• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 30mg Adderall IR pill, questions on how to take it

ImAShark

Greenlighter
I've only tried Adderall during two periods of my life before (had maybe 4 pills both times, one in March 2014 and once in probably about July 2015). Both times they were the capsules and I would snort the beads inside, sometimes not even a full pill at once. I prefer Ritalin to Adderall as Adderall would usually just keep me focused on something insignificant all night. However, I did binge on the Adderall at weird hours, and have never taken more than a little bit during the day. I have school tomorrow and was thinking about splitting the 30mg pill in half, and taking 15mg of it swallowed. I'm 5'9'', 130lbs, male, and 20 years old for a perspective. How much do you think this will effect me. I'm hoping to wake up early, take it, and then be up for the rest of the day (I am also taking it to try and change my horrid sleep schedule). I have Xanax on hand to take for the crash at night, but I was just hoping to get some answers from those with experience on how exactly I can expect to feel tomorrow after taking it, specifically if it will "wire me up" too much and not be enjoyable. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hello. I can be of assistance.
If I were you, I would get a good nights rest, get up relatively early, and eat the entire pill.
It will be a strong dosage, but you will be really productive and happy all day long.
That Xanax will definately soften the comedown .
If your speeding and get a little paranoid, just roll with it. Enjoy the medicine.
Does this help? I can tell you much more about Adderall IR and XR .

Thanks and yes it does, although my sleep schedule is very messed up, and I most likely won't be getting up until around 2:00pm tomorrow at the earliest. I am going to try and fall asleep early tonight, but I doubt that is going to happen. Secondly I am almost set on taking the 15mg of it, so if you could offer some help on how this will make me feel, that would be greatly appreciated.

snort it.
i've done it, as have most other abusers of this drug. it's not rocket science: oral takes about 45 minutes to kick in and it will last 9 or 10 hours where you won't be getting any sleep until at least then; all other routes hit in 1/3 the time and wear off a little sooner and have much shorter rushes or highs. plugging these will most likely lead to diarrhea which will waste some of the drug. sublingual works fine but takes a very long time to start working, at least an hour in my experiece

No don't snort it. I see a lot of people say this, I'm very experienced with this and have them all the time. There's simply no safe way to get any more out of them than simply swallowing it. No chomping necessary as its already IR. I may be off base In some ppl opinions but snorting a mile long line for 30 mg adderall isn't worth it. Save your mucus membranes for somthing better imo lol.

Taking tums(or any calcium carbonate) 15-20 minutes before taking orally brings the bioavailability up.

Fine, take half. You sound like a virgin to stimulants. I doubt you drink coffee.
In that case, split your 30 mg pill, you are going to need a razor blade to be pretty accurate. Tums or like a half to a whole teaspoon of baking soda would be a great idea to make your stomach less acidic, that will make the pill work better. Do this part an hour or at least a half hour before taking pill. Then EAT your 15mg. You will feel deicent stimulation, your energy level will go up and your focus will in your case drastically improve. If there are any side effects, just relax. Make sure you are active. Read a book or do something that requires thought. You will be happy.

If your disappointed , it's because you didn't just eat the whole pill.
I personally think you should eat the whole pill, because 15 is a low dose, but in the name of harm reduction, do as you will.

You dont need a razor to break the pill in half and seriously its not gonna make a difference.

OP Either eat the whole thing or start with half and see how you feel in an hour. I use adderall on a regular basis and snorting it, though will get you high, is a jittery unproductive high IMO.

Neko is right, but a razor would be more accurate. I forgot, just bite the pill in half and save the rest for later. OP, I apologize if I was a little rough. Thats really good that you want to start low. It's always safer to start low and work up. Have fun, and post back how it felt. That would be intresting to hear.

Split it in half, and take a half, or break the half apart, and take a quarter. You have no tolerance to amphetamines and you do nor really know how you will react. Don't snort it, just swallow it.

Well i wound up splitting the 30mg pill in half and swallowing both halves within about a half hour of each other. Feeling really good I decide to buy more 20mg pills tonight, and I swallowed one a few hours ago. I smoked weed with my friends and felt good for a while, then while I'm driving i suddenly started to feel sick. I pulled over and threw up every thing I ate today. I've thrown up another 4 times since then, just bile now. I have no idea what caused this (possibly some suboxone I had taken hours earlier, but my dope habit was high enough where the suboxone should've only helped, like it initially did), but I'm really hoping it wasn't the Adderall. I'm probably going to take a 20mg IR in the morning and see what that does to me. As for the person calling me a stimulant virgin, I wouldn't have created this thread if i wasn't inexperienced. I've tried Adderall a few times, Ritalin maybe twice, cocaine probably about 20 times, and that's it. So yeah.

I highly doubt it was the adderall, everyone is different but adderall is not known for upsetting peoples stomach, it usually only makes you feel less hungry or not hungry at all. Like it can affect your ability and desire to eat being amphetamine but there isnt really anything about it that can actually upset one's stomach.

Now suboxone on the other hand...that shit can DEF make your stomach upset. In fact I have heard and even expereince myself that it can upset your stomach more than other opiates can even if you have a tolerance and if you do not(which I do not) it can make you very very sick. I tried it a few times even though I'm not an opiate abuser( I play around with them low dose in the recreational sense but have very very low tolerance) and it made me sick almost every time, a few times it made me sick like you are describing, where I throw up everything in my stomach and then ended up throwing up like 2 or 3 more times with only bile coming up.

So my guess is that the sub or the combo of sub and something else cause your stomach issue.