• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 3 year tramadol addiction with no withdrawals? Possible

crisler

Bluelighter
Ive been taking 300mg a day of tramadol for 3 years it started off as a temporary way to battle my depression which was debilitating and had me unable to function/work/love/get out of bed or out of the house. I am not high just able to live life with depression completely olbliterated it feels amazing life has been going to great. Well eventually Im goingto have to stop so Im planning on it right now.

I do not have a Rx just a sure method of getting 200mg pills in 10 pack blisters from a vendor online. I have tried three times in the past few years to cold turkey and it had me manic, and close to suicidal. I lost my job in 2016 but thank god i have secured a better one with the government I dont want to lose this one when I quit this time.

My goal is to take 250mg for 4 weeks, 225mg for 4 weeks, 200mg for 4 weeks, 175mg for 4 weeks, 150mg for 4 weeks, 125 for 4, 100 for 4, 75 then 50 then 25 for 4 weeks then quit, using only loperamide as needed no other drugs can enter me. Which will be easy because tramadol was the only substance I have been taking for years after trying it for an injury legally in 2015 I wanted more it took my depression away like an antidepressant. So would the end of this 40 week taper yield the result Im looking for? No withdrawal? How do doctors prescribe drugs and get patients off without ruining their lives with awful withdrawal periods. I need to know if this would still result in withdrawals a I trapped and have to face withdrawals no matter what. Please help

Last edited:
That's a pretty slow taper which isn't a bad thing. I would think you'd have minimal discomfort, but still some discomfort nonetheless. You can do it!:)

Before I post what I am about to say, please no replies with anyone calling me a liar, misinformed, or any nonsense.
I was prescribed Tramadol and was taking 50mg, three times a day for about 6months, and I went through zero withdrawls, which I couldn't believe after hearing all the horror stories here on BL. True story, no bullshit at all...

Before I post what I am about to say, please no replies with anyone calling me a liar, misinformed, or any nonsense.
I was prescribed Tramadol and was taking 50mg, three times a day for about 6months, and I went through zero withdrawls, which I couldn't believe after hearing all the horror stories here on BL. True story, no bullshit at all...

No I don't think you're bullshitting at all. I assume though that 6 months isn't long enough for physical dependence but I'm not sure it's just me assuming. But be very glad your brain didn't develop dependence because I'd rather someone amputate a hand vs going through tramadol wd experienced from prolonged daily use.

The brain zaps, the lack of serotonin, the pissing out your ass, the pain of getting out of bed, the myclonic leg twitches that make you question if you are in a seizure, the auditory hallucinations that make you look crazy, tramadol needs to weaned I just pray I don't have to weather that again to get off. Tramadol withdraw I can not lie I would rather someone amputate my left hand if the trade off was stopping with no withdrawals. I hope this method works if I lose this job I have now I don't know what I will do man.

Tramadol is a strange drug. Some people like it as much or more than stronger opioids like hydro or oxy, others swear it does nothing. Some people say they don't get any WD after stopping, others swear they get WD worse than H WD.

Since you had a really hard time with your last WD, youll probably want to taper like you said. I would actually suggest dropping smaller increments over shorter periods of time, so instead of dropping 25 mg every month, maybe try dropping 10 mg every week. It might also be worth talking to your doctor about getting on an SNRI antidepressant. That would probably go a long ways towards easing your WD symptoms since tramadol is both an opioids and an SNRI