• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

3 Years of (Phenibut). I'm ready to get off w Baclofen. I'm terrified and need help!

warforge

Greenlighter
3 Years of (Phenibut). I'm ready to get off w Baclofen. (Successfully Done)

Hey guys.

Well I've been on phenibut about 3 years now. I was introduced to it in a halfway after rehab and it really got me through a lot, made my life easier after from 24-30 going from oxy to heroin/crack then rehab. I really thought I had my life back in order and I was free until I tried to stop the phenibut. First time I ran out day 2 I was laying in my bed with the spins, I swear I heard full on symphony even violins playing, Fear, horrible primal fear and I never let myself run out again. IMO it is worse than opiate withdrawal because of the mental torture and the fact its a constant panic attack for days.

This last time where I experimented cutting my dose I felt so depressed like I never have in my life, I laid in bed at night and my fear was so high and anxiety all I could do was think about all the bad things I've done and how god wouldn't accept my soul. I mean its like someone was leaking these thoughts in my head I've never thought them before. I can't explain to anyone that hasn't gone through phenibut w/d how deep and sad the depression gets if you've been on it a long time and you don't have it. Along with a million on crazy thoughts and depression like that trying to get off this I just have had enough. This stuff is now a problem. I get nerv pain too now from this stuff I've been on it so long.

I have such a fear of the withdrawal I'm even scared to take this baclofen. The fear comes in stopping the phenibut.

I've gotten down to 1.5g a day where I can still be in a good mood but now I've got 60 x 10mg baclofen because I know it will act the same way as the phenibut.

I just need someone to help me with how I should approach this from where I am now. I am tired of having to wake up and take phenibut to avoid feeling sick. I am tired of having a substance control my life. After all the drugs I've defeated I want this to be the last one I have to fight out of my system.

Please if you can help me with how I should start from where I am now at 1.5g and 60 x 10mg baclofens to get off the phenibut. Now that I think about it I'd rather kick my old IV heroin/fent habit again than go through phenibut withdrawal at this point.

Don't do phenibut if you have an addictive personality. It will win.

I want to have a good Christmas with my family without the false feelings phenibut gives me.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:
I feel so bad for you :(
I can relate to that helpless anxious feeling where you only think of the negative things you’ve done in the past....
My problem is massive opiate addiction and slight benzo problem going...
I’m about to go through one of those nights stay strong.

I don’t know anything about baclofen, but I can tell you drugs typically work similarly with tapering, just don’t forget to adjust to the half life of the drug when you taper.

Someone smarter than I am will post a better answer here, just wanted to let you know you’re not alone with those feelings and thoughts ?

I feel so bad for you :(
I can relate to that helpless anxious feeling where you only think of the negative things you’ve done in the past....
My problem is massive opiate addiction and slight benzo problem going...
I’m about to go through one of those nights stay strong.

I don’t know anything about baclofen, but I can tell you drugs typically work similarly with tapering, just don’t forget to adjust to the half life of the drug when you taper.

Someone smarter than I am will post a better answer here, just wanted to let you know you’re not alone with those feelings and thoughts ?

Thank you!

I've conquered opiates, benzos, and whatever else lil extra drug habit i had finally but i had to go to rehab.

once youre off opiates / benzos you have to change the way you live to else you'll go right back. I'm hoping I can keep as positive as I have been these years off opiates and benzos with phenibut in me when im completely sober.

I just need a good guide of help how to come down with this bacolfen safely and easily!

I'm so very very tired of having to take phenibut. I know when i quit i wont even have a desire, if it wasnt for the horrible w/d 36 hours later i wouldn't even think about phenibut anymore. 1.5 grams doesn't get me high, it prevents.

Hi warforge,
why don't you taper? 50-100 mg less per day and you will not have w/d...

Hi warforge,
why don't you taper? 50-100 mg less per day and you will not have w/d...

I went down to 100mg today to 1.4g.

I'll wait 2 days on the lowered doses because phenibut lasts so long i want my body to adjust to the new levels before going down.

I guess I will start baclofen with it weaning if it just gets to hard because I cannot use anything like benzos or opiates to help during the process seeing i worked hard to get off them.

You will be fine, do not worry. I would suggest to not take the Baclofen. Instead make your taper. Also you should take Natriumbicarbonate, espeacially in the morning, after you wake up with a warm glass of water. This will combats the acids in your body.
Plus I would mix the Phenibut with Natriumbicarbonate to neutralize the acid behavior of Phenibut. Ratio is 390mg Natriumbicarbonate : 1000mg Phenibut.

You will be fine, do not worry. I would suggest to not take the Baclofen. Instead make your taper. Also you should take Natriumbicarbonate, espeacially in the morning, after you wake up with a warm glass of water. This will combats the acids in your body.
Plus I would mix the Phenibut with Natriumbicarbonate to neutralize the acid behavior of Phenibut. Ratio is 390mg Natriumbicarbonate : 1000mg Phenibut.

wow I wish I knew this years ago :) thanks for that info

i switched to FAA because HCL gave me nerv pain but the normal place has been out of FAA.

great info.

FYI if you take the Natriumbicarbonate in the morning, you will have to make big poopoo 30-60min after. So do not go suddenly out after taking this, because the "feel" is very strong ;)
But anyway do it! And remember you have to drink the warm water (0.4l with two spoons of Natriumbicarbonate) within the first 10 minutes after waking up. And try to drink quick, no nipping etc. Because only if you do this it will go directly to your intestine and if you do it too late after standing up your stomach will produce its acid. Also try to avoid coffee in the days while you detoxing. Also it is good to drink your Natriumbicarbonatewater three/four times a day. Best min 1 hour before eating.
Another hint: If you want to cleanse your body really fast from acid, also take enemas with Natriumbicarbonate. With that you will be nearly acid free in less than a week.

as of today I am down to 1.1 grams.

