• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

RCs 3-mmc (Metaphedrone)

Four Mile Creek, St. Clair Township, Ohio
I have read a lot about this drug as being wonderful and addictive if you like cathinones and speed in general. I also hear that it has become more and more popular around here as a popular college drug and would like to know more about it.

How addictive do you find it?

Is it worth getting if you love speed?

What effect should I expect before taking 3-mmc?

Thanks in advance guys!

🧙‍♂️

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
Well to me, 3-MMC is significantly less serotonergic than 4-MMC, such that it doesn't share the same euphoria factor that 4-MMC delivers so nicely in a manner that is reminiscent of MDMA but in a more condensed, controlled manner. Like the same way many people can do cocaine on a weeknight without totally disrupting their week, but could not do the same with MDMA, right? It's kinda like that with 4-MMC – you could still function the next day without too much hangover.

But back to 3-MMC, this doesn't quite get you there. Overall, there's nothing unpleasant about it, and there are washes and waves of magic… hints of it, but it just doesn't fully develop and I wasn't willing to dose it in large, unsafe quantities, personally to see if that's where the magic was. No need to die via needlessly consuming over a half gram of some cathinone that turns out being cardiotoxic as all fuck…

In fact, it's maybe manageable as a study aid, but compared to other stims, it never provoked much interest in productivity and academic or entrepreneurial pursuit. Mostly the times I've used it (roughly two dozen occasions, I would guess) have been pleasant though somewhat forgettable. Nothing beyond a ++ experience tops, and mostly a + kind of affair. YMMV.
a popular college drug
This makes me wonder if my instinct that it could potentially be coerced into being a productivity stim was correct.
Personally I did not find myself craving this drug, and had no problems stopping use whenever I wanted. No adverse effects to my life, health, bank account, etc. were caused by any of my use of this drug, nor did I shirk any responsibilities. Though to be fair, I am not very prone to these particular compulsions, as many other people oftentimes are, and I suspect others would find it moderately reinforcing and those with compulsive behavior pattern disorders and such could develop a problem with a drug like this I imagine. Tolerance seems to build faster than dependency with this compound.
Probably, as long as you can be reasonable in your use, and reduce harm as much as possible. Oh and don't overpay for it. This shit is not scheduled and should be fairly cheap. Good luck!

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
I have read a lot about this drug as being wonderful and addictive if you like cathinones and speed in general. I also hear that it has become more and more popular around here as a popular college drug and would like to know more about it.

Thanks in advance guys!

🧙‍♂️
Not addictive at all imo. But I didn't like it. Khat is way better ime.

Its a crappy stimulant at best, certainly not anything near MDMA. 4-MMC, I never bought as I know myself all to well. After reading the story's I decided to not try it. So comparing with that is something I leave to other's.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
Never heard it called Metaphedrone, but have tried pure 3mmc once

It was shite tbh, like a poor man's 4mmc, lacking the euphoria I was seeking from that class of drugs, yet still not a functional stim - neither one thing or the other so it was useless for me

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
I suppose methaphedrone would be correct. Methcathinone is also called ephedrone. So mephedrone or iso-mephedrone (2/3/5-mmc) is me(the)(a)(e)phedrone.

Mephedrone is just simpler. Or 3mephedrone or iso-mephedrone.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
This makes me wonder if my instinct that it could potentially be coerced into being a productivity stim was correct.
Impossible hah. No way, even pyros are more functional.

I've heard 3-MMC being called moph, for what it's worth.
There's more info in the megathread that should also be on the frontpage of OD, along with some thoughts about 'recent' batches.

Neuroborean

Bluelighter

Thanks in advance guys!

🧙‍♂️
I don't think it is a bad substance at all if you find the proper batch+dosage (the first seems mission impossible nowadays). It is not a crappy stimulant by any means, is powerful and has a great rush (if the batch is right) that can be halfway replicated if you redose at the right time. It is a tricky substance cause is short-acting and its plateau is almost non-existant, so you come down in about 3-4 hours, sometimes less.

I think at first is not very addictive but if you use it regularly and it doesn't cause you any perceived harm or side effect (or you get used to it) then it can be quite addictive. Not like crazy addictive but the substance may seem generally not very aggressive on body (compared with pyros for example) so you can find yourself binging or using daily for some days if you don't control yourself (and you like it, obviously).

