it and my diminishing functionality. While I'm not hungry, it's time to eat. I slam half of a big, meaty sandwich, and develop no nausea afterwards to my surprise. As I sit, I find my legs bouncing all over the place with a jittery 'scaline stimulation along with the more focused amphetamine stimulation.

1:42 - Jittery stimulation is gone, leaving only the amphetamine centeredness. The experience is characterized largely by frustration. Doing things is a struggle. I don't really talk to my friend in the car, but I try (successfully) to conceal my mild aggravation. The pain in my neck and shoulder is really bothering me as the car accelerates, turns, brakes, and bumps. I take two magnesium tablets and two ibuprofen. I recognize the background emotion of serotonergic "emotional pain" that I often get on the comeup of psychedelics. It's decoupled from the rest of my experience, and doesn't bother me. Just a personal idiosyncracy that will pass when I get to the peak if I don't cling to it.

1:51 The somewhat rough comeup is subsiding. Just in time to get to the park!

3:18 My walk in the park was enjoyable. (In retrospect, I don't think that the psychedelic enhanced it any, but it was still quite lovely.) Still, zero nausea. I do have strong, full-body tension, though. It's not uncomfortable, but it's enough to make me pretty disinclined to take a higher dose. This is really felt primarily in the body. I might have enjoyed the physicality, but for my neck pain preoccupying me. I felt a couple whispers of libido during my walk, but that's it--surprising given my prior experiences with it at lower doses. I'm already past peak and well into a stable plateau. The headspace is the classic neutral PEA underdose space. There's no there there, just a neutral +. The stimulation ebbed a long time ago, and was never unpleasant even when the jittery 'scaline stimulation was combined with it. There were a few hints of visual enhancement on my walk, but not much. I can think of several other drugs that would have been a better fit for this experience, but it was just fine.

4 - Characterized by discomfort, and accompanying irritation. I can't tell how much is just due to my shoulder suffering through the drive home.

5 - Nitrous was pleasant, but not memorable. Took some more ibuprofen, a hefty dose of melo melo kava kava, then took a shower. When they kicked in during my shower, I immediately felt much better. My discomfort melted into the background...finally. I listened to some ambient music, which was quite pleasant. I didn't enjoy any of the music I played on the drive to and from, but that could have been affected my my shoudler discomfort.

After this, I settled down and played some video games and watched a movie, then went to bed at 9pm. I vaped some delta 8 THC, which I've begun to develop tolerance to. While I thought that I would fall asleep readily, I think it may have taken me 1-2hrs to actually fall asleep. I woke up once in the middle of the night when the delta 8 wore off, but fell back asleep without trouble.

I hated to throw the kava into the mix for the timeline, but I was confident that I'd seen the highlights of the experience and I was ready to stop being uncomfortable. I did have some delta8THC with me during the day, but I refrained from taking it lest it color my experience or throw me into a funk instead of rescue me from one.

The next day, my neck/shoulder continued to be jacked up and painful, but was manageable since I wasn't tripping. I did feel kind of gross and just a teeny bit awful, though. Mentally, I was just fine, but I just had a mild grottiness to me that I didn't shake until the afternoon.

All in all, I don't think this was a fair test of 3C-E. Based on what others have said, they think this shines at low doses and via fast acting ROAs that bypass the gut. That's probably the only way I'll revisit this going forward. Having magnesium and kava on hand were really helpful. I think the experience was colored by (a) tripping more out of obligation born of opportunity than desire, and (b) constant, low grade pain combined with a drug that was felt mostly at least half in the body.

The headspace reminded me of proscaline, but that's probably not fair. I don't think my doses of either were high enough to bring out their unique character

I can see some similarity between proscaline and 3C-E, I think proscaline is superior as a psychedelic though. Neither is anything special, but both are, I find anyway, pretty smooth enhancer-style substances. But there are better enhancers, too. To be fair, I haven't tried proscaline as high as I would like to go with it eventually, so I doubt I've seen its full nature. 3C-E, however, I am pretty sure maxes out in terms of positive subjective effects at a very low level and doesn't have much more to offer than that. At least that is my strong feeling.

3C-P seems like it may be more interesting than 3C-E, I have not explored it beyond a small dose yet, though.