It's been smooth so far though I can notice higher irritability for sure and panic attacks are easier if I allow them to come say while I've been smoking pot.

I am going to start dropping 100mg every 48 hours so my body has time to adjust.

Anyone successfully done this? What do you do once you're down to 200-100mg?

Shit, at that point drop by maybe ten mg increments... Like how one would switch to diazepam 2mg to drop down with at the end of a benzo taper... Same idea with dropping off a couple mg at a time at the end of a methadone taper...

That's just how I'd look at it anyway

Shit, at that point drop by maybe ten mg increments... Like how one would switch to diazepam 2mg to drop down with at the end of a benzo taper... Same idea with dropping off a couple mg at a time at the end of a methadone taper...

That's just how I'd look at it anyway

I'm down to 900mg today. I've been taking it real slow, since why not right? Why make yourself miserable if you don't have to. I figured when I got down to 100mg i would 10mg step it down. The final days of 0 if it gets really hard to sleep or whatever I have baclofen. At least that can get me past the final 3~ days IF that is needed.

With how much people use phenibut i'm very surprised more people don't have an opinion or experience getting off this stuff. Most things I read about it there's never a final conclusion.

How did I miss this thread?! We have at least one instance or something trying to get off phenibut in our SL Directory.

Definitely go slow with your taper, as it will make it more manageable and is more conducive to longer term success.

Also switching to diazepam or baclofen when you're at the end (the very end) of your taper is a really good idea, and staying on something like that for a week or two during the acute withdrawal transitioning completely off phenibut. I'd imagine a week of baclofen, moderately doses, will make a huge difference and make it much easier to stay off phenibut in the week following discontinuation.

Apologies for not seeing this thread sooner OP. I'm on holiday now so you have my full and undivided attention :)

How did I miss this thread?! We have at least one instance or something trying to get off phenibut in our SL Directory.

Definitely go slow with your taper, as it will make it more manageable and is more conducive to longer term success.

Also switching to diazepam or baclofen when you're at the end (the very end) of your taper is a really good idea, and staying on something like that for a week or two during the acute withdrawal transitioning completely off phenibut. I'd imagine a week of baclofen, moderately doses, will make a huge difference and make it much easier to stay off phenibut in the week following discontinuation.

Apologies for not seeing this thread sooner OP. I'm on holiday now so you have my full and undivided attention :)

:) hey

Well I'm down to 550mg today. I am taking it slowly but I still feel pretty serious depression / thoughts when i start to drop down every time. I sleep fine though and my anxiety is better. My body feels cleaner the more I get off it too. But I need to find some natural ways to increase my mood and brain. I get seriously sad when trying to step down my phenibut. I am very worried about when I get to 200-100mg.

I just want to be normal again :(

I hear ya. It just take times and changing your habits in daily life. It would probably help to use something like diazepam or baclofen to transition off as I mentioned, but if you can't get it you can still work with what you've got (it will just mean it's is even more important to take it slow).

Outside of tapering, what are you doing to help yourself along during this difficult process?

I hear ya. It just take times and changing your habits in daily life. It would probably help to use something like diazepam or baclofen to transition off as I mentioned, but if you can't get it you can still work with what you've got (it will just mean it's is even more important to take it slow).

Outside of tapering, what are you doing to help yourself along during this difficult process?

I have 10mg bacolofin. How long do they last, do you have to take those twice a day?

and I exercise, and eat right, and vape weed to keep my head right. I cannot take benzos as I went to rehab for opiates/benzos and refuse to ever take either of the two again. So i have 60x10mg bac to get me off the last bit of road to coming off. I just don't know when to start using them and how long to take them, and how many times to take them during the day.

I'm down to 550mg today of phenibut, which is pretty amazing to me seeing a little more than a month ago i accidently only took 600mg and I was withdrawling bad. Now I'm under that dose with ... Only side effects are being easily irritated and waves of depression/sad thoughts and boy are they sad.

when those times hit I try to go on long bike rides and get my blood pumping to get rid of whatever chemicals are making me feel like shit.

I need to know when to start the bac
and just how long it lasts so I can know when to take it to avoid w/d from phenibut since it lasts well over 24 hours.
then how long I would need to take that bac so when I stop it I feel 0 w/d

:)

Last edited:
That dose of baclofen seems reasonable. I don’t know off the top of my head the conversion between baclofen and phenibut though, so you might want to do your own research.

Honestly it may be easier to just slowly continue your phenibut taper and then when the time comes take 10mg baclofen once a day in the evening for a few days. I really would suggest doing more of your own research on the subject of baclofen half life and the conversion between baclofen and phenibut (IIRC they’re both GABA-B agonists but baclofen is far more potent).

I know this I the King of bad withdraws! I also been on it for three years and It I´m in hell.
Find a good baseline for you dose, not to low then it wont work. This shit takes time! Not like normal drugs.. we have brain injury because of our addiction.

power to you! I Pm my links to you, my Journal and stuff. Talk soon. You will do this. It´s just takes time and is very nasty.

OK so I'm down under 400mg. Every time I try 350mg or a little more 24 hours later sadness kicks in. It's just like a blanket of doom That Won't go away and ruins my day. I had to take 130mg just to get a Lil better. I know that sounds weak but I use to dose big so I've adjusted. I've beat opiates and benzos but this by far is the longest drawn out crap EVER. Please don't do it kids. It ain't worth it I assure you unless you have very good self discipline.

If someone has gone from this to baclofin please reach out to me. I need advice.