I think you can like it if you like speed but is not exactly the same cause the serotonin ratio is much higher and it is like a cannon that does not travel far, so to speak.

You should expect some inner warm that goes rising into a dopamine build up where you think all is ok and you're a great person with great projects and then you start feeling strong euphoria and disinhibition for 30 minutes and a good body high and that hits a ceiling (maybe empathogenic or sensual/sexual) and then you start to come down slowly but steadily for around 1-5 hour, then you want to redose (perhaps) or you ride the soft, chatty and light cloudy serotonin high for a couple hours more.

: )

Gaffy

Bluelighter
I can only speak for 3-cmc, which is a very close relative, which is mildly euphoric at 20-40mg and starts gitting the dose at higher amounts. I went up to 10g in less than 24 h and it was litterally ridiculous. No psychosis, mild desorientation, but my product was very probably cut. The day afterwards (no sleep) I consumed over 15g and had a cardiac failure. Just to tell, don't buy too much, keep it safe, it's less dangerous than real amphetamine but more compuslive on the comedown, probably its beta-hydroxy metabolite which creates the craving feel. As you read, its bettter to drop just 50-200mg and have a good time for 4-5h than to consume it nasally, which is much more bingy ime. Thanks for sharing

Neuroborean

Bluelighter
I can only speak for 3-cmc, which is a very close relative, which is mildly euphoric at 20-40mg and starts gitting the dose at higher amounts. I went up to 10g in less than 24 h and it was litterally ridiculous. No psychosis, mild desorientation, but my product was very probably cut. The day afterwards (no sleep) I consumed over 15g and had a cardiac failure. Just to tell, don't buy too much, keep it safe, it's less dangerous than real amphetamine but more compuslive on the comedown, probably its beta-hydroxy metabolite which creates the craving feel. As you read, its bettter to drop just 50-200mg and have a good time for 4-5h than to consume it nasally, which is much more bingy ime. Thanks for sharing
wow, that story seems pretty crazy and chaotic..!
In my case I've been binging with a very mediocre batch that I have, I still don't know if it is 3-mmc, there's something that is lacking.
but I wanted to share that yesterday, having a lot of tolerance, I took it 4 times, 189mg first dose and then lower : 120-100....
The thing is that it was crazy euphoric, to the point of being incapacitating... how could that be with that dosages and with a week-use-tolerance behind me?
I think it was due to having mucuna pruriens extract in my system, it changes a lot your dopamine production so I had loads of dopa to burn, it was all oral, but became very fiendish at the end, having my last dose at 1am and not sleeping till 6...
Ironically it was my most potent experience of the week, probably I was lacking dopamine in my system beforehand, but in anycase the batch has no magic and seems a weaker substance.

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
I've been binging with a very mediocre batch that I have, I still don't know if it is 3-mmc, there's something that is lacking.
Something lacking? From what? All the batches of 3-MMC you’ve no doubt tried comparing must be how you can be so certain something is lacking, right?

but I wanted to share that yesterday, having a lot of tolerance, I took it 4 times, 189mg first dose and then lower : 120-100....
The thing is that it was crazy euphoric, to the point of being incapacitating...
Crazy euphoric to the point of being incapacitating? So you were incapacitated? Wow, that’s something. I cannot remember the last time I was incapacitated by euphoria. Goddamn.

but in anycase the batch has no magic and seems a weaker substance.
Wait, what? No magic? What does it take to impress you?

Neuroborean

Bluelighter
Something lacking? From what? All the batches of 3-MMC you’ve no doubt tried comparing must be how you can be so certain something is lacking, right?

Crazy euphoric to the point of being incapacitating? So you were incapacitated? Wow, that’s something. I cannot remember the last time I was incapacitated by euphoria. Goddamn.

Wait, what? No magic? What does it take to impress you?
I didn't have so many batches that it could be super easy to compare, like 100% sure, but enough to say that something is lacking, but honestly I think at the moment I'm kinda depressed and anxious and I abused kratom months ago (not now, and not in the moment I tried, since I did a month break) so it can be whatever other reasons, like natural dopamine production downregulated. I'm not completely sure.

