• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

3 of my seven seedlings are showing not so positive effects, why?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
Leaves are turning a little yellow, one of them has it's second round of leaves turn grey. They get sun and water but these three have been in another plant it's pot which it has been already been in for two years. I'm afraid they lack nutrition. I could give them a little bit of feeding powder mixture and should I just get rid of the big plant completely to avoid their abilitity to grow? they are as big and strong as all seven I have now but they have been giving new nutritional ground and all other five are healthy.

Any ideas? It's BCN XXL Critical by the way.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 12
soil looks super wet.. to much moisture at the roots can cause anaerobicity and rot as well as problems taking up nutrients.

I would also prick them out into a container of their own when they are still young, so they can grow without competition.

Hey bud

Just some quick but random advice but try and and get some sprouting?pr potting trays fro future use, just makes life easier especially now with this specific predicament.

Cause from the look of things its gonna be hard getting them out there with not causing to much harm to the plant.

Plus using this in the future helps naming the plants and so on, just something to think abot

Attachments

• pre potting trays.jpg
    pre potting trays.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
If I were you I'd just leave them for the time being. Trying to transplant them at this stage would likely do more harm than good and they're too young for nutrients. Patience is the key, the less you mess with them the better. But for future reference, don't put them in the same pot as other plants...

If I were you I'd just leave them for the time being. Trying to transplant them at this stage would likely do more harm than good and they're too young for nutrients. Patience is the key, the less you mess with them the better. But for future reference, don't put them in the same pot as other plants...
Very sound practical advice, I will elaborate as I did the same mistake once:
  • If only one plant has a problem, you cannot correct it for that plant only, and it is not uncommon for plants of the same strain to develop differently even in the same pot
  • If one plant grows taller it will put the smaller one in the shadow further promoting a slow growth, to the point that bending the taller one might not be enough to eliminate the issue
  • When growing indoors and having multiple plants its extremely useful to be free to move the plants around to keep them all at the same distance from the light
  • Plants can sense the presence of another plant with their roots and will create less roots