• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 3-Chloromethcathinone (3-CMC)

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
v958e37g.jpg

And another methcat variant emerging in Eastern Europe.

While I did not touch the related 4-CMC and 4-BMC due to their amphetamine counterparts being said to be potent neurotoxins (4-CA is used in research to selectively kill serotonergic neurons ...), with some user reports from the time in-between and more information - which just led to even more questions - this time when I was offered a crystalline sample of 3-CMC, curiosity prevailed.

There are contradictory facts about chlorinated / brominated phenethylamines.
- 4-CA has been trialed as an antidepressant in humans (obviously before the animal tests) with no serious adverse reactions and good efficacy.
- In rats/mice 4-CA and 4-BA are neurotoxins.
- One theory is that the toxicity comes from unrestrained release of 5-HT, without specifying further details. This would suggest that it is mainly dose dependent, with having an unknown range from safe to fatal, which could be as tiny as a few mg's or as wide as many hundred.
- The other is that the main compound is a potent releaser, but non toxic and a specific metabolite (in rodents) being responsible. If and how metabolism in humans differs is unknown afaik.
- Or both could be true, having a compound that metabolizes to a toxic one in rodents (but not in human), and is potent enough to cause hyperthermia and serotonin syndrome if dosed too high. (This is what I guess currently.)

The 3-chlorinated ones are thought to be less toxic than the 4-chlorinated ones. Don't know to what extent.

At least it is remarkable that, according to most reports, the CMCs seem to have a relatively easy comedown. While this does not prove anything, it does not sound like severe toxicity to me.

--

I have tried 3-CMC in small doses from 1mg to 30mg for now. Giving a nice, subtle but unambiguously serotonergic effect that is mood-lifting and feels very clear. Used alone it is rather neutral than stimulating, maybe even a bit sedating in a comfortable mellow-ish way. The effects last for maybe 3 hours and gradually fade away, no harsh comedown. No signs of 5-HT depletion so far. But I've dosed conservatively. And I am on 40mg of memantine daily, which possibly (but not for sure at all) offers some protection against excitotoxicity too.

Still many questions with no answers, but I thought I'll share this.

At least it is remarkable that, according to most reports, the CMCs seem to have a relatively easy comedown. While this does not prove anything, it does not sound like severe toxicity to me.

Neurotoxicity or the lack thereof is not something you can hint at by an easy or hard comedown, this is something you may not notice right away. I doubt that you would check your cognitive abilities right after coming down from a drug and that such a test would give any explicit results. So by no means neurotoxicity of 4-CA in humans can be ruled out. I actually think that it is neurotoxic in humans as well because one of the factors contributing to neurotoxicity seems to be simply prolonged effect on serotonin release, which has further effects like hyperthermia.

As for 3-CMC, I guess you should worry much more about its affinity towards 5-HT2B receptors. I can imagine it may be more dangerous than 3-MMC in this respect.

I love noticing its structural similarity to Wellbutrin (bupropion; N-t-butyl-3-chlorocathinone). Of course, Wellbutrin doesn't get you (very) high, but it did give me a seizure. I effing hate Wellbutrin.

I love noticing its structural similarity to Wellbutrin (bupropion; N-t-butyl-3-chlorocathinone). Of course, Wellbutrin doesn't get you (very) high, but it did give me a seizure. I effing hate Wellbutrin.
Yes, wondered about this one too. Oddly, bupropion is not serotonergic at all and not very active on its own possibly due to nAChR antagonism - by combining it with a tiny dose of DXM I have accidentally "unlocked" the bupropion - leading to a heavy euphoric stimulation from even the 150mg SR. But too much norepinephrine jittery for me, and all that seizure stuff does not sound appealing either.

But at least it is not neurotoxic.

As for 3-CMC, I guess you should worry much more about its affinity towards 5-HT2B receptors. I can imagine it may be more dangerous than 3-MMC in this respect.
How this? Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for any information, just try to understand the logic behind .... I have thought of 3F-Phenmetrazine possibly being a 5-HT2B agonist due to similarity to fenfluramine, which I have posted in NSPD about and it seems to be specific to the 3-trifluoro on fenfluramine, so 3F-Phen probably being not that bad.. so will 3-CMC be in the same league or is there something which suggests it's an agonist at 2B?

Any more experiences/ information about this one? Not my kind of thing really, but I got a free sample of this chem, and knowing myself, I'll (probably foolishly) not be leaving it untouched indefinately.

Also, dopamimetic, could you please elaborate a little bit about the "unlocking" bupropion with dxm, that sounds rather interesting. What constitutes "a tiny dose of dxm"?

Last edited:
I haven't even bothered to look up anything yet, but considering 3-mmc is believed to be bad or the heart, and is a powerful foggy-minded, dick shrinking cathinone, adding a chlorine there probably won't do much good.

Yeah, sounds like a winner doesn't it :)

As I said, this type of drugs aren't really my bag, the only empathogenic cathinone I've used is methylone and I'm no fan, and that's supposed to be one of the better ones. I'm sure I'll dive into my 500 mg sample anyway some day, but expectations aren't soaring so to speak.

Still interested in the bupropion dxm alchemy though.

