• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 3-Chloropropanoic acid (UMB66)

muie

Bluelighter
There is very limited information on this substance even though PubMed has a bit more information on this substance than other sources, it still remains largely unstudied and many research trials are still underway. In a nutshell, it should hit the GHB receptor which IMO is the most important part from a pharmacological point of view, since the GABA receptors can be activated via a large variety of legal and/or semi legal drugs that can be obtained quite liberally. This sounds like it could be okay but that is only in theory of course!

I've copied and pasted some information from Wikipedia below.

Wikipedia:
"3-Chloropropanoic acid (also 3-chloropropionic acid) is the organic compound with the formula ClCH2CH2CO2H. A white or colorless solid, it is used as a drug and a synthetic intermediate. The compound is produced by the hydrochlorination of acrylic acid.

With the name UMB66, this compound is a drug used in scientific research. It is structurally related to GHB and binds to the GHB receptor, but has no affinity for GABA receptors. It is also an active ingredient in some herbicide blends. Overdose may cause unconsciousness and/or convulsions."

I've tried GHB before and next to heroin, it has got to be my favorite drug in the world, easily! Is it possible this could have the same effects as GHB, given that one takes a benzodiazepine along with it, in order to activate the GABAa receptors? Or if you think GABAb receptors play a role in GHB's pharmacology, then along with the benzodiazepine also take some baclofen, phenibut or 4F-phenibut? That way, in theory at least, you would activate all the receptors that GHB would normally activate! Yes it's true, to say this is a bitch isn't saying enough...that is when one could go and buy some actual GHB, but regardless of the hassles involved, I would really like to know if this would work and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants to know :)

I would treat drugs that solely activate the ghb receptors as convulsants. Having a seizure can be fairly deleterious to your health, and polypharmacy involves quite some trial and error.

GHB binds to GABA-B receptors as well after the GHB receptors are saturated, but from what I understand, the GHB receptor causes the dopamine rush from GHB, so I'd be curious (but cautious) about a drug that only activated the GHB receptor.

You wouldn't want to play around with GHB receptor agonists that aren't GABAergic. One would assume they'd have stimulating and convulsant properties.

I don't know anything about it, except that it looks like an alkylating agent... Not sure what kind of doses we're talking about but I wouldn't feel comfortable experimenting with it.