But I can tell for sure that I tried other batches of 3-mmc where you start feeling the dopamine literally creeping, till it kinda explodes, with a sero rush too, but the sero being less dominant till the second part. This batch wasn't like that, the rush was completely lacking so the come-up is boring, you are just "there" slowly, and "there" is quite weak, more like, "uhm,I feel good now!!" not like you are having mania. Yes, I had some moments of euphoria on 3-mmc at doses around 200mg that the euphoria was so strong that you couldn't do shit for about 20-30 seconds, just enjoying the sensation, normally the at the peak, once or twice like a fast wave of pleasure at the end of come-up, nothing like this has happent with this batch, just a feeling of well being and later some sero cloud, but not even clear minded...

I also consider that 3-mmc has a distinctive magic, like a semi-psychedelic headspace, not very common for stimulants or cathinones, maybe similar to mdma headspace but not quite, more similar to 3-fea headspace, if that makes sense. Probably this is due to the sero release, but maybe my brain is already fucked up, not sure, but I don't think that is the reason since I don't abuse sero releasers, I took them not more than 20 times in all my life...

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
I also consider that 3-mmc has a distinctive magic
People just throw that “magic” term around willy nilly now thanks to superstitious MDMA discussions… if every drug has distinct magic, then the term magic stops having much meaning, doesn't it?

like a semi-psychedelic headspace, not very common for stimulants or cathinones, maybe similar to mdma headspace but not quite, more similar to 3-fea headspace, if that makes sense. Probably this is due to the sero release, but maybe my brain is already fucked up, not sure, but I don't think that is the reason since I don't abuse sero releasers, I took them not more than 20 times in all my life...
I think you're making a lot of assumptions here and you'd be wise to read up on this topic instead of making half-cocked conjecture. I'm sure your brain is fine enough, and you've probably not done much if any harm, so don't sweat that sorta shit too much, just word to the wise and my proverbial $0.02, and take it from me…

Really I was just kinda messing with you because your assessment of 3-MMC oscillates from debilitating euphoriant to having no magic, but now we're back to it having its own distinct magic… so, do you see what I'm saying? It kinda destroys your credibility. The more experience you develop with drugs, the less mind blowing they tend to be, and a more accurate assessment can be made usually. Though at the same time, this might be due to increased abundance of MAO as we get older and in a sense, being less impressed by life experiences overall is one of the unfortunate things about growing old.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Bare_head

Bluelighter
Loved 4-mmc but that doesnt mean 3-mmc is good. Possibky had it in the past. Cathinones are pretty interesting though would love to try khat

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
Loved 4-mmc but that doesnt mean 3-mmc is good. Possibky had it in the past.
Yeah if you loved 4-MMC, then 3-MMC will be a let down. It almost gets to that point that 4-MMC does, but never quite gets there, instead collapsing on itself and leaving the user feeling oddly jacked-but-sober. Much more Adderall/speed; much less MDMA compared to the 4-substituted compound. If this compound missed you entirely, don't worry – you didn't miss out on much and if it's truly worthwhile, it will come back around again eventually.

Cathinones are pretty interesting though would love to try khat
Idk, they can also be a lame fuckaround depending on what you're after and how given to compulsion the user in question happens to be… No, you're right; they are pretty interesting.

Regarding Khat, if you really want to experience true Khat, you have to travel somewhere near the horn of Africa, like Sana'a, Yemen. The most powerful Catha edulis though is grown in the Ethiopian Highlands. Once plucked from the tree, the Cathinone inside the leaves has about 48 hours before it degrades into the considerably less potent Cathine. Essentially what happens is a hydroxyl bond replaces the double-bonded oxygen molecule at the beta position of the ethyl chain on what is otherwise the amphetamine molecule. So unfortunately you have to consume it while it is still quite fresh. It doesn't do wonders for people's overall dental and gum health, plus the stuffed-cheek look is a bit ridiculous…

It's just not an easy task travelling to that part of the world and back for most so-called “westerners”, and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just accept that and move on. Although I have speculated in the past that it might be possible to “stew” the khat leaves back into activity by lightly steaming them in a proper vessel with a solution of potassium permanganate that is then completely removed from the leaves… something along those lines anyway. Permanganate poisoning though is a real thing to consider.

meprobamatedowned

Bluelighter
hello <3 a friend offered me 2g of this product which appears to be very good quality, i'm high as fuck it's been a while since 3-mmc has hit me that way .... could almost mistake it for mephedrone !