I made IV 3-cmc. Positive experience with dosage 180 mg. Difficulties on beginning to find the right vein, but after great experience!

9:00 am
I put in a teaspoon 180 mg of 3-cmc . So I heated the water content and 3-cmc. after 40 seconds the chemical powder had melted, but it seemed too dense for the human blood so I added salty sea water. I then aspirated with the syringe (09:15 am) , I hit him in the mood.

A long whistle to the ears was perceived and then everything took to sway for two full minutes.
For a long time I was very excited sexually and I tried masturbating, succeeding after two good hours to climax.(11:15 am) ,
Positive experience.
But after I hurt the testicles because I had not enough testosterone.

Thorough Experience Report - 3-CMC

Experience Report: 3-CMC Crystals

Subject:
American Male 155lbs; fairly healthy, resting heart rate is between 65-70bpm (Beats Per Minute)

**Heart rate measures are taken on the subject’s “Fitbit Charge HR” heart rate monitoring pedometer watch that he has worn for months and believes to be quite accurate.

Only other substance taken recently is Kratom. Subject does not drink.

Subject procured a parcel of 3-CMC Crystals in the quantity of 3 grams from a retailer outside of the United States. Having completed his work and obligations for the day, he buys a digital scale that measures down to 0.01g and heads home to try this new RC. Having not found any decent experience reports dealing with 3-CMC, the subject kept track of his feelings, heart rate, and dosing schedule by writing it down, and wanted to share this great substance with you, the reader.

T + 0:00: **DOSE: 200mg (0.2g) - orally (crunched once and then allowed to dissolve under tongue which happened surprisingly quickly)
After 30 minutes the subject could clearly feel the effects kicking in. Warm, fuzzy head, noticeable lift in mood. Walking around and taking his dogs outside is very cool. He’s playing Call of Duty (Advanced Warfare) on his PS4 with his brother. This is important only because A) even when he was very much feeling the 3-CMC effects, he was capable of playing this fast paced technical game, and B) normally, losing over and over again this game gets the subject incredibly frustrated and angry (yelling at the tv, giving up and dropping the controller as he walks away, etc). He experienced NONE of this while playing on 3-CMC, even when he lost as he usually does, the subject was able to chuckle, and keep on playing. No anger, whatsoever.

T + 1 hour: Still playing COD, still feeling great. Subject has begun to clench his jaw, moving his tongue around his mouth rapidly/rhythmically, much like he would do on stimulants. Subject reports additional feeling of slight light-headedness as well as a very slight blurring in his peripheral vision (primary vision remains normal), while the initial warm glow of the substance continues to run strong.
Heart Rate: 85bpm

T + 1hr 45min: Subject feels the effects are starting to lessen, and wishes this not to be the case.
**DOSE: 130mg (0.13g) taken orally/sublingually.
Running total dosage is now 330mg.
Heart Rate: 72bpm

T + 2hr 20min: initial reported effects are continuing pleasantly.
Heart Rate: 72bpm

T + 2hr 41min: Subject again notices his tongue and teeth clicking rhythmically and constantly. Definitely due to a stimulant effect of the 3-CMC
Heart Rate: 74bpm

T + 3hr 12min: effects are again fading, again the subject wishes to continue the experience.
**DOSE: 150mg (0.15g) taken orally/sublingually.
Running total dosage is now 480mg (0.480g)

T + 4hr 5min: **DOSE: 230mg (0.23g) taken orally/sublingually
Running total dosage is now 710mg (0.71g)

T + 4hr 38min: Subject notes continued strong feelings of warmth, happiness, mellow yet excited mood. Continues to play video games and takes his dogs outside every so often. His mood is highly elevated, but still very relaxed.
Heart Rate: 78bpm

T + 6hr 32min: Subject notes that effects have almost completely disappeared. The comedown is not harsh in nature at all, no headache, no nausea, no irritation, nothing. However, there is a strong desire to consume more 3-CMC.
**DOSE: 200mg (0.2g) taken by insufflation, one line of decent size.

Powder does not burn the nose, but the drip in the back of the subject's throat is not ideal. After a short period of maybe 4 minutes, the effects come back on quite strongly. A warm fuzzy feeling rushes over the subject as he is urinating and he feels “fantastic”.
Heart Rate: 78bpm

T + 7hr 16min: subject’s nose has been running slightly, no blood, only from the one nostril used to insufflate the powdered 3-CMC Crystals. At this point the effects from the insufflated substance have almost completely worn off, though his nose continues to run slightly. The subject experiences a strong desire to, again, take more of the substance.

3-cmc%20new-500x500.JPG

3-cmc-228x228.jpg

Thank you for your interest, I hope this of some informative value to people out there. Will be trying some other new RC's in the near future including 4-CMC and "Methamnetamine". More experience reports to come.

-Beezo777

Anyone knows what proportion a dose of Bupropion would be converted to this metabolite?

Just bumping this one in hope of hearing about more 1st hand encounters.

Info is very scarce for this one, although it sounds like it has potential. The easy comedown and possibility of sleep is what peaks my interest.

Is 3-Cmc really so bad compared to the favoured 3-mmc/4-mmc's so that this thread don't even get posts past page 1?