• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin 3 hours since I hit an artery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowley420

Greenlighter
I am fairly positive that I hit an artery in the crook of my right arm.Massive burn down into my hand and hives popped up,swelling fingers etc. Now its 3 hours later cold water and ice helped and the swelling is 90 percent gone. My question is should I go to ER anyway. I have read here and on other sites of the possibility of capillaries in the hand and fingers clogging and causing gangrene. It feels fine now and there is no discoloration at all. Even the injection site is fine. Thanks in advance

This happened to me twice in my lower left forearm, hand blew up and looked like a cartoon both times. I rode it out and the swelling subsided after about 48 hours each time, but it hurt like hell. If the swelling is down and more importantly it stopped hurting, you should be okay. Your case sounds less extreme than mine was.

Wait it out a bit. Sounds more like you missed. If it starts to change and get hot or red then go. If it's just going away without any issues I personally would hold off. Sounds like an allergic reaction that your body is fighting off.

I had something like that happen once where my entire arm swelled up. I tried waiting it out but it got so painful I went to the hospital where they gave me IV antibiotics. Keep an eye on it, but if symptoms suddenly worsen (or don't improve) I would go, just to be safe.

Sounds like you hit a nerve not an artery, when you hit a nerve it sends ashock and for me my hand would swell up

Yes could easily be a nerve shot but the only time I hit a nerve when doing an IM shot of Testosterone/Deca I immediately pulled out cos fuck me did that hurt! No way I was pushing that plunger with my quad twitching and burning like that.

When you registered what colour was the blood?

I actually did a dreaded artery shot about 3 weeks ago. Only got about 2 units in and was in so much pain I ripped the rig right out.

Index finger and thumb swelled like a mfer for about a day. Scary part was little bits of my index finger had dark red splotches and was numb for about a week. I was monitoring very closely and messaging a lot because I was terrified of dry gangrene..

I would say you would know if u should go to the ER.. Although my research pretty much told me they can't do squat for dry gangrene. They can cut it off prematurely but rarely do and mostly let it fall off naturally :eek:

Btw dry gangrene is not infectious and does not spreAd. It's just lack of 02 to cells.

Good luck. Sux hitting an artery or nerve for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.